New *Forum* Suggestion: Witch Hunter Robin

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Dante, Mar 12, 2004.

1. Dante

Dante New Member

Just a suggestion. I saw it posted in the Anime forum and it got numerous replies from different members (almost all of which seemed positive). And as it's now being shown on Cartoon Network (Adult Swim, rather), it would probably starting bringing in new fans (those that aren't closed-minded enough to stick to solely Inuyasha or the likes).

Just thought that it was something that could be discussed outside of silly polls, ie plenty of questions to be asked (and frankly I'd like to be a mod of said forum, but that's just me ;P Numerous people would probably disagree as they'd write me off as some newb and probably don't know/remember my past names).

Just a friendly suggestion. :)

2. Baphijmm

Baphijmm Kunlun Knight

I've not seen much of this particular show, but from what I have seen, it appears to be a show with plenty to discuss. There are plenty of characters, most of the main ones with their own backstories, and the plot itself lends to many conversations. Basically, yes, I'd support this idea.

1 person likes this.
  3. Megami-Chan

Megami-Chan New Member

Meh. To be honest, I've never seen WHR, but i've heard nothing but good things of it, and this is the best way to learn anything. (Considering financial issues and my inability to stay up 'til Midnight, due to evil school schedules. Is why God created spring break, neh?)

1 person likes this.
  4. soundofsilence

soundofsilence New Member

You have my support, Amon! I still haven't had a chance to watch the show (my insomnia has abandoned me in my time of need), but a forum would be a great way for me to learn more about the series.

5. Kamui

Kamui X//1999... best anime eva

Well, heres how I see it.

I love this show, but what would be talk about? I mean for a while the forum would be good. But I personally feel it would lose interest fast.

Just my take on it.

6. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

I'd love to see this forum created. WHR is an awesome show. One that I want to find out more about.

7. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

I'm in for this idea too... unlike some other anime I think this one is popular enough to deserve it's own forum. So count me in...

- Shen

8. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

if there hasn't been one yet, maybe try a test thread for it in anime and see how the response goes. though, i think with the current popularity of this from adult swim, this should actually be fine ^^

1 person likes this.
  9. Baphijmm

Baphijmm Kunlun Knight

I was kinda wondering, this idea seemed to have a lot of support behind it and there's not been a definitive yes or no. Does this idea still stand? I know I'm still in full support of it, and just haven't seen any action taken either positively or negatively yet, and it's been almost a month since it was first suggested.

10. TheSonOfBattles

TheSonOfBattles New Member

Forums shouldn't be created for shows just after they've finished airing, and based on their popularity ratings wise. In fact, I would think (and this is my opinion which in the grand scheme of things will make **** all differance) that a gap of at least 6 months after a show has finished airing initially should be given before its given its own forum. Reason being then people will have had time to think about the show, form their own ideas and views and also, if its just an impulse thing, with no real chat possibility, the idea will die before it gets made saving bandwidth and headache.

Also, only 8 people have shown support, on a site with thousands of users 8 ain't a hell of a lot. Give the admins time, they're busy and will get back in their own time. I suggested something months ago, and still haven't gotten word on it back yet, negative or positive from the admins. I've started to think they've forgotten bout it tbh , but what the hey.

11. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

I agree. As much as i love WHR i dont not think the forum would last. The show is not long enough for consistant discussions. And i havnt seen that many posts on M2A disscusing the Anime, as compared to inuyasha, bebop, trigun, or Naruto (etc.) There are a good amount of posts, but in my opinon, not enough for a whole forum.

12. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

why, is that because it's hard to get me to support a forum for something i've not seen AT ALL? dman straight. and with the amount of talk i've been hearing about it from friends, irc, and other means, i think it would be a good idea.

13. Dante

Dante New Member

Okay, I've posted only once in this thread (to create it) and, it being in my nature to debate, etc... it is now my time to retaliate (so to speak) seeing as the posts died down. I will deal with these in reverse order of time posted.

Jaken: The episode tidbit is, really, meaningless. I mean, the series is as long as Cowboy Bebop and two episodes shy of Trigun and Neon Genesis Evangelion yet those are three of the most meaningful and lively anime forums that we have around here, not to mention the plot and things about the seriously, I'm sure, most open-minded people would find much more interesting to discuss than things we see, for example, in Dragon Ball Z and Inuyasha.

Son of Battles: I can't say much for the tidbit about "after a show is finished airing", but wouldn't you agree that popularity is the main reason for forums on such things as Dragon Ball Z and Inuyasha? Truly, what is so deeply meaningful in those series that tallies up to those like Cowboy Bebop and Tirgun and that is lacking in Witch Hunter Robin that are in DBZ and Inu? Yes, a forum should not be created on solely popularity because that is why those two forums are infested with "Who is the Hottests GT Male?" and literally countless "Kagome or Kikyo" threads. Some of these are natural and are good in small doses, it's expected for people to voice about their favorite character or the likes, but that's just ridiculous. I personally and honestly thoroughly believe that there is so much more to the series than that. Of course, like everything, that's really MY opinion. Also, take into account, you say thousands members, but how many really even POST in M2A, let alone bother with the suggestions forum? Also a forum about the series was posted in Anime in clear view and all those that have posted in it are intelligent enough to not have gone and post a thousand threads about it, so you're going to penalize people for being considerate and intelligent? That's just how it seems to me, I could be wrong.

