Movies Napolean Dynomite...Friend or Foe?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Chance, Mar 6, 2005.

1. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

Ok, I personally loved the movie. I thought it to be hilarious because of how random and unneeded it truely was. With all of the things to show in theaters today, and all the special effects they have, Making a good film that's somewhat family oriented is always a plus...But I have never seen a funny film that cost more then 10 million to make....Never. Hell I think this film took maybe...a million, or less.....More then likely less.

So, my question....
    Do you like the film, or hate it?

I, for one, Have now seen it 14 times. You figure it out...^^

((hope this isn't a repeat))

2. Seishin

Seishin Guest

The movie was really funny. Mixed feelings on wether to laugh at this guy for being so stupid, or feel sorry for him for being so stupid. Really funny, anyone that likes funny should definetly see this movie!

By the way lucky, you typed the name of the movie wrong. It's not "Napolean Dynamite", it's "Napoleon Dynamite". Not trying to be mean to you, just letting you know of a possible type that you should fix, that's all.

-SakataKentaro

3. coldhearted

coldhearted Queen of Randomness

I thought this movie as one of the best comedies I have ever seen. I think the people at my school thought this to because they would always be quoting Napoleon. ( starts laughing ) Anyway. . . I have seen this movie more than 14 times and I bought the movie. So you can kind of figure what I think about this movie. . .

1 person likes this.
  4. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

Napoleon? Friend. Why foe? Except for the whole Liger thing, he's okay.

-KaiyonTormentor

5. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

The guy who played Napoleon lived on my floor my freshman year on college, with his twin brother Dan. Crazy guys. He had a suit a lot like the one in the movie :) I'll have to take some screencaps of our floor video.

Oh, loved the movie :D

1 person likes this.
  6. Chance

Yes, I spelled the title wrong...My apologizes. It was only like 12:30 when I made it, but hey, There's no rest for perfection, right?

7. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Don't worry about it, it happens to the most of us when you are posting late at night. It's a friendly error that anyone could have made.

Regarding my previous post, i forgot to answer the "Napoleon Dynamite:Friend or Foe?" thing. I would say friend, not that i'm as much as loser as him, it's just that i feel bad for him, and maybe if he had some friends, he wouldn't be so bad.

But serioulsy, a Liger?*laughs*Genious!

-SakataKentaro

8. Chance

I personally like the liger....It has a special magic bonus^^

9. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

Well, the first time that I saw it, I thought it was the stupidest movie that I had ever seen. But then my friend told me that once you realize that it doesn't have a plot and isnt supposed to, you'll enjoy it the second time around. So I watched it a second time and I thought it was still F-ed up but utterly Hilarious!! So . . .thats my story. :)

So I guess all in all, I really like it. Just took me a couple trys.

10. Yasuko

Yasuko I beg your pudding?

I guess he'd be a friend. I feel bad for the guy. More importantly, the whole movie was depressing to me. Wherever those people lived was a barren wasteland where everything was 20 years out of style. So yeah, you've gotta feel for Napoleon. It's not his fault hes a little wierd.

1 person likes this.
  11. Chance

God, those were the days when moon boots were in style^^

Good times...

12. seto/joey rlz!

seto/joey rlz! New Member

Napoleon Dynamite ROCKS! VOTE 4 PEDRO!

2 people like this.
  13. KaYasha

KaYasha I'm Boelak Yrubron

I thought the movie was 100% STUPID! Sorry, to people who do like it. I didn't find anything that great about it. Though I am not one for funny movies. Everyone at my school is going crazy about it. Like making shirts for track with his name on it. A group of girls who if that boy was at are school would probably make fun of him big time call them self the Napolean Babes.
    The first time I saw it I kept asking my self is it abotu over, is it about over.
    My parents knowing so much about me buy me the movie. :anger2:

In real life, if a boy like that was at are school, I probably wouldn't be friends with him, but I wouldn't make fun of him.( I would have probably thought he was mentally handicaped.) That is probably true with most people. There is someone like him at your school, that you have probably made fun of.

SO him being a friend or foe, I would say friend, although I would actually be his friend, but I would hate him or dislike him because he was wierd because were all wierd! in one way or an other

1 person likes this.
  14. Engel

Engel New Member

Okay. First time I saw it; I was like "w.t.f. what was the whole point of that movie." Then I watched it again, and again. And I grew a liking to it; even though it is random, and the fact that there is no real point/cause. It's all good. Napoleon was awesome. I love the hair. Ha ha.

1 person likes this.
  15. artemis836

artemis836 Vampire Slayer

It cracked me up.

There are so many comedies out there that are so freaking terrible it makes me ill but finally a GOOD one.

What made it good was they took a big risk with the film when you think about it. It could have easily flopped since the humor was so...unique.

And the whole bit with Rex-Kwan-Do almost made me cry.

"Tina you fat lard come get your dinner"

"Bow to your sensai!"

16. sweetasuka

sweetasuka Ahh Ice-Cream!

I would marry the movie if I could...well not really but I did like it a lot. In fact I just bought it the other day :D It made me laugh so much which is something I don't get to do that often :)

17. Chance

Haha! I have now seen it a total of 23 times....Rawr!

18. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

Yeah i've seen it qit asking gosh...... ha ha I love that movie. It's really
    funny,but Jacka** is funnier.

19. Chance

Jack@ss was a childish show, and I never plan on seeing the movie.

Btw, I'm up to 32 times for ND. If I see that movie one more time, my head will explode.

20. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

aha... i kinda fell asleep through the movie... was kinda boring... but my dad like it and made me watch it over and over again, but i kept falling asleep. -_-;;