Art My drawing of Erial.

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Ashika, Jan 12, 2006.

1. Ashika

Ashika This thing is so short...

This is my first drawing on photoshop. I can't tell how good or bad it is, because ive drawn it and seen it constantly. Erial is a character me and my friend made up so yah!
    The Picture Link
    Soooo, tell me what you think, because I do love creative critisism! ;)

heh heh... The pygmy shrews attack at at dawn *chic chic* are you ready?
    --sheeta

2. Soitsu

Soitsu Flame Alchemist!

It was OK, not to sound mean but you need to work more on you actual drwing first then color really, just take your time(I can't be talking I can't even draw...):rolleyes:

3. Ashika

hehehehe.. hopefully i wont be drawing in this style anymore. I have my own set style, well, at least its almost consistent... but it not that good in my opinion. I hoping to start my own webcomic. But ill probably post in on thread some of the panels, to get feedback on my stlye and drawings. Thank you fot being honest! I love that!:anime:

4. Soitsu

Soitsu Flame Alchemist!

I'm always honest(*Twitches*)!!!:D

5. Wolfie

Wolfie New Member

it's good but it's a bit uneven plus it would of been brillient if you put a little more detail

1 person likes this.
  6. Soitsu

Soitsu Flame Alchemist!

The drawing would look good if it had better detail...like coloring IN THE LINES id the main problem to me...:p

7. Orion

Orion Gears

A little Photoshop can always help you on the color and or straightening of the lines. ;)

8. Soitsu

Soitsu Flame Alchemist!

Photoshop, I can a little bit better on paint...it's hard to use paint anyways, it's just hard to go down in a straight line.

1 person likes this.
  9. cure of saytan

cure of saytan New Member

Its Ok But There Are A Few Little Details Missing Over All About 7/10 Well At Least You Try I Cant Even Coulor Let Alone Draw A Picture

1 person likes this.
  10. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Tch, I wouldn't listen to any of these guys. Her figure is fine and while the form is a little rough, it's far better than OK. Ok was the kind of art we did in Kindergarden. I really like the blending of the brown hues in the hair. The colors are a little to "Pastel" for me, but that's just a personal opinion, not really critisism.

Did you actually draw this in Photoshop or was it a sketch you scanned? The lines could be cleaned up, and her curves could be made a little more curvy and a little less flat.

I like it, good work!

~W

1 person likes this.
  11. Ashika

:p Thank you so much everyone! I admit I need to clear up the lines, i always love the sketch the best but i just got photoshop and was to curious!
    :D , somedat ill post one of my actually drawings that have a point, which are OK , like they need some work, and arn't unique but ill get there! thanks again everyone!

12. Seishin

Seishin Guest

THANK YOU!
    The coloring in the hair is also a bit odd, but I'm guessing that's the program at work. You should try some darker colors in the clothing too, but like Wertitis said, it's just my personal opinion.
    It looks like it's computer made, for the most part to me at least.

Nevertheless, I want to congratulate you on a job well done. Excellent drawing!

-Seishin

13. Ashika

heh, thanks sheishin. Nice pic by the way! makes ya think! no it was a sketch at first and the hair was and accident, but i like hte way it came out. Layers are kinda tricky, i tried to add shadow and failed dramatically. As I said before this really isnt in my usuall style of drawing, and it much better than my usual to lol! heh heh
    Here is the original sketch of the original in case anyone cares:
    CLICK HERE! YAY!

14. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Ahhh. That kind of shows how Photoshop (or the program that you used to color it and such) kinda messed up with the lines. They look excellent in the sketch, whereas the colored one looks kinda squibly. Excellent job on this one!

-Seishin

15. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

My opinion it doesn't look bad. The coloring for the clothes are not the best. I am rather picky though. The hair coloring looks interesting. I like the way you did the tones for it. Maybe a copper meld or something like that? Considering that you posted the original it seams to be cleaned up rather well.

16. seraphinx

seraphinx Oy, Artista!

I don't think it needs more detail (not counting shading)), but rather, just fine tuning of the elements you do have. It appears that you had the anti-aliasing feature turned off for the pen tool when you retraced the drawing in PhotoShop... and that would account for the uneven jaggedness of the lines. See if you can turn on the anti-aliasing for your next drawing. You could also try using colored lineart, and as long as it's on a separate layer, you can always go to it and change the color, or turn it to black.

If you need help on shading (shading is fun!), just experiment. Some people like to use the Burn tool, others just airbrush with a darker color, and others use the selection tools and simple adjust the lightness of a section at a time.

1 person likes this.
  17. furryb

furryb Blind guy drawing...

Cool sketch. I always had a weakness for women in profile. To add to what seraphinx said, you can also use extra layers for your shading at different opacities to play around with the intensity of lighting of your pic.

1 person likes this.
  18. Soitsu

Soitsu Flame Alchemist!

Yeah the sketch looks good,(the one with no color), but you need to make the lines a lot darker if you ask me(for the 100th time), or just use pen!

19. Ashika

Thanks you guys! I just have to fingure out how to find the air brush tool, heh heh. I have and intuos 3 and photoshop elements 3 right now. And im having a wicked hard time with coloring, it bugs the heck out of me! And thank you again for the coments! :D

20. Soitsu

Soitsu Flame Alchemist!

By the ways if you do a sketch make an extra copy...scan the original(of course it has to be perfect), and make do with the copied version...