Creative Writing my writing.

Discussion in 'Written Arts' started by Peachy, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

i'm not so sure how many of my poems i posted around my 15ish-16ish years. Looking back i'm seeing a lot. It amazes me how people's writing and such can change so much within a time period. A lot of my poems were directed at my dad because of his death that was recent back then, now i rarely write such. Never about my mother or any of that junk. Rarely about how depressing life is or the normal stereotypical read. It's all apart of growing up but i see more than just a age difference. I see more mystery and positivity in my writing than in 2006. Ahaha. 2006 was such a riot on BJP for my writing.

It may be maturing but who knows. I just know i am progressing more and more with my writing.

The purpose of my thread was to call you out, Basher, Chance, whoever. I know a few that write and have at least posted one poem once. :) Enlighten me. I'd like to hear some of the reasons behind some of your stories or poems and how they have changed along with your writing over the years. I see many writers on here that have much talent.

I understand if you deem this thread pointless and delete but if not, come on fellow authors. Let's have a party and chat about just our creations.

2. Chane

Chane Audience of One

Firstly, I stopped writing poetry completely. I feel poetry should, for the most part, deal with facts or life experiences. Even such poems as Dante's Inferno dealt with the author's life in a respect. I feel that my life experiences, however, are nothing to write about. Most real poets have written about amazing hardships such as Jim Carroll, or about watching the degeneration of their own life or the world around them such as Allen Ginsberg. The young have experienced life through forced entry and the old have experienced it through wisdom. I have neither.

As for other writing, my stories used to revolve mostly around mass amounts of violence and profanity - thanks to over-exposure to some anime and Quentin Tarantino/George A. Romero. At that time, I was unable to see the underlying messages or wit of these. I get it now, though I still don't feel I'm capable of writing it. I can find a direct plot, a focus of what characters are there for, what purpose they serve, and what goal is ultimately set before them... yet I cannot place, within it, morals and allusions to actual events that we can learn from. Part of the problem is I've seen so many and heard about so many that when I do, they feel so obvious, and so overplayed because, really, what hasn't been done?

3. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

My work hasn't been done.

I see your point Matt.

To answer peachy as far as my poetry goes it could be anything.

Losing Hope- Um I thought that ones you lose everything you hope for more.

For my Son- as it says

Forgiveness- had an argument with a friend

Current Affairs- wanted to do one like that song...

All the men- cause I wanted to make a shape...

Stranger- my pa

Say Goodbye- heard a Madonna song

Until you’re gone- No clue....

Short stories next

The Great War of Mirth- Wanted to do a medieval/fantasy plot. So I came up with the Rainbow Princess

Death Bed- had an idea for the whole “I am angry for I had yet to live.” part with a sick once pretty lady

Final Farewell- I thought someone blowing up in front of the one they love a big surprise

Cold- It's stupid

Mystery Meat- thought about lunch at school...maybe I watched a Buffy episode

The way I see the World- I was talking to my pa and I said the line "They way I see the world I wish I was blind"

Together Forever- um a story I thought of.

Good-bye- a story from a worker

poem/short story- Final Moment- this was first a poem then I thought a short story would be cool. Or was it the other way around...I forgot. It was about a dream I had.

So what did you want to talk about?

4. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

I disagree. Even if it is as small as stubbing your toe, i bet many others could relate and would enjoy reading it. Not all poems revolve around hardships. Hell you could even write something about that loser ex of your's and let it be a poem about learning a lesson.

"Death Bed- had an idea for the whole “I am angry for I had yet to live.” part with a sick once pretty lady"

That sounds interesting Basher. Have you ever posted it? My memory is horrid. Well basically what i wanted to talk about is just our work in general. Possibly you could tell me the issues you all have had with writer's block, maybe some interesting things about our works.

5. Chane

Chane Audience of One

Just because people can relate doesn't mean they'll want to read about it. I don't always want to read about things I can relate to for the most part. Besides, I feel that I have learned nothing from the experienced with my ex nor does the experience matter. The most insignificant cog in the clockworks of the world.

6. Basher

http://www.boards.jp/forums/showthread.php?p=235033#post235033

That is the link for that Story.

As far as writer's block goes I am horrible. If its a poem it takes me a bit to find the right words. Its easy using poetry.com rhyme thing. If I choose to.

