Television NBC's "Heroes"

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by furryb, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

"Save the Cheerleader, Save the world."

My thoughts? Simple.

They need to save her from the proverbial 'dark' side. Think about it. She just commited murder and as we all know, most superhero's do not condone such things. They take the bad guys to jail, convert them to good, etc. But she did the taboo thing that usually changes a hero from being a 'hero' to being a villian.

So, she either needs to be confronted for what she did - OR she needs to be shown by another that what she did was not infact the right thing.

2. furryb

furryb Blind guy drawing...

Actually according to the web comic tie-in the jerk was still alive after the crash and she saves him from the car exploding. Kind of annoying to see that though since she crashed into a brick wall at about 80 mph at the least.

3. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

It is better for her though considering she would be a killer then.

I find it funny how she wants life normal then she goes and makes a car hit a wall at 80 mph or so.

My money is on her running away now.

4. furryb

I would have liked to see her kill the guy. Depending on the way she'd react, it could have created a good complex story arc for episodes to come. Would she feel guilty? Would she try to hide the evidence? Would she try to finish him off if he wasn't completely dead? Good girl cheerleader turning into little miss punisher... :eek:

Instead, from what I saw in the comic, he's injured but fully conscious in the end. I hope they didn't buckle to pressure from overly sensitive viewers and parents dumb enough to let little kids watch the show. "Oh no dear! She didn't just murder the guy in a fit of rage! Now go to bed and never watch this show again!" Oh well. At least he could stay on as an annoying minor villain or something now. :p

5. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

Henchmen villians are such drags.. But to be a minor villian with no substantial baring on the outcome of things overall.. That's so annoying. >.<

6. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I considered her acting out as a vigilante and making the quarterback pay for his rapist crimes? Anyways, she's such an unlucky person, how many times has she died accidentally? when most of us don't die til later on in life and only once.

I love Hiro! YATTA!

Hmm I've only seen 4 episodes, do you think Hiro went into the past to learn martial arts and fluent english or something?
    He's so cute when he looks constipated! :p

7. furryb

I wonder what the limits to her power are though. Can she die of starvation, disease or old age? If you cut out a chunk of her, will it grow back? Will that chunk turn into a second her? Yeesh, now I'm thinking like a mad scientist...

As a general rule, I'd say all heroes have a lot of bad luck in terms of social life. They could escape death by inches and save the world by seconds but they can't guarantee the safety of those they care most about.

I wonder how much older the future Hiro is supposed to be. Five years? Ten years? He seems to have a rediculous amount of control over his powers at that point. Can't wait until tonight.

8. Basher

Peter power is the best. :D

It wasn't something I thought of. But so obvious now.

I didn't get to see a preview for 6 but hopefully the preview will be out soon.

I do like the Comic it is pretty tight.

What exactly is D.L's powers? I got two things thus far.

9. Chane

Chane Audience of One

Peter is easily my favorite character right now. I habitually check up on things on Wikipedia's article for Heroes and on that site, they list D.L.'s only powers as being phasing (think Shadowcat/Kitty Pryde from X-Men), which was shown in the preview for next week's episode.

10. furryb

I still like Hiro best myself. Peter's development has become a lot more interesting though. Maybe he'll become team leader instead of Mohinder. The most recent demonstration of Nathan's powers was pretty sweet though. I did not see that coming. :sweat2:

edit: Now that I think about it, it would be cool if Niki's power isn't multiple personality so much as someone else's mind/soul is inhabiting her body. Maybe one of her husband's crew.

11. Basher

Anyone else read the online comics? Pretty neat that they do that.

So DL phases out memories to then. Understanding a little bit better now. So I take it that he can't effect Peter.

I have a question what do everyone think about the cheerleaders dad?

12. Chane

Chane Audience of One

What do you mean phasing out memories? I dunno. Maybe I'm just too tired right now.

I think her father is definitely not someone to be trusted, by far. Too much of a strange aura about him, especially his link to that other "super-human", the dark-skinned fellow, that has been helping him with everything. Wouldn't trust either of them further than I can throw them.

I just want to see more of Peter. >.> And Isaac, I suppose.

13. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Just because they are both black doesn't mean they are the same guy,(of course all we saw was D.L. in the dark the previous episode) and I don't even believe Claire's father's 'friend' who can neulify others' powers to a certain point and take away memories is Sillah. Or the police dude would have had his head cut open a long time ago. D.L. is like Shadowcat.

