Television NBC's "Heroes"

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by furryb, Oct 4, 2006.

1. furryb

furryb Blind guy drawing...

The fact that Micah told Nikki's evil half where they were annoyed the hell out of me. He better have a damn good reason for betraying his dad like that. I'd be really disappointed in Micah if he did that only to see his mother again at the expense of the dad.

2. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I'm not sure if Micah knows what 'Jessica' is capable of. but then again.. he should? I'd like to see this missing painting now!

3. furryb

I'm more interested in Matt and what he'll do when he confronts his wife. Maybe his power will upgrade and he'll be able to hit her with a mindblast. Hmm... I seem to wish the characters would do a lot of evil don't I? Guess I'd make a pretty nasty villain.:sweat2:

4. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

but then again, your power could be making food ferment... that could be pretty evil stuff there.

5. furryb

Hmm.. That's not a bad power actually. It would be difficult to trace back to the source at the very least. Not much for offensive use unless it affect living tissue. The only problem would be controlling it. So far most or the powers were limited in range.

Speaking of which, the heroes really do have to invest in some weapons. Only Matt and Nikki are packing right now and there's no telling when if ever Hiro would pick up that Katana.

6. Alchemy_Dude

Alchemy_Dude is addicted to bad ideas.

Holy crap, it's mini-Magneto!

7. Chane

Chane Audience of One

Hardly. He didn't show any signs of magnetism. If anything, I believe he has the ability to rework electronics. He wouldn't have been able to get that payphone working off of magnetism.

8. Alchemy_Dude

On the contrary. He could have used magnetism to move around or reshape the internal components (which are more often than not metal) to fix whatever was wrong with it.

9. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I'm thinking it's more than just magnetism.. he needs to know quite a fair bit about the internal workings of machinery. Only time and more episodes will tell!

10. Alchemy_Dude

Yeah, I know. 'Mini Magneto' just sounds cool. :D

11. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

So, while the parents are away, the chillun's will play.

12. Alchemy_Dude

I keep coming back to the fact that I've seen all these powers before! Nikki is like the Incredible Hulk, and that new guy Ted is like the Human Torch. It is pretty funny to think of Claire as Wolverine, though.

13. Chane

Chane Audience of One

Ted is a bit different. Ted's heat and burning is actually from radiation, while Johnny's was from just fire. And yeah, it would be difficult to really come up with completely new powers and everything although I would put Claire more on the line of.. hm.. maybe Mister Sinister? His healing seemed to be universal except to Cyclops' beams. Claire can still come back as long as something isn't in her brain (seen in the morgue scene. She is still able to heal when the thing is removed from her brain), but Wolverine isn't really supposed to be able to heal that heavily. This was changed in the movies and the newer comic series. Before it still took him a day or two to heal broken bones and such.

14. furryb

It's messed up that she could move even with severe spinal damage (i.e. having her head twisted 180 degrees.) I wonder if Claire could reattach limbs. Her dad's character has gotten so much more interesting with the past three episodes. What a crazy father/black ops organizer.

What does everyone think about the waitress Hiro meets? Is she destined to die no matter what or will continuity be shifted so that she lives? Tragic love is in the air... :anime:

15. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

ya tragic love.. looks like he went back in time and ended up dating possibly even marrying her, and then it still happens. I don't know, but I can just imagine him walking into the diner all upset and speaking in perfect english.

I hate Sillar so much!

16. Alchemy_Dude

It's definitely a reocurring thing that the past is unchangeable. However, this whole show is based around the idea that the "Heroes" will be able to save Claire, and ultimately the world. It would suck pretty hard if they ended the show with noone being able to save the world.

17. furryb

I agree with the learning perfect english part. Charlie the Waitress seems destined to be either Hiro's Mary J. or Gwen Stacy in that respect. The way the story is going, I'm thinking that if he saves her, it'll either mess with his mission or someone is going to have to take the fall for her.

It's not likely to be Hiro but I'm guessing Ando may take the fall. She's probably staying dead though. I don't see her ever being able to go into hiding once Sylar get's wind of her and I don't see her going on the extended road trip Hiro would likely try to convince her to go on.

18. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Do you think Shanti, Mohinder's sister, had powers? and I believe Bennett is going around grabbing people with latent powers and trying to make them more powerful for their fight against Sylar? I don't get the headaches though.

I'm rewatching the episodes. I find it so funny the way Mr. Bennett words things, you can take it the wrong way, which is what we were supposed to do. To Matt: "Everything you see, by tomorrow it won't matter." lol

I can't wait for the next episode! I keep watching the next ep trailer on NBC's Heroes site! I think Peter has a chance against him, but he needs to develop - control his powers, or the use of others' I mean.

19. Chane

Chane Audience of One

I believe she probably did, yes. It's probably what caused Chandra to start investigating the topic, is what my guess is.

20. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I'm still wondering how that computer algorithm works in finding people with powers. It didn't look like it was finished.. I guess Mr Sylar had his powers for a very long time if he is patient 0.