My posts being deleted :(

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by wing_goddess, Aug 23, 2004.

1. wing_goddess

wing_goddess Power User

I've noticed a couple of days ago that i've had at least two of my posts deleted without a reason *that i can think of*. I know for a fact they were not spam posts, out of subject, or any other reason why a post should be deleted. The first time i noticed that a post of mine was deleted was in this thread:

http://www.mangatoanime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13789

no, i don't have a copy of the post i typed and i know it was from months ago but i can remember i typed something in relation to the topic and i also commented saying that this thread should be closed for nothing good seemed to be coming out of it. Next time i checked the thread, my post was gone and it was in the wastebasket. NEXT time after that, BakaMattsu made his post right where my post *use* to be.

here:

http://www.mangatoanime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14394

I KNOW i made a post here which i believe i was giving links to the sig rules and or faq too for the person clearly had some sig troubles... and that got deleted as well o_o'

there was a third time where i also gave a link to the faq to another newbie, but i suppose i can understand why my post got deleted for that.

These are the ones i can remember the most and have at least some link or memory to back me up :p

This isn't something i care about too much, but i'm just curious as to why my posts were deleted and no one informing me as to why. I know my posts were posted *for the little time* because after you type up a reply, and click 'submit reply', you're taken back to the thread's page with your post in it. am i right? :p

2. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

If you indeed had posted in the choose the better sig 2, the post would be intact since it's been sent to the Wastebasket, thus only BakaMattSu, Cloud and Zanza can do something about them.

The first thread is in Feedback, which is also moderated by Cloud and BakaMattSu.

Everybody gets posts deleted every once in a while, I really don't see the point in making a thread to know why, however. Next time, if it's such a big deal, send a private message to the moderators of the specific forum.

3. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

What is it that you are trying to incite here? I see these questions as some form of attack on the moderating job. If you wish, we can inform the administration to start an investigation on the 2 missing posts affair.

4. wing_goddess

wing_goddess Power User

I did not know that deleted posts happened to a lot of people. I assumed that they got deleted only for a bad reason, or it was out of topic/useless. As i said before, no, this is not a big deal to me. I was curious as to why my posts got deleted, but knowing posts getting deleted often happens to a lot of people, i'm not looking for a specific reason as to why a certain post was deleted.

Moderators take their free time and volunteer here to help Boards.jp stay a good place. They do not get paid for this and so do this out of kindness. I DO NOT INTEND TO DISCRIMINATE THE MODERATING JOB HERE! I'm sorry, but i really don't need another mod hating me -_-'

I stand for what i said in my post that i believe to have made those posts. Thank you for the offer though but obviously it isn't necessary.

5. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

Sorry to tell you this, but you posting in the sig part 2 thread was impossible. I sent it to the wastebasket myself right away after reading it without even touching the posts or content. As mentioned earlier, when in the Wastebasket, it can't be altered by very many people.

Post deleting happens frequently, but only to those who post "bad" posts; I'm not saying that you do, of course.