Art my site, and script

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MamiyaOtaru, May 27, 2001.

1. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

Ok, as promised (threatened?) in another thread, I'm asking for opinions on my site.

Before you look, I cannot do web pages; what I am really asking about is the javascript on the site. the page is ugly, just let it load, and click on some of the pictures and let me know what you think about what happens.

http://mamiyaotaru.mangatoanime.com (mamiyaotaru.com has nasty ad banners [​IMG] )

anyway, it works in netscape 4, 6; windows and linux, and ie 5. Opera is a no go, thanks to the limitations of MDI. (I use Opera too, but sorry)
    ------------------
    any feedback would be happy
    btw, it's anime related, all the pics are from Ranma

2. MamiyaOtaru

well, quick follow up. netscape 4.04 doesn't like it. netscape 4.7 does, I am pretty sure.

So, lemme know if your browser pukes, and which version it is. appreciation all around, assuming actual attempts at viewing (note to self, consult thesaurus for synonym of 'viewing' beginning with 'a')
    --------------------
    occasional assonance never hurt anyone

3. Heero Yui

Heero Yui New Member

Not bad Otaru
    I think the layout on the main page is better than mine , i need one of them sidebar things , but im usin Front page so im still finding out how to use it , did u make that with the Geocities thing or a web design program ??
    One thing i reccomend man take pictues out of the wallpaper if theyre tiled , i think they look crap but hey it might just be me who thinks that , and on the link to that pictures page u have that pic with some guy with a woman on his back posted there about 7 times [​IMG] , but not a bad page , needs work like mine [​IMG]

4. UrashimaKeitaro

UrashimaKeitaro Sesquipedalian Mod

The 'Pic viewer script of Hugeness!' makes its debut! Honestly people you should have seen how many pains MO took to make this script perfect, and now? It's portable, fairly swift, reliable, and this versions got some cool Ranma pics with it. Check it out!

-JavaLamp
    ---------------
    I haven't been bought, I can never be bought, the light-emitting cocoa bean was never meant for commercial use!

5. MamiyaOtaru

Holy cow.. you found the rest of it.. I was only asking about the page with the script.. but well, I left a link to the rest. I did it with frontpage express, and notepad, cause express doesnt do frames. BTW, frames are evil.

And having that pic of ranma like 8 times, well It looked better than blankness. Just a space filler.

So, Heero, I have to ask. Did you click on the pics? All I'm really asking about is the script that shows the full size pic when you click the thumbnails. Did it even work for you? Thanks
    -------------------
    no sig today, thanks

6. Heero Yui

Heero Yui New Member

hehe
    sorry man , dident clik da pic
    thats an idea now , i better reduce all my gundams to thumbnail , how exactly do u go about doing that ???

7. MamiyaOtaru

Didn't think of it.. well now I have to ask: have you since?

And I added some text telling people to, so now its more obvious.

well, microsoft paint has the option of stretching(shrinking) pictures. do that and save it with a new name, and voila, a thumbnail
    ------------------
    there's prolly easier ways

8. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

yo, like i said in the icq messgae to you otaru, i clicked the pics(finally) and that was cool..i cliked the rest and the ones of spike and myself and myrth..(eh heh...yeah, that's me on the right...bad pic..)
    i must repeat, that was cool..*^-^* i hope you add to it...*^-^* more pics to click..yes..hehe more cool resizing without thought..<drool...> i should do something like that for my gallery when i put it up...

------------------
    ----
    "Deciple 'Gamer'"
    http://www.geocities.com/bloodberry19

9. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

errr...wait a sec...you updated? wow...looks better...much since that pic no longer up there..*^-^* hehe must keep my identity a secret..hehehe. tho, the music takes quite a while to load, i blame it on the 56k i am forced to use(cough). other than that, keep it comin!

------------------
    ----
    "Deciple 'Gamer'"
    http://www.geocities.com/bloodberry19

10. MamiyaOtaru

Thanks for the kind words!
    please forgive me for being insistent/annoying/impatient.
    That last bit is not for everyone, so ignore it.
    BB- did any of the music ever actually load? I'd never have the patience to try it with a modem. Kudos. And not all of those tracks will fit on geocrappies. I made the site first on my HD, with plenty of room and bandwidth, then real life kicked in.

There are more pics to click, in the other galleries. (all smaller with older versions of the script that only work with IE)

"without thought" -the less thought the better [​IMG]
    ----------------
    guru of sorts

11. Heero Yui

Heero Yui New Member

Yeh
    Thats cool that click da pic ??
    How did u do it man ??
    Big line of script or just somthing simple ??
    I can reduce the size of my gundams as much as i want but their resolution dosent go down
    , and then if i change them all to jpg and put the res down to 30 i have to change em all *snore*. Opps forgot to put in who constructed the gundams in endless waltz , so who did ??

12. MamiyaOtaru

I did it with many, really big, lines of script. But now that I did it all already, it is really simple to use. Making it was a pain in the butt though.

I can't think of a simple way to make thumbnails of all your pics. I did all of mine one by one.

I quickly made a thumbnail of deathscythe.gif by loading it up in Paint, clicking Image menu, stretch skew, setting horizontal and vertical to 40 (percent) clicking ok, then saving it as a new .gif. It's now 104*104 instead of 260*260, and the size went from 18 to 5k. pretty quick, but has to be done to all of them.. blah
    ----------------
    there must be a program that does it for you. lemme know if someone finds it

13. MamiyaOtaru

hey KIAIKOU!!

I just made the script compatible with Opera.. assuming you have version 5.11, and only for windows. but heck, its a start. it will doubtless work with all future versions of windows opera, so hurrah!!

NEVER MIND.. SEEMS TO BE SOME BUGS when it is online instead of my HD
    ---------------
    proprietary software can kiss me somewhere

[This message has been edited by MamiyaOtaru (edited June 01, 2001).]

14. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

LA la la viscimo!
    I'll have to download opera to see if my site is compatible with that browser. But you're site is cool, It's getting kind of tedious with mine, especially with image galleries since I have to make like 100 different pages so when people click on the image a larger one appears...I have like 15 megs to work with too, so that could be troublesome...

15. MamiyaOtaru

16. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

those links don't work...@_@x...
    just kiddin',
    I think I understand, thanks.

17. MamiyaOtaru

Sorry for the bump all.. as soon as we have an OT forum, (Do we already?) this will go there
    anyway: The script now works with Macintosh PPC Netscape 4.7. hurrah. Sure is buggy though. For having pioneered windows, it sure is a dumpy interface.
    -------------
    any Mac lovers in here?