New BJP- Bigger, stronger, not better...

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by wertitis, Nov 27, 2005.

1. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

No error per se, it links and loads a page with no content. Not even a "this page cannot be found" error, but nothing at all. Blank white page.

Here ya go.

As near as I can tell, no. I tried it from every URL I know of, and it works in each, so if it is, it's probably a browser issue. Works fine in Firefox.

2. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

3. Reisti Skalchaste

4. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

I have almost nothing bad to say about the upgrade. In fact, I love the fact that you can edit your posts in a "Quick Reply" fashion without even having to go into "edit mode"...so you can edit your reply right on the thread!

I guess I'm just here to say to keep up the good work, Cloud!

I had run into that journal error problem...but it seems to have fixed itself an hour later. o_O

5. Jackabee

Jackabee Captain Jackabee Sparrow

At one point there this appeared under albums on boards.jp:
    Warning: MagpieRSS: Failed to fetch http://www.boards.jp/albums/rss.php (Request timed out after 5 seconds) in /var/www/bjp/magpierss/rss_fetch.inc on line 238

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/bjp/index.php on line 154

It got fixed soon after I noticed it though.... Just letting you know.

Edit: saw the message again... Does it have to do with my computer or is it something else?

6. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

Do you mean an entry or a comment - Eternal Blaze mentioned a comment and that's what I tested...

7. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

You the man, Cloud. Thanks for fixin' things up.

~W

8. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

It looks very nice. I have yet to come across a broken link but when I do I will let you know.

9. wertitis

Wait, I take it back. The blog list on the main page does not seem to want to update. It's still hanging out with Jackabee's latest entry.

^^;

~W

10. Jackabee

Oh you're right.... I've made a entry since then and it isn't on there....

11. Orion

Orion Gears

Everything seems to be working alright, except for the "Visit x's Journal" thing. That's getting a tad annoying. Oh well, we still know who's journal it is. :p

While we're on the topic of fixing things, may I request something that could maybe be added on along with the new quick reply and or the advanced reply? I suggest a "Spell Check" button, if that's okay.

I see that same problem.

12. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

The blog list updates with planet.boards.jp, hourly maybe?

13. Jackabee

It's been well over an hour... over four actually and it still hasn't updated...

Edit: it updated sometime this morning....maybe 7ish.... I have no clue.

14. wertitis

It's been a few hours. I'm seeing the same here as well. It's staying pretty static.

~W

15. Reisti Skalchaste

I've noticed it usually updates daily around 4 or 5 am, my time. (GMT -7) Daily updates aren't that bad, I wouldn't bother making them more frequent if it's stressful on the server.

Er, sorry, I did mean a comment, not an entry.

For reference, I tried to edit this comment: http://www.boards.jp/forums/journal.php?do=showcomments&j=8#c1628

The problem with a spell check button is that only people who would use it, don't need it, and the people who need it, don't use it. I know this from experience, I had one on my forum for awhile. Totally useless, it was. :p

16. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

/me changes it to every hour...

17. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Could ya change the location to something smaller? You know under peoples name. If you don't know where you at in under 10 words then you are in trouble. I glanced at someones supper long one and was annoyed. I know others settings like anime are not to long.

18. Reisti Skalchaste

Agreed, I don't see any reason to have it longer than one line (say, 19 characters?) Should provide enough space for most places while limiting it to just a short post bit. *obscures own location* <.<;;

I notice the Likes/Dislikes we used to have are gone now - I can't say I miss them a lot, I think most people just ignored them anyway. The other thing is the little list all the mods used to have? (tell me how you do that? ^^;; )

EDIT: Also, I noticed that there's no link in my profile to send me an email- I've allowed both administration and member email, so theoretically it should appear, however I find it curiously absent, whether I am logged in or no.

1 person likes this.
  19. Orion

Orion Gears

If this hasen't already been said, I find that when I click to insert a smiley in my posts, they end up somewhere way out away from where I want it. I know this may not be a HUGE problem, but it's still kind of annoying.

I find that if you just put the right symbols for the smiley it works okay. Just lettin' ya know.

20. Reisti Skalchaste

Shijin, what browser do you use? That used to be an issue for me, but it works fine now. I've got Firefox, 1.0.7, I believe.

Also I notice the link to our wiki articles are gone from the drop down menus in the postbit. Small and unimportant, but still useful, no?