New Drop Down Menu

Discussion in 'News' started by Cloud, Jun 12, 2002.

1. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi all -

With all the forum names at the top of each web page, things were a _little_ cluttered so I've organised the forums into three alphabetical groups (for now) - perhaps we can come up with a better grouping scheme later on.

Hope you like it.

John.
    --

2. Vash

Vash New Member

Nope, I don't like it. Sorry. I'm sure I'll adapt.

3. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

Please let me know what you like/don't like because it's still under construction :)

4. Dark Kaneda

Dark Kaneda New Member

its kind of weird but ill adapt to it

5. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

I like it .. Its more organized that before....

6. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

It scared the Beejezus outta me at first!

I thought I had some browser issues until I noticed things dropped down...

But, yeah, I like it lots...we just need to change up that organization somehow...the Alphabet thing is just a teensy too cluttered looking...

7. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

Oh my... BMS that must have been some shock; I know that cuz you hate change :D!! hehe

It's cool, and organized; however I;m so used to the old search for link and click.. I''ll adapt too... :sweat:

8. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Yes. I suffered my first heart attack because of you, Cloud! ;)

9. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

I really like it ^___^x it's a lot more organized and the new "who's online" section is really handy as well ;)

I really like change for some reason though... it's just cool to learn about new things and explore new stuff on M2A :)

10. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

Hello again!

Sorry about the heartattack BMS :) BTW I have a big Ani DiF fan in my house!

Yeah the letters are a bit daft - it is only temporary (I hope) until we can come up with some new categories.

And the good thing is that the new menu also works for categories within categories - say for example we decided down the road to have a Saber Marionette category with SMJ, SMX etc. - the menu would pop out like the Forums one with the arrow on the main Manga to Anime drop down menu.

Anyway if anyone has any good category descriptions, post here - I started with A to G, H to P, Q to Z, then went A · B · C ... We used to have Anime, Manga and something else once.

J.
    --

11. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

I liked the oldstyle better. I would just look at what forums were in BOLD, and I would click on them. It's much faster than using drop down menus.

Is there a way we could customize the top menu, for us guys that like the old style?

Thanks! :anime:

12. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

i agree with bms...scared the heck outta me...tho it does look better...least you don't have to click on the letter to get the drop downs...maybe putting it to a a-g, h-p, q-z type thing will work too, instead of guessing where the next section of letter groupings is...cause it took me a few minutes to just notice(lol) the red highlight...but it looks very nice.*^-^*

(hey! you changed your avitar, john!! another gunnam one! lol)

13. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

I think the new system is cool.. makes things a lot less cluttered at the top of my screen!

KaMe

14. chupito

chupito New Member

Like evryone said, i will adapt to this, so i'm okay :D!
    BTW, i like it, it looks great...
    Nothing more to say...:p

Hugs

15. Energizer Bunny

Energizer Bunny i wuv you

i got here and was like what the... at first then moved the mouse and POOF it popped down and i just started giggling like a three year old(okay maybe thats a little extreme-but i was excited) so i went over all the letters and watched the little screens pop up and down and i just thought 'i wish there was somewhere i could tell cloud how cool this is' and low and behold its right here!!! so yeah i think its funfunfun!! of course im the most easily entertained person on earth so that could mean something....

16. Izer

Izer New Member

Maybe you could add some sort of mark to distinguish between the 3 letter groupings (make the dot delimiter bold?). It's a little bit confusing at first, but as Bloodberry mentioned the red highlighting kinda sorts it out.

17. Izer

Izer New Member

One more suggestion (work is a bit slow today :))...

You could consider grouping the more general catagories together (anime, misc, videogames etc.) while leaving anime and manga titles under the a-z groups.

18. Vash

Vash New Member

Yeah, sorry Cloud, I was a bit terse. I had the problem initially of thinking my crappy old computer had a problem, but even once I sorted out what was going on I was bit nostalgic for having everything laid out for me without dropdowns.
    Like I said though, I'm adapting. And it is tidier I suppose.

19. sniperx

sniperx New Member

i use that Drop down menu all the time i think its easier to use all u got to do is just click to go to which forum u want to go to.