Cosplay and Conventions My Fan Expo 2008 Story (With Cosplay Pics)

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by BakaMattSu, Aug 24, 2008.

1. seiji

seiji Member

Please continue more! BakaMattSu!;)

2. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

As you wish, Chair-Yoda-San. ;)

52) The Yaoi Paddle? I'm not gonna try and understand...but if someone else wants to take a stab, go for it.

[​IMG]

53) This was one of those pics I rushed to snap, as they were actually posing for someone else. More of the 501st here, including Jango Fett. I missed out on some of the nearby World of Warcraft booth babe posing, however. What exactly a bunch of shapely girls in tight clothing has to do with Azeroth is beyond my comprehension, but yeah...

[​IMG]

54) "Alucard, Alucard! Would you mind if I took a quick pic?" He gives assent, turns around and blasts me! Okay, well, he poses for a blast. Lucky for me, he wasn't really Alucard and just a cosplayer.

[​IMG]

55) There were a lot of group cosplayers and a bunch more couples. Here I found a family cosplay, and a pretty effective looking bunch at that. Of course, they were just about to head out somewhere and I did my usual thing of poking a camera in their face, interrupting their lives so I could secure a photo I could later post around to show. I'm just glad cosplayers don't require that you identify them before giving photo permission, because I would have maybe left with only about a dozen shots - Do these fall under the Pocket Monsters, Monster Rancher, or Digimon umbrella?

[​IMG]

56) The Winners of my unofficial no-prize Gosh-That's-Creative Cosplay Award. An entire game of Pac-Man spread across five peeps. This shot would have been way better if I had caught them in the lobby, but the corner of a comics stall had to do.

[​IMG]

57) Tifa, Final Fantasy VII. It might just be me, but that hair looks itchy.

[​IMG]

58) A cute Yuna, Final Fantasy X. A bunch of Yunas everywhere, like many many of the FF cosplayers, but I think I liked this one best.

[​IMG]

59) An imperial pilot with ONE FREAKIN' HUGE GUN. And yes, he was lugging that thing around with him.

[​IMG]

60) I apologize for the terrible composition on this one - Out of the hundred or so photos I took, this was the only one with whacked lighting, and I have absolutely no idea why - it was taken under the exact same conditions as every other one.

I'd like to claim I know my super-heroes, but I occasionally get stumped. The guy on the right is definitely the Green Arrow. But who's on the left, Toilet Man?

[​IMG]

Still to Come: Inuyasha, Superman, Megaman, Sailor Moon, Additional 501st, and More! Stay Tuned.

3. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

55) Looks like Pokemon, but I am no expert (thankfully?)

53) There's some at every convention

52) By definition, this isn't Yaoi, unless they're just friends, and even still half of the equation doesn't add up. And still... My head... ow...

57) Wait, is that even a chick under there? o_O

60) Dr. Light, a DC hero along with Green Arrow. No, I didn't just know, I had to look it up. Obscure villain, for sure.

~W