Television NBC's "Heroes"

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by furryb, Oct 4, 2006.

1. furryb

furryb Blind guy drawing...

I caught part of Heroes on Monday but I didn't get to see the beginning. Hiro that poor bastard. The way things are going, he's going to have himself a friggin' Gwen Stacy scenerio! And I really liked that waitress too. T_T

I'm guessing Sylar worked as a bloodhound for the older Suresh before he went murderously crazy. That would explain why Sylar had a more complete list at his home and how he's able to track others so easily.

It's interesting to note that Peter may have managed to duplicate Sylar's TK power to defend himself/hold his own against him. Sylar never looked like he was able to out power Peter, just out crazy him.

I keep on wondering if the horn rimmed glasses guy's organization is getting way in over their heads by capturing Sylar. I keep on thinking about the "Aliens" scenerio where some dumb organization keeps on trying to experiment on them only to have it blow up in thier faces.

Oh yeah. I also heard a rumor that George Takei from the original Star Trek is going to be introduced as Hiro's father in January.

2. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I started reading all the online comics on the website,gives some insight into some of the characters. I know that Chandra Suresh went to the States to find Sylar, Patient Zero, but other than that, not sure what happened after that other than Sylar was harassing him over the phone and killed him in his taxi cab.

I do think to Mr. Bennett is getting way over his head gettign Sylar too, they should just rip his brains out because there's no way they can hold him down.

I was surprised Jackie could still say 'run'. Anyways the future of Isaac's paintings never change, which brings us to the bombing in NY?

It was pretty dark and I wondered how Peter really mangled up the leg he didn't land on, and what kind of power lets Sylar not get badly hurt when falling but Peter doesn't absorb it. Anyways gettign arrested will hav ehim meet Matt the cop.

I wonder if they will be in an interrogation room and Peter will be hearing thoughts and look at Matt and say 'You can read minds?' and Matt will be like 'whoa?'

As well, Hiro will come back speaking perfect English, but with a broken heart.

3. Chane

Chane Audience of One

It's possible Sylar could've landed on Peter and it would've broken his fall and such. I recall seeing Sylar limp away so he was probably injured somewhat, but Peter probably took the brunt of the fall including Sylar's weight and maybe Sylar did something to him to add injury in the fall or something.

And yeah, the moment I heard of Peter getting arrested, I immediately thought of what kind of cool scene would take place between him and Matt.

<3 Peter.

4. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Peter and Matt aye... Definately could happen. The FBI agent will call Matt in to see exactly what is going on with the captured Sylar (what they believe is).

I like Eden's power.

5. Alchemy_Dude

Alchemy_Dude is addicted to bad ideas.

Grrr! Missed last night. Stupid homework...

[Off Topic] - Really getting into Studio 60, though.

6. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

It was a very insightful episode.

7. Basher

You missed so much. Should try to watch it.

Sylar power is getting a little more defined.

8. Chane

Chane Audience of One

Yeah, as well as his goal...

*is getting weird mental images*

9. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Yay! I win! but not the spelling bee..

I thought the whole segment on Nikki and Jessica and their father was very intriguing too. Answered a lot of questions there.

and did Gabriel even have a power? I think it was seeing if things were broken. I don't think being psychotic is a power..

10. Chane

Chane Audience of One

I was thinking maybe he and Peter were one in the same, as far as powers go. I mean, it's possible. Maybe Sylar gains another "Hero"'s power for good when he does.. something.. I don't know. Eats their brain or something. But for some reason there are some hints that are setting up Peter as the main "Hero" along with Hiro so I think it could be an interesting confrontation of they have the same power.

11. Basher

Hmmm...

I have this vibe that Matt (cop-ish) and Audrey may have a thing.

So Sylar "fixes" the heroes with special powers and ends up taking them.

He has Advanced memory retention, and Telekinesis. Plus maybe two unknown powers.

It looks like they will have to work together in order to take on Sylar.

I think that the organization that captured Sylar has a wolf on a chain.

12. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

He also has some feral power..(jumping up high) I think an ice power (that guy was frozen and head cut open at the house) some Colossus power (he was shot but got back up, I don't think it's regenerative that one, I think he perhaps made his skin thick) and he almost got stupid bimbo cheerleader power but then noticed before it was too late he had the wrong person! of course countless others..

13. furryb

furryb Blind guy drawing...

It's funny how friendly he looked until he started talking about himself. He was totally different from the mental image I had. You gotta feel sorry for the poor bastard who originally had the telekinesis. He comes in for help and he gets a pointy rock bashed against the back of his head. I still wonder if Sylar/Gabriel really does eat the brain though...

14. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

It would be cool if we could actually order Suresh's book off Amazon or something..

edit: did anyone else watch last night's Heroes? I know it's just a tv show but I'm pretty upset about what happened to a certain character...

15. Alchemy_Dude

Yeah, I know what you mean! I spent a week trying to figure out how the writers could have someone die without it being something new (like following Hiro back in time and the waitress dying again). Grr!

16. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

people I talk to don't think she's dead, I hope not, I don't really know how they will explain things here..

and yes, the Haitian can speak! he seems pretty cool.

17. Basher

Definately. It makes you wonder why Haitian is working for Claire's pa.

He probably knows about the prediction. Save the cheerleader, save the world.

I hope she isn't dead. Maybe someone came into the room and shoot him.

18. Alchemy_Dude

I think she is dead, but somehow she'll come back. I'm more preoccupied with the fact that Peter causes the explosion. I guess he's standing near Todd (the radiation guy), and loses control somehow.

19. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I had two ideas, and my husband had another:

1) Peter has dreams of being other people using their abilities, like in case of Nathan and flying. So he is dreaming of being radiation guy.

2) Nathan is near radiation guy and can't control this power.

My husband, Scott's idea:
    3) Peter has a huge power overload since he's surrounded by all these special abilitied people.

20. frommyvalentino

frommyvalentino New Member

Does anyone know where I can watch all of the episodes online? I have no access to a television, and I watched the 9th episode, and fell in love with it.
    (That's the episode where the crazy man comes and kills the wrong cheerleader, and then learns who he needs to kill but then the guy who can absorb other powers tries to kill him, but comes back because he absorbed the "healing" power...and then he's arrested for the murder because he has blood all over him.

GAH! So awesome!!^.^