Mics. Gaint Robot Forum

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by ZakoSoldier, Oct 28, 2003.

1. ZakoSoldier

ZakoSoldier Zeon Commander

I don't want to be annoying but I think that there should be a general Giant Robot forum this would include such things as
    -Big O
    -Dia- Gaurd
    -Rahxephon
    -Full Metal Panic
    -Gaint Robo
    -Mazinkaiser
    -Getter Robo
    -Macross (Robotech)
    -Patlabor
    -Aura Battler Dunbine
    -and others

please support me in this forum idea

2. Blue Crow

Blue Crow New Member

This actually seems like a good idea.

It doesn't confuse members too much because it's easy to tell if an anime is mainly about giant robots.

And there sure are a lot of giant robot animes out there.

3. TheSonOfBattles

TheSonOfBattles New Member

TBH, I think this is the best idea i've heard in a while, and both Gundam and Eva should be cancelled as sections, and left in Mecha Anime Section. Reason being: they're dead most of the time, sure Gundam gets somewhat active every now and again when a new series is released, but how often does that happen.

4. Blue Crow

Blue Crow New Member

And you would know.You've been here 9 days.:rolleyes:

5. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Why not just use the "Anime" forum?

6. ZakoSoldier

I think that SOB added to the idea with his idea of getting rid of Gundam (espeically Gundam) and Eva since those are dead most of the time. In answer to your question It would clear out some space in the Anime forum and there is so much that could be in that forum (you saw the list)

7. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Well frankly I find M2A's sorting to be sort of iffy to begin with. Frankly the only categories we need are...

Anime + Manga = take a guess.
    Games = discussions on all types of games.
    Art = Hmm.
    Support = Another obvious one.
    VS debates = Ever wanted to see who would win between Guld Goa Bowman and Miriya? Find out now!
    Fan Fiction = Guess what this is.
    Original Writing = Another obvious area.
    Non-Anime Discussions/Debates = The Misc and Announcements forum stacked in one.

And yes, I am basically just ripping off the Spacebattles.com forum setup. So what? It works.

8. ZakoSoldier

with all the people M2A has that would make those threads very cluttered so I'm just suggesting a way to get rid of some of the clutter

9. ~ Zack ~

~ Zack ~ Guest

I actually like the way of Nephy's way of sorting things. Seems interesting to see how it might go.

Though, personally, this is coming from someone who has little to no actual anime forums to post on, but, y'know. :p

From my experience, also, I would think it'd be easier to deal with few areas that are cluttered than a wide span of areas. Though, really, that's all up to the mods and the likes. *shrugs*

10. TheSonOfBattles

What does the amount of time i've been posting here count blue_crow, does my opinion become less just because i've been here a shorter amount of time than you. Is my idea any less because I discovered internet forums in general only a few months ago?

Besides which, i've actually been posting here for about 2 - 3 months. Just because i'm posting very little, don't mean I ain't here.

11. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Are you kidding? I sure hope you are, because SB has far more members and threads than M2A. M2A is nothing in terms of size compared to SB.

At the time of this writing...

SB: Members: 4,572, Threads: 50,152, Posts: 1,264,303
    M2A: Members: 2,875, Threads: 9,527, Posts: 134,373

I have absolutely no trouble whatsoever finding what I want in SB. It also draws the community closer because there is more interaction. If we have something that's series specific, well, it isn't too hard to differentiate between "Asimovs Empire vs UFP" and "Galactic Empire vs UFP". Now granted I'm not expecting anyone here to know what the hell I'm saying by that, but you get the idea.

12. Dredz

Dredz Clown With A Frown

Maybe because after nine days, your opinion might not be informed about how a forum is dead "most" of the time?

13. Blue Crow

Blue Crow New Member

And that would be the proverbial "hammer" hitting the proverbial "nail" on the head.:rolleyes:

Sure,you've been here for a couple months,but popping in every now and then hardly warrants a valid opinion when it comes to deciding wether a forum is "dead" or not.:rolleyes:

14. ZakoSoldier

I don't want to sound offensive but yes Gundam is a very slow forum but it is not dead. A nearly dead forum is Tenchi. Now to get back on topic Eva is quite alive sure is it not constaly filled with new posts but it does have new posts regularly.

Just a reminder Blue Crow you have already been warned and this is becoming a flame war
    You are a great asset to this board and I would hate to lose you

I am so sorry Admins I didn't mean this to happen please forgive me

15. Blue Crow

Blue Crow New Member

I've been warned?I've faked my own banning before but I don't think I've gone far enough to recieve a warning.

And thanks for your concern,but I really don't deserve it.I,too,appologize for that earlier.:)

It's just that I am never one to sit back when injustices are being done.;)

16. TheSonOfBattles

OMFG!! Haha, Blue Crow, you are such a tard. If you'd even bothered to read my post you would have seen what I wrote. Just to spell this out for you:

Gundam is actually my favourite Anime of all time, thus far. I love every series of it i've seen. And because of this, I check the forum for updates and posts etc. on a Daily if not BI-DAILY basis. Therefor, yes, I know it's been dead a lot. In the last week there's been like 1 new post in the Gundam Seed thread, and that's it.

I will admit the same can't be said for Eva, but I still think the best bet would be to hedge all show's under Section headings eg. Vampire, Mecha and that kinda thing, because it would see a lot more life that way. But it was ONLY a suggestion to see what other people think.

You however are obviously a troll, therefor i'll stop here. Thanks, for giving me the pleasure of showing you your ignorance! And a damn good laugh to!

17. ZakoSoldier

Yeah you were warned in because of flaming in this forum http://www.mangatoanime.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10279

That my friends is what I call harassment and a flame war.

18. TheSonOfBattles

Yea, sorry. I'm gonna stop before my arrogance and pride get me in trouble.

19. ~ Zack ~

~ Zack ~ Guest

I just have to say that some people are just bloody stupid.

But besides for that little tidbit, here's my input...

No, bad idea. 'cause then, after this step is taken, we'll have more and more people begging for other things (me already being one of them, I guarantee to you this. :p). After we clutter everything into a Mecha forum, then we'll have people asking to clump together all Medieval/Fantasy Anime, or Vampire Anime (ME ME ME ME!) or, Hell, Anime with characters who's first names begin with the letter "D".

Buuuuuuuuut, that's just my opinion. ;) I could be wrong.

20. Blue Crow

Blue Crow New Member

Wow!I DID get warned!:D

Holy crap!I never even read that thread again after I posted.It's a shame that I was warned,too,because I was insulting Microsoft,not Rek.I'm sure he's a fine gentleman that knew what he was talking about.Perhaps I should have gone back before it was too late and explained myself.:(Oh well,what's done is done.I apologize to Tooma and Teddz.I'm sure they think I'm a huge jerk now.:(

Well,that post was embarassing enough by itself,I don't need to add to it.;)

So,where were we before this got out of hand?Oh,right:

Robot forum is a good yet bad idea.Good because it's easy to group robot anime into their own section and it would clear our space in "anime",but it would also confuse people by seperating different genres.