Creative Writing Murder Choice

Discussion in 'Written Arts' started by Basher, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Crazy idea I started.

About...

Fate is not decided. It’s the choices that you make that write your own fate fate. In order to survive can you take your life in your own hands? If it came to it can you kill someone?

Chapter 1....

You wake up and you know it will be just one of those days. Sitting straight up in bed you rub your temple while trying to figure out where the bad intuition is coming from. Both sides of your bed don’t look to appealing to you. You would rather lay back down and go back to sleep. Glancing at the alarm clock you realize that you are running late. You jump out of bed.

Your morning goes like it normally would but at a quicker pace. You need to make up those few minutes you slept late. You have to get to your occupation on time even if you hate it. You admit it that you hate your job and your life. Your life feels so mundane. You do the same thing over and over again everyday to the point where you are sick of it. Nonetheless you go to your occupation.

The drive there is typical nothing interesting happens. Your work day consists of a nagging boss about assignments that are past due and the hint of being fired. You get to the point where you can’t take it anymore. The stress keeps on building and the bad feeling won’t go away. You feel as if you will break. So, you watch the clock and hope that your lunch break comes early.

Time passes slowly by because you keep on watching it. You have already decided what you will do with your break. Every second is accounted for. The time comes and off you go.

You arrive at your destination and quickly hurry down your aisle of choosing. You quickly scan it searching for your product in its usual place. The shelf is empty. Your item is sold out. You frown and move on to grab your lunch from the deli section you can always pick your product up from elsewhere after work.

In the deli section you look for your favorite meal. It isn’t in. You scan for your second, third, and forth. They are all missing. All that is left is your least favorite meal. You pick it up and grumble to yourself. Your time is limited if you want to eat you will have eat that meal. Plus the way your boss has been you don’t know how late you will be getting home.

You walk to pay for it but someone ends up bumping into you and spilling their drink all over your clothes. They mumble an apology you grumble. A napkin is found but it isn’t enough to dry off your clothes. It just isn’t your day.

You turn away and hurry. What’s the use of crying over spilled milk? Or soda in this case? You have also lost a few minutes of your break. You now have enough time to check out and hop in your car and drive to work. You have to eat on the way if you want to make it in time.

Luckily for you the lines for the check out are small finally something has gone your way. But the nagging feeling hasn’t gone away…and someone has cut in line. Now you will be late.

Do you say something?

(Decide one of the spoilers)

You tell that person that they cut in line. They ask you are you going to do something about it as they are in your face. Your anger has been building all day.

You say yes and before you realize it you swung your first punch. It slams into their face knocking them backwards at a strange angle. They start to fall. The world seems to move in slow motion. You can’t react all you can do is watch as they slowly descend. Their body turns in a strange way due to the blow. Their neck ends up catching on the side of the conveyor belt.

A sickening snap is heard breaking you from the slow moving world. Their neck is broken. They fall down dead. You know it and so do others around you.

Screams from other shoppers fill the store. Everyone backs away from you. It happened so quickly all you can do is stare at your hands.

Do you realize what you have done?

The person in front of you starts to snicker. You grunt and do nothing. What would it accomplish anyway?

The person in back of you slams into you with their cart on accident. You are pushed forward right into the person in front of you. You couldn’t stop.

That person gets angry and thinks that you leapt at them. They start a fight with you. Luckily you know how to fight a little but it isn’t enough. You get thrashed and the ambulance comes.

You have a ruptured spleen. You get patched up but something goes wrong inside of you. It could have been from the concussion. You wind up in the intensive care unit because your immune system isn’t working right after the beating.

You find out while you are fighting for your life that the person who hurt you gets away scot free because of who that person knows. Time passes and you take a turn for the worse. You die. It was a crappy end to a crappy life.

THE END

2. artemis836

artemis836 Vampire Slayer

Holy crap.

Interesting idea. Where did this idea come from?

You should write more.

3. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

It came from me thinking of those choose your own ending. Then I thought how about your own murder?

I might go back and edit so were you play out the day and etc. Like if you stay in bed and etc. But maybe not.

I am currently editing the next part.

4. seiji

seiji Member

Hi Basher!

The continuation of the story is still the enjoyment only though read directly without translating into Japanese. I like description in daily life. It looks forward how to it develops.

5. seiji

seiji Member

I translated into Japanese and finished reading.
    I think that the description of the situation on the day where it moves as still indifferent time passes is good.
    I thought that the Murder happened such a oppositely though it put away even if it was able to be thought an ordinary conception a little. I think. The person is a living thing that troubles others holding the frustration against daily life each other.
    I imagine that your having wanted to draw as a theme in this work is in the point.
    Anyway, I think that keeping ravenously creating it by your pace is sure to improve power and ability to your novel a lot when you want to write. Keep writing aggressively.
    The story just started. I'm sorry really. I am looking forward to the story arc in the following part. ^_^

I apologize for translate into English of sentences of this comment not having gone well. T.T