I think Heroes is setting Claire's dad up to be more evil than he really is.. but I'm not sure. It was a little surprising to see the chick that's with Mohinder a spy, but I should have seen that coming. I believe Sillah is working independently from them.

Now, what is Sillah? some guy who read all of that Professor's theories, then goes out sucking people's powers? because he has tons..

pardon for any spelling mistakes or poor memory of names.

and HIRO IS SO CUTE! HAHAHA

I also should have realised about Nikki.. because her power is superhuman strength, but her character is so timid and weak, it makes sense how she developed another personality which has nothing to do with her power, but in a way does. I'd like to know if Micah has any ability unless it's 'brains'.

14. Chane

Chane Audience of One

Well it was confirmed a while back that Micah does, indeed, have super powers (it was said in an interview or on the site, I forget which), they just haven't manifested yet (a fancy way of saying, I think, that they haven't thought of what he has yet :p)... but some day...

15. furryb

Personally, I think that Nikki was reprogrammed to have a second personality and it has nothing to do with her super power. Maybe by the Horn Rimmed glasses team. It would explain where the glasses came from. The good Nikki could work/hide as a completely innocent bystander while the bad one is the cutthroat agent with no inhibitions.

Micah's brain's ain't anything to sneeze at. You give him that code Suresh was working on and he probably could crack it in an hour.

16. Basher

So far as the heroes go then.

Sylar power Unknown
    Claire power Healing factor
    Isaac power Heroin-induced precognition
    Hiro power Bends the space-time continuum. Time manipulation, Time travel, Teleportation
    Matt power Telepathy
    Nathan power flight
    Peter power is power mimicry
    Micah power unknown but confirmed a power
    Niki power Superhuman strength; Split personality
    D.L. power Phasing

After reading Wikipedia I found out that Haitian is what they are calling the man with Mr. Bennet. A stab guess about power is memory changing. Mind control in a way.

I pretty much knew that Eden was a plant. It was too convenient how she showed up, how she was helping Mohinder, and how they were connecting. It just screamed plant.

I am with Ciel. Thus far Mr. Bennet hasn’t done too many things bad. He didn’t kill Matt when he had the chance. He hasn’t done anything to Claire though he knows who she is. Maybe he is working to stop Sylar. But why would he go after Nathan? Nathan has yet to have connection with Sylar at least that we know of. So maybe they are after Sylar and Nathan has had contact with Sylar.

I am kind of wondering why the symbol for RNA keeps on showing up. RNA is thought to be in the earlier forms of life.

It was the tattoo on Niki alternate personality called Jessica.
    It was on one of Claire’s books.
    It was in the swimming pool with the double homicide Matt was involved in. The one where Sylar is the killer.
    It was on a post-it on the map in Mohinder’s apartment.
    From what I read it had a connection with everyone.

As far as Sylar goes he is crazy. We know he is “Patient Zero.” He blames Chandra for abandoning him in a way. Sucking people’s power… I don’t know.

17. furryb

Yeah. My friends were making bets on whether she was a plant or a bystander. I lost ten bucks... :sweat: I wonder if everyone working with Horn rimmed glasses has a power. The short haired girl seems to have an uncanny ability to manipulate people. Do you think she's gonna seduce Isaac's lonely butt while Suresh is away? Look at me. I sound like I'm watching a soap opera. :rolleyes:

18. Alchemy_Dude

Alchemy_Dude is addicted to bad ideas.

It's also in Mohinder's dad's code. Look closely. That whole symbol thing reminds me of Threshhold, another show Sci-Fi gets from another network (don't know what network, though).

19. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

The symbol is also worn around that Memory-suckers neck in pendant form. unless I just made that up.. haha can't wait for next episode! does anyone know how long this show is or how many episodes are planned?

20. Chane

Chane Audience of One

No, you didn't just make that up. I remember that, too.

Today's episode was pretty sweet. But then again I'm just happy I got to see Peter (he's definitely my favorite :p Although Isaac is cool, too). The previews for next episode look pretty exciting. Wonder what the truth behind Claire's father is and what will happen to Isaac. It's nice to see a couple new "Heroes" as well (including Micah, finally his power is semi-revealed).

Also, Wikipedia's site says that Heroes has been picked up for "a full season". So, I don't know. I'd wager about 25-30 episodes? I think that's what a "season" for a once-a-week show generally runs (Law & Order Seasons I think, at least SVU, were usually around 27 or 28 according to the DVDs I have).