Art Mourning Phoenix Dress

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by furryb, Jan 19, 2006.

1. furryb

furryb Blind guy drawing...

(Colored) Mourning Phoenix Dress

Black and Whites:
    Before suggestions
    After suggestions

I've always liked chinese dresses. It might be because I'm chinese but I'm thinking it's because... suffice it to say I find them attractive. My first chinese dress was a gold trim dragon dress that could be seen in my gallery. Dragon Dress

Anyway, this is the phoenix dress; the continuation of the old cliche. Given her expression and the jug that she is carrying, she represents the fall of the phoenix before its rebirth. In essense though, I just wanted to make a pretty picture. I'll finish this sometime during the week. Any suggestions on changes are appreciated. ;)

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. Wolfie

Wolfie New Member

That's brilliant i guess the width of the leg isn't that good and if you colour it would be perfect

3. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

I really like it, I can't find anything wrong actually...
    COLOUR....

4. furryb

:confused: I'm a bit confused now. Should I change anything then? If so, how should I modify the leg and which leg? :sweat: (I have a history of complaints about how I draw legs.)

5. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Hrm, I suppose I see where the complaints about the legs come in. Her ankles are a little fat and her legs seem more... masculine and stocky, than slim and feminine.

HOWEVER [insert comma here] The picture itself is great and I dont see any reason why you would have to change anything. I'm a big fan of the seksi Chinese dresses myself, and this one looks golden.

I would say, dun change nuttin'!

~W

6. Ashika

Ashika This thing is so short...

Its awsome! Refering to the comments on the legs, the legs or fine. The thigh is the right size, but the calf might need to be tighter and slimmer, you could fix it up easy if you made the ankles slimmer. I just looked at my ankle and it curves in before hitting the foot...but i might just have weird legs.

7. furryb

Thanks for the suggestions! I'm a nitpicker and it bothers me when I think something could be better but I can't figure out why. I've slimmed down the the legs and ankles as suggested. Hopefully it's an improvement. ;) I've already switched out the old pic for the new version. I'll have the coloring finished by tomorow night (hopefully). For convenience of comparison, both are listed below. Also I was thinking falling phoenix dress is a better sounding title. What do you think?

Before suggestions
    After suggestions

8. Eternal-Blaze

Eternal-Blaze New Member

I don't know if it's just me, but her hips seem kinda small. Not by much, but they just seem alittle too small. The new version is definitely much better, though.

9. takawaka

takawaka New Member

I think it looks fine sir :) I think it is a matter of taste, you seem to have your technical skills down to the notch. I preffer thinner hips, a bit thicker legs, and thinning down as I go down to the ankles. but thats just me XD.

10. furryb

Finished coloring! Hmm... Why do I always make them redheads..? :confused:

Colored version.

11. takawaka

takawaka New Member

ooooo sexy :9 I love the coloring its crisp and clean. nothing wrong with red heads, my girls turn into auburn heads all the time @_@ *twitches* love the pattern on the dress and the emblem :) teh curves are yum too.

12. furryb

Thanks! I've been playing around with the pattern stamp in photoshop for a while now trying to get ideas on how to use it. Funny how long it takes to figure out a use for something that is obviously useful. It's even more funny that I draw so many red heads considering the fact that I like blondes best in real life. :sweat:

Colored version.

13. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Quite simply this one is the Sex. Though, from a completely masculine point of view, I would have put a little more shading and annunciation around her bousoms, giving them a little more shape. However with the dark blue that you used for her dress along with the black pattern I dont know if that would even be effective or not.

Regardless

This is much yum! The colors and details are fantastic.

~W

14. Sen

Sen Ero-ninja

oh hey thats a great picture ^^b
    theres really nothing wrong with it, careful with the lines, there are some jaggies in the legs, easy to fix though!
    draw a blonde one for me ;o

15. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Nice drawing. If you are carefull you may miss the differences in the suggestions. I like coloring also.

16. furryb

Thanks! Hmm... do you think lightening the dress color or making the shadows closer to solid black would work? The shadows are there but I have to admit, they are pretty invisible right now.:sweat2:

:p Crap. Didn't notice that. Must have happened during the shading. I'll fix it in the morning. Next up, a blonde... ;)

:confused: I am a bit confused now but thanks for the complement. :sweat2:

17. Wolfie

Wolfie New Member

mate you got it perfect can't wait to see more of your work
    sorry i didn't tell what you needed to improve on the leg

18. furryb

Thanks! I'm doing a pic for chinese new year but I might not have enough time to complete it (Just like last year...) One way or another, I'll post it though. :sweat2:

19. Wolfie

Wolfie New Member

can't wait till then
    hopefully you will finish it

20. child of sin

child of sin ★★★★☆

oh dude i didnt see these kind of stuff from you for a looong time ;D
    hell that was hot! also getting cooler with the CG! ;3