More Suggestions.

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by Energizer Bunny, Jan 6, 2004.

1. Energizer Bunny

Energizer Bunny i wuv you

bingo... this whole sarcasm, "youre whinny-er than me" stuff with these posts have got to stop... everyone is entitled to their own opinions and if they believe they should leave so be it. theres no reason to continue with this silly bickering; its honestly getting us nowhere so yeah... lets all just chill

2. TheSonOfBattles

TheSonOfBattles New Member

No point, i'll just be ignored and spat upon because i'm a n00b. Unless your post count is in the hundreds there's no point making a suggestion. Sad, but true.

Made a suggestion in there a while ago, and people such as blue crow said my opinion was worthless, and that I was to new, and had way to few posts. There was no way I could know enough about the place to make suggestions.

I'll try and find the link to said post, and edit it in later.

3. Dredz

Dredz Clown With A Frown

If I remember correctly, the point was that you made some sweeping statement about the place when you'd been here a few days, and there wasn't much chance you had seen a lot of it.

4. TheSonOfBattles

Right, found a link to the thread:

http://www.mangatoanime.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=10531

I was gonna edit it in, but I might as well make a reply out of this. Here goes.

Yes, Dredz has the right thread in mind, however same as before, he has some facts wrong. I pointed out that Blue Crow's estimation of my time at the forum was wrong, but people don't seem to be taking that as true. At the time of above thread I had been at m2a for roughly 3 to 4 months(Where he pulled 9 days out of i'm still not sure). Granted, I won't know the site inside out after such a time, but i'm also not a complete newb to the forum, and how it works either.

Secondly it was pointed out that I rarely posted. To this I replied: true, but that doesn't mean I rarely visit the site. I still visit the site on at least a daily basis if possible. One of the 2 forums I was suggesting the disbandment of was actually one of my favourite places in m2a. As I said above, I won't have a complete picture of it's activity rate after 3 months, but checking it at least daily for those 3 months will give me a fair indication.

All of this was overlooked however, and in the end, other people's arguments were what mattered, not mine. I accept that the mods have decided that the current arragment will stand, and that the forum is not needed, I don't however like that my arguments were ignored on false grounds.

As for the mini flame war, again I apoligize, but like I said I let my own pride and arrogance get in the way, and answered in a manner that would be suitable to IRC maybe, but not here.

Regarding what I think needs changing, I still think the site would be better with the loss of a few of it's forums.

Also, I think there should be a links page, where people could rate the links, ensuring that good links posted by fellow members rise to the top, bad one's sink to obscurity, and one's that have no votes stay in a seperate section awating people's judgement.

5. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Apologies are due for my cryptic quip in the aforementioned thread. Perhaps I was not clear in my stance on your opinion, but let me state that I peruse all suggestions no matter who posts them and take each as serious as the next.

Streamlining and grouping of forums has been suggested before as a format for M2A, and had tons of diuscussion about how exactly to go about it, and in the end, it either meant dropping everything into about 5-6 general forums (Anime, Manga, General Discussion, News, Help, etc.) or keeping it as it is, with general forms and a few specific subject lines. Neither is a truly perfect solution, but the format we've had has seemed to work thus far.

The "Giant Robo" forum suggestion followed closely on the heels of the "Vampires" forum and "Shoujo" forum and many others, so I merely put forth the problem with categorization - how do you decide where something fits? I may not be able to track down, say, Tenchi Muyo! because it was put into the "Romance" forum instead of where I was looking - "Sci-Fi".

So, I didn't spell it completely out in black and white. But I did read over the suggestion, and certainly didn't reject it based on any posting statuses or member comments.

Everyone's suggestions are important, as everyone can make a difference or influence how the board evolves. Don't down on the assumption that senior members are the only ones who get their say.

6. TheSonOfBattles

Thanks Bakkamattsu.

What about the suggestion about the scored Links page?

7. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Let me just see if I'm clear on that suggestion.

You're suggesting a sort of open directory project on m2a where users may submit links, and they're voted on?

8. TheSonOfBattles

Don't know what open directory project means, but sounds kinda right. What I'm suggesting is a 2 page system. One page for unscored links, and one page for scored. Users could submit links, and the links are scored from one to five by members after they've used them. Good ones would eventually rise to the top, and bad ones sink to the bottom.

Or you could just sticky the Links thread cloud started. Either's good.

Don't know if the scored system one is possible or not, but that's what i'm suggesting.