Stories are another matter. I don't really have writers block. I usually figure them out to a certain point but I am far to lazy to write it. If I actually sat down I can write quite a bit. But atlas I don't. Then I get into thinking like BIG.

Like when Vantage Point (movie) was probably being made I was thinking about showing others the views of my stories. 1 has 9 and the other 4. Maybe to early for it? who knows...

Another problem is when I don't feel like writing I come up with ANOTHER idea. So far I have 30 plus Topping Santa so 31. And now I have an idea jingly in my head for a pirate one....

I have is I write slow. 5 pages take over an hour maybe two.

What about peachy? Or talk from here?

Matt- you need to get it out of your system. Only then you can feel better. Saying it doesn't matter avoids it.

7. Chane

Chane Audience of One

There's really nothing left to say or do about it that hasn't already been said or done about it a hundred times before. Sheesh, what are you people, my therapists? :p

8. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

my writer's block gets sick at times. Very often with my poetry, mainly it's like i know what to write but i can never make it flow because the emotions behind the writing are mixed up. Then when i actually write it, it's like..

i wanna break down the doors to the pumpkin man's house,
    holy **** the world makes me angry
    but darnit. i wonder if angels are real.

haha. Best way of putting it. The stories behind my poetry, stories are rather obvious. The only story i ever put effort into was the one i posted recently. I ended up editing it and fixing the grammar. It really came to me as an idea, it had many points that had truly never been obvious to me as a child but i made it as realistic as possible. I attempt to be realistic yet metaphorical.

Do you approve of fantasy works? If so, have you written any? I will read that thread. i've read into the first bit and i already see beauty. I really do admire your talent Basher. That's a reason it's cool i can interrogate you like chris crocker after britney spears.

You can call us that if you'd like. Me, i just love to read any type of writing. It shows me more about a person than words. Basher is right, if you always shrug you'll never know just how bad they bother you. You should write a poem sometime and share it with us.

i get inspired by a lot of music. Not by lyrics most of the time either, just sort of like the electronic sound of Orgy makes me grow ideas out of nowhere and set an atmosphere.

9. Chane

Chane Audience of One

I don't write poetry any more, as I said. I have some old poems, from about four or five years ago, but I don't intend to post that.

10. Basher

If I was I would be like making 300 an hour. Just letting you know that i am there for you.

I see. I think I used to have a problem like this ages ago. I started with one emotion then added in the other one or two. Now I have a theme usually. I do have a scribble of a poem somewhere for a friend I should dig it out.

Fantasy work? Heck yes. I personally like it a lot. Wither its the medieval with magic or vamps/werewolves or anything.

I write a lot of fantasy. Well none in that short thread. But books wise. 2 out of the 3 I am working on are actually Fantasy. The other one is psychological/Realistic Fiction maybe. I hate trying to decided what genre they are because I don't/won't follow the norm.

Grill me as much as you want. Think of me as a cheese sandwich waiting to be cooked.

I don't read war novels that's about it. Or romance novels. I will right romance but it turns to tragedy can't help it.

BTW I have seen you grow through out the years.

11. Chane

Chane Audience of One

We would all only be so lucky.

Anyway, I think I might actually have an idea to pursue for a story right now so hey... maybe I'll get some writing up after all.

12. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

I'm very bothered by my 15-16 year old posts. Egh! My poetry was good but overly-dramatic and depressing. I dislike it but I suppose it's just like Sylvia Plath and Edgar Allen Poe - some of the best came from a really depressing point in life. I think personally the only way I express emotion is through writing or as a younger teen that way and maybe that was why it was so depressing. I'm just not sure and that's why I am posting it. I mean have I just mutured into making my writing seem less negative or have I stopped feeling that way? Sometimes I wonder if it really seems like it seems me to me. However much the poem may express feeling..I mean some of the happiest people like me for instance, used to write some really REALLY depressing stuff.

JESUS I HAVE A 8 PAGE POEM NOTEBOOK TO COMPLETE AND I HAVE WRITER'S BLOCK FROM HELL >.<

13. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

Poetry is supposed to involve a reaction, good or bad. Maybe iit being depressing was you intending to share those sorts of feelings with others. It's not such a bad thing.

14. Basher

Sharing is scary.

15. Chane

Chane Audience of One

I'm siding with Karrie on this one.