New BJP- Bigger, stronger, not better...

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by wertitis, Nov 27, 2005.

1. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Has anyone else noticed that the format of BJP seems to have changed. The main page layout seems different than before and many of the buttons in the post/reply window dont work like they should. I've had to input the tags myself in order to get quotes or italics.

My biggest beef with the changes is that the blog tab on the main page only seems to post albums and not the most recent blog entries.

Another beef I have with the new layout is that it seems like they have more entries on the main page than before. Usually that's a good thing, but now there seems to be too many "recent posts". It's an information overload and it's easier to miss threads that you might actually have an interest in.

But it's not all bad news. The thread of the day is an awesome idea and I'm glad that was implemented. I also like the link to the Free Boards. That's a good idea as well to help draw some attention to that overlooked palace of ibberish.

Does anyone else see these things or is it just me? Let's get our voices together and give Cloud some meaningful feedback to help tweak the boards to the liking of the consensus!

~W

2. Hacker

Hacker ~Richie Rich~

yeah, i've been having a little fustrating moments recently with everything...but i didn't wanna say anything. so uh, please don't shoot^_^

3. Orion

Orion Gears

Actually, all of the buttons work fine for me now. At first they didn't, but now they work like a charm. I agree, the new main-page layout is nice. I do like the thread of the day idea as well.

Why? That's what this thread was created for. :p

4. Eternal-Blaze

Eternal-Blaze New Member

I noticed the "help desk" was taken away. And when I click on the "journal index" section, the new layout gets on my nerves. Also when I look at the journal entries from that area it's put in a fashion that I don't really like. I don't actually go to the main page for anything, so I don't know what's going on there.

5. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

I mentioned a few things to Cloud in PMs that I noticed, he said he fixed most of them. There's a few things to get used to, but it's not terribly awful as it is.

Wert, 25 new posts is nothing. Remember me talking about coming back to find 321? :p Took me all day to get through them all.

I always just click New Posts and have at it.

Buttons work for me, perhaps it's the URL you're using. I had errors when I used a different URL. Technically http://www.boards.jp/forums is the URL the "right" one.

On that subject, I notice that viewing friends.php doesn't work when on a URL other than www.boards.jp. Works fine on that one, but not on the others. On the other URLs it's simply a dead link.

Cloud didn't code the Journal or the Help Desk himself, however. They're add-ons that have been coded by others. While I don't doubt his ability to work with them, it's a lot easier when it's something you made yourself. (And when you have time to kill ;)) The Help Desk plugin has yet to be ported to vBulletin 3.5, and the Journal add-on has always been buggy in some areas.

Frankly I never liked the Help Desk very much anyway.

I also found the blog/album thing a bit bothersome, but I'm not a journal lurker, so :p

I think most of the errors are taken care of now, anyway.

6. Yossarian

Yossarian Yossarian Lives!

the only problem i'm having with the new layout is the blogs... and what is a podcaster?

i notice things like to pop up on boards and some people have no idea what it's for.

7. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Same here. I'd love to help podcast if I knew just what that was.

~W

8. Hacker

Hacker ~Richie Rich~

well i'd love to see podcast! i am forebidded to even see the thing so it must be special, cause i see everything..yeah, even dead peoples! So if i can't see it..it's gotta be off some kinda hook! lol.

i crack myself up. ....and by the looks of it, just myself:p oh lol.

9. Yossarian

10. Reisti Skalchaste

11. Yossarian

Thank you... sounds like fun.

12. Hacker

Hacker ~Richie Rich~

nice, i can see again. so in other words...it's something that does something to something so we can hear something. ....i get it.

13. Yossarian

I wish he would give us, a "users that never make sense" forum.

we could really put that to use.

i can still get to my journal if i go through my profile.

14. Hacker

Hacker ~Richie Rich~

oh man, why don't we have an awaRD for that..cause i could actually win!!

15. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Keep the feedback rolling in, positive and negative experiences! We can't fix what we don't know is broken.

I saw a few meek comments. There's no reason to fear expressing your opinion of things - that's what the Feedback forum is for. Just keep in mind that while we will do our best to address your concerns, it is not always 100% possible.

16. Eternal-Blaze

Eternal-Blaze New Member

It won't let me edit comments to journal entries for some reason.

17. Reisti Skalchaste

Indeed. Clicking the Edit button brings me to the edit screen as normal, but upon clicking "Submit," I'm taken to a blank page with the url http://www.boards.jp/forums/journal.php

Returning to the comment in question, no edits have been made. Something to mention to the creator?

Also, on the memberlist, the links say "Visit xs journal"

18. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Well, there are still some minor things to be fixed, but we all know that Cloud is somewhat busy with his works, so...stay patient :p

- Teddz

19. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

Does it give an error?

Give me a URL so I can see...

20. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

Is this still happening?

Fixed.

Fixed. Back to 15.

Glad to hear it - was getting worried :)