Computers My Ghz got lower

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Project191, Mar 4, 2006.

1. Project191

Project191 Black Wind

I bought a new gfx card (Geforce 6600gt) long time ago, i saw my ghz is 1.15 and it was 1.80from before, and i had a proplem with the power supply, that there was a wire that i should connect from my gfx card to the power cables in my computer something like that, because nvidia gave me an error about power indicator. so i thought it has to do with power supply...so i connected the power wire thing from my gfx card to the power supply and then nvidia stoped giving me the report.

(Power indicator)

Proplem report:
    the NVIDIA system Sentinel is reporting that the Nvidia-powered graphics card is not receving sufficent power.

*To protect your hardware from potential damage or causing a potential system lockup, the graphics processor has

lowered its performance to a level that allows continued safe operations.*

later then i saw my ghz still 1.15..i got little nervous about wat is happening wondering wats the proplem, is it still from the power supply or motherboard / cpu got dmged ..etc

btw my processor is AMD Athlon 2600+

2. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Checked in bios on your overall ghz speed? If Bios says that your ghz speed is 1.15, than it's confirmed and not a bug in the program.

I don't really think that hardware could corrupt your ghz speed, it's either the cpu that is br0ked, or something else.

Good luck.

- Teddz

3. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

well... even though we talked about this....

his Ghz got lower because the guy who installed the card reset the bios and the comp defaulted to 100mhz on the fsb and he didn't set it up to 166Mhz (and I even think it's lower the multiplier... but it's working fine @ 1.92Ghz now ;))

and the video card... someone forgot to plug the power connector :p!!!!!!!

4. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

lmao. Well, problem solved.

- Teddz