Video Games Mortal Kombat:Armageddon

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Seishin, Jan 18, 2006.

1. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Well, it seems that Midway was actually satisfied of how surprisingly good Mortal Kombat:Shaolin Monks turned out to be, that they are making a follow-up!

Mortal Kombat:Armageddon is the latest game in the MK series, and even though a few details of the game were said, they are surprisingly good at best.

Playable Character:At least 60 characters will be available for playing in MK:Armageddon, including old ones like Liu-Kang and Kung-Lao, and returning ones like Stryker and Sheeva,

New Mode:Yes, Midway is trying to beef up the stakes by adding a new mode:Create a fighter! So now you can create your own character, give him/her some moves, and of course, fatality!

Fatalities:All that's been said is that fatalities have been reworked or something like that, but greatly enough, there's gonna be a lot.

I found this here on the net, and first read it in the latest issue of GameInformer.

Does anyone have pics or news, or comments to share?

-Seishin

2. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

Hellz yeah! One, i always wanted to create my own killing machine. Two, i really like Mortal Kombat.
    Hellz yeah, and Huzzaah!

- Kaiyon

3. Superfly

Superfly Active Member

60 fighters.. impressive, but how many texture clones will be among them? Because if we look back at the older MK games.. phe-ew, many, many sprite clones of the ninja.. (I'm writing "ninja", not "ninja's", because it's just that way ;) )
    Ofcourse, these aren't sprites any longer, so I guess I shouldn't call that an argument.

Create-a-fighter has been tried before.. as a whole game, and it pretty much failed. I hope at least the props we can choose from will be plentyful!

...who wants Fatality?!
    Friendship FTW! :D

4. Soitsu

Soitsu Flame Alchemist!

Can someone say, different fatalities, most of teh fatalities were awsome, but I want new ones, except sub-zero, his are cool enough.

And can anyone say new Hara-Kiri's!!!!:D

5. Seishin

Seishin Guest

I thought Hara-Kiri's were kind of bland, with absolutely no point to them. Okay, so you get to see a character kill him/herself, big deal. Most of them are impossile (then again, so are fatalities ^^).

More fatalities or combo moves per character should be great. I think it's going to be kinda bland though, if since there are 60 characters, only 1 Fatality per character.

I also sure hope the different kinds of desings for Create-a mode is in vast quantities...

Meh, I'm just looking forward to the 3-D a whoopings I can give with great characters like Sheeva, Sector, Stryker, or Kintaro!

-Seishin

6. Soitsu

Soitsu Flame Alchemist!

This is a little off topic but, don't you think if one of these days they came out with a mortal combat game that works kinda like marvel VS capcom, I's not the best but not the worst idea,I mean what would be awsome is if you had like a double fatality, like both characters use their fatalities at the same time, switching out between characters(favorite combo Sub-Zero and Scorpian), I know they do have one of those with smoke, in deception, but I mean every character!

Post #200!!!

7. Seishin

Seishin Guest

That is if Mortal Kombat was a 2D. Still, that idea sounds kinda bland, since once you're dead, you're dead....maybe like a team up, but due to the vast amount of characters, that's highly unlikely....

-Seishin

8. Chane

Chane Audience of One

Oh gawd, ANOTHER one? Jeez, why can't the GOOD fighting games have as many as the crappy ones? -sigh-

9. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

Because the good ones are high budget and take a lot more time to make.

Im a preety good fan of Mortal Kombat, and since the games have left us unsatisfied time and time again, "give it another try" i say.

- Kaiyon