New BJP- Bigger, stronger, not better...

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by wertitis, Nov 27, 2005.

1. Orion

Orion Gears

Yes I did. :p All me.

But seriously it was doing that yesterday too, in the middle of the day. I came home from school, went on BJP, and looked to see what the Thread of the Day was, and what did I find? That acursed little blue line. So it hasn't only been here for one day, it's been happening since a few days ago. Starnge, not that big of a deal, but still, some people (like me) would like it fixed.

2. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

So Cloud or BMS please fix:

1. Members mod lists- Hitohiro has FR
    Seishin has Sabers

2. Thread of the day when possible

3. Currentily watching, location under profile. Some are to long.

Thank you and whenever you can.

3. Orion

Orion Gears

I just noticed that the "Thread of the Day" is back up and working. Very good job Cloud and BMS. ;)

4. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

1 - Fixed. 2 - I think this might have just been a thread with some funny characters in the name. 3 - This is set to 50 characters, is this too long?

5. Eternal-Blaze

Eternal-Blaze New Member

I don't think that the thread of the day function is fixed. If you read my earlier post you'll see that I was thinking that thread of the day only applies to threads that were made the day before and that I predicted that the Favorite Characters thread in the Zatch Bell forum would be the thread of the day today. I was right.

I say the thread of the day should be the thread that got the most posts the day before whether it's new or not.

Oh, and I'm still on my own friend list thing when I wasn't able to do that earlier.

6. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Thanks.

3- I think some are off when I wrote mine I was only able to do "Blood. The anime what else?" But now I can write longer. Strange. Others look to be over 50 characters.

Let's see here "Aplace where your dreams and reality have no boundry, you are free to love,free to live.in aplace that has always been there waiting for you to open it's iron gate. Welcome to Neverland......."

Do you mean words or letters? I am kind of sure letters you mean characters right? Including the spaces?

If we get a few of those it would be annoying. 50 characters only would not be to bad.

I live on the planet Earth. That is all you need. <- 50 or close inlcuding spaces.

Blood. The anime what else? I am to lazy to write anything. <- Close

I guess I am saying please update some. Some are over 50. Way over 50. If we got a few of those it would be annoying.

Like the Bio can be, living, hobbies, and job. Listening and watching are short.

Maybe I am just picky and easly annoyed. Thanks Cloud. For fixing all those problems.

7. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

It would be a coding issue. It's probably coded to select (my guess) the first thread made in the past 24 hours, whenever it's set to check. Though I know for sure I wouldn't be to willing to try and change it, it's Cloud's call. I doubt he'd be too willing to wade into a mess of code to change it. :p Though I'd support the idea, if it could be done.

I had a look at Cloud's friends.php hack myself, haven't a clue what causes it, but if he could tell me the code changes he does when he fixes it, I'd appreciate it. ;)

Also, I think 15 characters, 25 at most, would be enough for locations. I can't think of many places that would require more than that. 25 would probably be good for the "Currently ..." fields, too. Any longer gets messy, no?

8. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

Weird that you can add yourself as a friend, but it uses vB's buddy system so the bug may lie there if you are on your own buddy list (can you see that in your user CP)?

I see the Thread of the Day problem - it's something to do with the date on the forum - looking into it now...

9. Reisti Skalchaste

Yup. At least it's not a problem with your hack, is it? Being an addon and having no code changes to the actual vB code, it wouldn't be able to cause a problem like this, would it?

I can add myself to my own buddy list on another vB 3.5.x forum that doesn't have it, so it's definately a vB error. It's already been reported, though:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/bugs35.php?do=view&bugid=1112

Edit: 2500 posts ^^

1 person likes this.
  10. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

Thanks. Yeah, I came on a couple days ago and saw I had, as Basher had already said FR's mod list, and I kinda went "Whoa" So I went around and found out that it was FR's list. Had did this change happen anyways?

11. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

Just a bug in the Mod Titles script - should work now...

12. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

What the hell's up with the Wiki on the main page? It's got a list of the logs of what (and who) is being blocked. Any reason behind that? Do we all really need to know who is being blocked?

And what's with "protected"? What does that mean?

~W

13. Reisti Skalchaste

It's a feed of updated pages. It's a dumb process, simply feeding all updated pages, not just whichever ones Cloud wants.

The Log:Block is simply updated when Cloud bans someone from the wiki, and the Log:protect is pages that have been locked so they can't be editted.

Because if you've seen all the wiki spam lately...

14. Yossarian

Yossarian Yossarian Lives!

The Main Page has been updating extremely slow lately. and it's not just on my comupter. but my desktop, Laptop, Library, and school computers....
    ( yes i know i have so much internet acess it's insane)

15. Orion

Orion Gears

I've noticed that a little too. On every desktop at my house.

Sphinx you internet addict. ;)

16. Yossarian

Yossarian Yossarian Lives!

I didn't mention my Fathers,Grandmothers or my friend Chloe's computer.

yes i am an internet addict, whats your point?:p

17. Reisti Skalchaste

*ahem*? Someone talking about internet addiction? :3

On the thread topic, I haven't seen any errors in awhile, save that one in the journal comments. Apparently Cloud had little difficulty editting, perhaps it's simply a permissions thing.

And also the friends.php might need a touch up to make it viewable to guests? I've noticed guests have problems viewing it since vB 3.5.x
    PM me the fix for it please, Cloud? :3

Apart from that, I think it's just about safe to say all the errors have been solved, eh?

18. Orion

Orion Gears

Yeah, most of the errors have been fixed now. I haven't run into a problem in a long time. Good job Cloud and BakaMattSu! :p