Mr Ken Akamatsus New Manga...

Discussion in 'Akamatsu Ken Works' started by Teddz, Apr 6, 2003.

1. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Its believed that Ken Akamatsu ( The Author behind Love Hina ) has realised his new manga on the weekly shonen Magazine #13.

English Title: Magister Negi Magi
    Japanese Title: Mahou Sensei Negima (Magic Teacher Negima)

and the story:

[note. Its taken from this ad from www.jupiterstar.com]

Akamatsu Ken's hot new series starts!
    An exciting new type of school love comedy
    69 Pages with a colored preface.

In order to become a brilliant magician, the 10-year-old Negi becomes a middle school teacher! As for Negi's students, they are 30 strong-willed girls. He's treated as a pet, abused...Can Nagi pull it off being a teacher!?

Here is a picture of it :)

[​IMG]

2. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

I've read the first chapter of this (hush hush) and it's amazingly funny. Actually, it's more like they're all junior high girls and Negima (the main character), is actually harassed in the way your describing by one person. Everybody else thinks he's beyond adorable. ^_^

Oh, and it's kinda neat how you see some "cameo" appearances by other Akamatsu characters. The most obvious one I saw was Motoko running to school. (Well, she *was* carrying a sword...though it was wrapped, oddly enough.) One of the 31 girls also looks a LOT like Kanako. Short hair with one antenna.

All in all, this seems to be every little bit as perverted and comedic as Love Hina. Actually, a little bit MORE perverted. Everytime Negi sneezes, all the girls' skirts fly up. Heh. He sneezed quite a bit, considering he's a 10 year old boy. ^_^

Looks to be a bit of romance too. There was enough blushing and stammering in the first chapter to support this. Very cute manga, all in all.

3. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

As far as looks go, it's obviously by the guy who did Love Hina (yes, I know his name). Someone must have heard me complain about how all anime/manga protagonists are in high school, cause Negi isn't! He's the teacher woot. cept he's 10. Oh well, at least he's surrounded by loads of 14 year olds who look 18 at least. Good thing too, this one has plenty of bath scenes, anda fun incident with balloons. Love Hina fans prolly can't go wrong

Anyway, I am indeed behind the times in picking this one up, but the nice thing about that is there are already at least 7 translated scanned chapters floating around :D

4. Shinji_Ikari2k4

Shinji_Ikari2k4 New Member

It's Mine!!!!

Yes at last i have negima!

and in my opinion i think it's great there are characters that share similar traits to the love hina girls but most are in the background

however i think akamitsu has done a great job with this and i hope he can keep it up i can sense some love hina magic in this one i.e. open air bath, good intentions bad results you get the gist!

5. Lizzy-kun

Lizzy-kun New Member

I like Negima there's still some bits of love hina floating about in the background. It's really fun with hilarious scenes of blowing Asuna's clothes off and that incident with the exploding balloon boobs. I don't want to wait for August for the next book! :dizzy2:

6. Shinji_Ikari2k4

Shinji_Ikari2k4 New Member

got to agree with you there that was seriously funny i enjoyed the volleyball scene that is the whole volleyball scene :p

7. Yasuko

Yasuko I beg your pudding?

My friend has Negima one and two. I'm debating whether I like LH or this better lately.
    First off, theres a million girls that I could never keep track of. Now I can and I'm in love their personalities! It's fun picking out your fave.
    However, it's not as romantic as LH, which I kind of liked... but Asuna and Negi have a brother and siseter type relationship in my opinion, and I think it's adorable.
    Still, it is hilarious... and Negi is such a cute little welsh boy who sort of reminds me of Harry Potter. ^^ (Unlike Keitaro, who doesn't have any cool powers.)

8. evangel999

evangel999 New Member

compliments on mahou sensei negima

woah...mahou sensei negima is so cooool the artistics were slowly improved from the first book on...
    the first book the pictures seemed too chubby but later it was WONDERFUL i totally give my comments to ken akamatsu
    the total twist of tale is now very well known that even in my school we have started a mahou sensei negima group i play eva...BEWARE....:bleed2: