NAru

Discussion in 'Akamatsu Ken Works' started by BitzKrieg, Aug 19, 2002.

1. BitzKrieg

BitzKrieg New Member

this is just something small

but its been bugging me since ep5. Naru and Keitaro need glasses to see in that episode yet from then onwards Naru only wears her glasses when working (must have same eye prob as me) but not anytime else...hence??? lazieness by writers or ploy to show naru does care about keitaro??? even then...

2. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

In the manga (and in the series I'm sure of as well) Naru explains that she needs the glasses only to work. And it is pretty funny that she doesn't need it to study her notes in the anime. But in prep school and all of that, she seems to have her glasses on in the manga.

3. BitzKrieg

BitzKrieg New Member

yeah but does no one else find it wierd that in 1 episode she's blind without em and in the next she's fine without them>?

4. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

I see your meaning. Well, also that first scene where they meet, she is unaware Keitaro is a guy until she puts her glasses on..

Considering that, and ep 5, it is weird that she studies without them. Does she wear contacts?

5. Sovin Ndore

Sovin Ndore New Member

Hm, I don't know about contacts. I do know that she is very sensative about her "coke bottle" glasses in both the manga and the anime (their "trip" after failing exams illustrates this beautifully). I think some of her inclination toward not wearing glasses later on in the series is because she hates them. It doesn't seem to stop her most of the time around Hinata Sou though. I cannot come up with any time other than when she is studying or when she is in her sweat suit in the anime where she wears her glasses, yet it is an important part of the aforementioned scene. My only explanation is that maybe the hot springs are steamy and obscure vision, but that doesn't explain the scene on the train to kyoto. This post probably brings up more questions than answers. :dizzy2:

6. MamiyaOtaru

brings up more questions: perhaps hehe still, I'm glad you posted.. it lets me know I'm not the only one confused by it all.

7. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Whenever an inconsistency like that crops up in anything and it isn't really vital to the plot, just a little weird flub, my friends and I just use the same stock excuse...

It's MAGIC! :D

8. MamiyaOtaru

hehe that explains it all right :D Can anyone think of any other magic moments in Love Hina?

9. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

There *is* Shinobu's magical hair growth formula. You don't really see it, but towards the last half of the manga, when she's maturing I guess, she suddenly grows a really long strand of hair that curls about near her neck. I guess it's not totally magic, but shows her growin' up...so bah.

10. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Well, let us examine the physics of Naru's punches and Keitaro's flight.

To actually get a person to lift up when you hit them, the force of your blow must be greater than the pull of gravity.

Now I have no accurate way of scaling Keitaros flight, since I don't know how far he went, how fast or how much he weighed.

However he went pretty high and it took a long time (relatively) before he began to head back to the ground.

Now, gravity pulls you down at a rate of 9.8 metres per second.

So even if it only took Keitaro 3 seconds to hit the ground after the inertia wore off, he's still slamming into the ground at 29.4 metres per second.

Yet the next time we see him, he's usually quite healthy!!!

Let us also remember that if you jumped off the 3rd floor of a building it would be possible to reach terminal velocity (when the human body goes SPLAT).

And we've all seen Keitaro fly up waaaaay higher than 3 stories.

Just for giggles, lets say it takes Keitaro roughly 5 seconds to hit the ground after he begins to drop.

9.8 x 5 = 49.

FOURTY NINE METRES PER SECOND. That's an incredible velocity.

Yet every time his wounds will be gone rather quickly.

:D

The other impressive factor is that Naru's LONE punch greatly exceeds the force of gravity. Not to mention he's also travelling 'horizontally' as well as vertically, meaning this is one hell of a punch. If Keitaro just flew straight up, given his "horizontal" distance covered and converted into vertical, he would theoretically liquefy upon hitting the ground.

11. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Well I think its safe to say I have way too much time on my hands.

12. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

Well, you may have too much time on your hands, but you're not using it correctly. If you had been, you'd have, from much reading of the manga, realised that Keitaro is in fact invincible. It took a building to fall on him for him to be actualy hurt badly. So there.

13. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

We can therefore conclude that Keitaro is roughly an even match for the T-800. They seem to have roughly the same endurance.

14. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

I have a possible explanation for that.

Keitaro shares genes with Hanagata Mitsurugi from SMJ... which makes him invincible... and Naru is a marionette! :p