Anime Fan Fiction Mitsurugi Prologue

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by wertitis, May 21, 2006.

1. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

A few people have known for a while that I've been working on a fanfic now for about four years. As it stands it's almost 1000 pages, still incomplete, and in desperate need of good editing and several re-writes. My muse has been burnt out the past few months and I need some motivation to get me back on track and get this beastie concluded.

So, I decided to post up the prologue and see how what you guys think. Anyone's open to any comments or critiques they might have. I have to warn you, the prologue may not be for some people, as some of what comes out of my mind and on to paper can be a little warped. The rest of the fic follows similar lines, with the exception that unlike my last effort, I wanted to make this one have more a comedic feel to it.

Fanfiction.net pisses me off regularly with its reformating of the layout of someone's works in order to crunch size and character counts, so I'm pre-releasing the 'beta' version of my prologue in zip format. It's saved as a doc, so hopefully everyone out there has MS Word. If necessary I can change the file format around to please anyone who cannot read MS doc files, maybe something like a text format or something.

So, I'll say again not everyone may like this, but if you do read it, please leave a comment. Good or bad, I can roll with the punches. Yes, I'm aware of a few grammatical and spelling errors. :p They happen. Enjoy~

;) Sorry Rags, I know I'm a sick and twisted man, but oh well.

Thankee for y'time.

~W

:Edit: That file server was being obnoxious so I simply attached the zips- both the .doc and .txt file. I should have done this in the first place. Enjoy everyone.

Attached Files:

2. Lance Leingod

Lance Leingod The White Blade

I tried to read it but I'm getting weird symbols all over the place. Could you change it to like Microsoft Word? That would really help ^_^. When its titled "Mitsurugi", do you mean the Samurai that was named that or the style in Rurouni Kenshin? I like both anyway ^_^

3. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

'Tish MS Word. Try downloading it again, you may have a bad copy. The copy I downloaded works just fine for me.

It's Mitsurugi as in Hanagata Mitsurugi, as in Saber Marionette. According to Lady Aoi Mitsurugi means 'beautiful sword', which is partly why I built the main title up around it.

If anyone else has any troubles with it I'll swap the formats around and re-load the file itself on my host.

~W

:edit: K I uploaded a text version. The link will be in my first post.

4. Lance Leingod

The file has changed but its hard to read it. I can read some of the story but its hard reading. And my keeps on showing up on word pad.

5. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Try opening it in MS Word or MS Word Viewer, then. Wordpad typically doesn't support .doc extensions.

If I didn't already have the whole thing you've written thus far, and didn't have MS Word Viewer, then I'd ask you to change it to .rtf format, but it's fine as is for me. :)

6. Lance Leingod

I don't really know how to change it. I just try to open it. When I click on it, it sends me to a different window, asks me to open it with Power Archiver 2002. It opens it up and appears to be in word document but when I click on it, it sends me to word pad. Anything you could help me with there.

7. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

I was telling Wertitis to change it, not you. -_-

Right click on the file and unzip it into the folder you're storing it in. Then right click again and select "Open With" and pick MS Word.

Voila.

Never had to open a file with a different program from the default before?

8. Lance Leingod

Never have, I'm going to be trying that right now.

9. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

It works for me.

And your prologue is 18 pages. Yikes. I know you don't like small. :p

Wait for a comment

Wait for some time. But I will. The last one took over a month. :( I am to busy.