Creative Writing Need Input!

Discussion in 'Written Arts' started by GentatsuNoZanshi cc61, Apr 29, 2002.

1. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

I'm about to begin writing a medieval sort of story based on an idea I had for a D&D campaign that never got off the ground, and I need a few opinions on what character archetypes I should include as the heroes. I plan to have a team of between four and six heroes.
    Here's a brief synopsis of the plot (so far, any way):
    -The story begins in Drakus, a small city-state protected from evil conquerors in the surrounding lands by a benevolent Dragon living in the nearby Toothjaw Mountains.
    -It is rumoured that the Dragon is sick and may die if it is not helped, so the ruler of Drakus needs someone to investigate, but since the Dragon's cave is dangerous, they must be willing to face danger.
    -The group of adventurers is assembled from the best of those who responded to the ruler's call.
    -The group sets out for the cave.
    -After trekking through the mountains and the Dragon's cave, they are told by the Dragon that he is in fact dying, and that only the legendary Orb of Dragonkind can save him.
    -The heroes set out to find the Orb, and find it is in the hands of a powerful wizard. They must raid his stronghold and return to Drakus with the Orb in one month, or the Dragon will die and the city will be invaded and the citizens enslaved.
    -Of course, the stronghold is heavily-guarded, so some kind of plan is needed to get in and out safely.

Expect to see much drama, action and comedy when the project is completed.

Please vote for any character types that apply.