Kamui: There is no guarantee any anime can keep interest. I had talked to you about this before and I had shown you a myriad of possibilities (all of which you ignored, of course, maybe some pent up anger and frustration from the three times your separate X Forum idea was shot down, I don't know).

Anyway, I just feel as if this series definitely has much potential and is similar to series we have like Trigun and Cowboy Bebop (Note: I'm using these two as examples because honestly I haven't seen series like Love Hina, Excel, etc., most of the anime forums we have here) and I feel there is plenty to discuss (I myself have numerous ideas). But alas, it's all matter of opinion. ;)

[EDIT] And... Hell... BB approves! She doesn't approve anything! :p [/EDIT]

14. Kagome's Arrow

Kagome's Arrow Princess of Unicorns

I'm all for it. Almost all of the other "Adult Swim" series have their own forums, why not WHR?

Even though I haven't finished the entire series yet, I think there would be plenty of things to talk about. And Jaken, when you say the show isn't long enough for discussions, check out the Cowboy Bebop forum! They're exactly the same length!

WHR has picked up a lot of fans over the short time that it's been airing on Adult Swim, and it's an all around good anime. I agree with Amon, with a series like WHR you'd probably get a lot more then just "Which character would you go out with?" "Which character is the hottest?" "Whose outfit is the coolest?" and numerous other threads of the like.

Yup, a WHR forum sounds good to me, I'll be sure to post if one is created!

15. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

That seems to be so, sorry for my incorrect information.

But even so, if you disregard the length, there are not enough current disscussions. And, that doesnt really show great potential. And i am all for WHR, its one of my favorite series but i honestly dont think its popular enough, amungst the people, to have its own forum. And i do agree that there could be very intresting discussions concerning the series, but there arn't many at the moment. If there aren't many now, there is not a very high possiblity of there being any more when there is a forum. It will end up getting deleted.

Also Bebop and Trigun are reran due to their emense popularity, but WHR only aired twice and there are no signs for it of airing it for a 3rd time(though i wish it would). So naturally there would be more posts on this site about bebop and trigun. If adult swim discontinues the series, it will surely die of its popularity in the forums.

16. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I am for this one. I do like the show and I think it would be interesting to see a forum about it.
    Basher

17. TheSonOfBattles

This is quite true, however, I would be one of the people who think all of those forums should be closed as well.

Like you say these forums always decend into threads about favourite character, enemy, teaspoon after a few weeks, along with usually a fairly active trivia thread.

Nothing seperates them at all, they should all equally have no forum except a general anime one to discuss them under.

I believe you that other discussions besides hottest/favourite male/female/hero etc. will take place. But only for a few weeks. After that, it'll decend to brain bubbling crap, repetition of previous threads, and the odd good one which would do grand in a general anime forum anyway.

Okay, say only a few hundred members post regularly, we'll say 200 for the purpose of this. I have no idea about the reality. Only a few people, 10 or so at this stage have voiced support. That's still a tiny % of the total. 5% for those who are to lazy to tally.

I'm not saying you should penalize them for being considerate and intelligent at all. I'm saying if you want someplace to discuss this so badly, stop trying to create one, and use the one you already have. Go into the general anime forum, and create the threads you'd otherwise create in a WHR forum. No one will mind, after all, its the reason the forum EXISTS!!

I know nothing about this, but feel free to argue them again.

Here's MY suggestion. You want to seperate the forums so bad, you want to segregate it to the proper sections so much. Create 2 new forums: Trivia forum and Favourite ???? forum. Then shut down all the other series specific forums, and leave just 3 forums in total. The 2 above, and general. BAM!!! Everyone's happy. The kiddies have someplace to discuss all their favourite whatever, there's a home for the trivia threads, and General Anime is left clean and full of intelligent posts about loads of series's.

18. Baphijmm

Baphijmm Kunlun Knight

While this does seem to be a good idea, I have one major issue with it: if we were to do this, both forums would become swamped with posts from everyone about anything dealing with any anime, and most of it would be incredibly confusing for someone to sort out. Also, it would be a general pain in the behind to have to moderate something like that. Sure, the forums aren't very active right now, but it *is* nearing the end of the school year. When summer rolls around, most members will suddenly have countless free time, a lot of which will probably be spent posting here. When that happens, if the forums are split in that manner, it would be pandemonium for the administration.

1 person likes this.
  19. TheSonOfBattles

If people were going to swamp the forums with anything dealing with any anime, they'd have done it already. 2 new forums added to the mix aren't suddenly going to make people blow their minds, and post subjects in random places tbh.

Also, the suggestion wasn't meant to be taken seriously. I think there should be 1 general anime forum. The forum isn't that active tbh. I came back after more than 2 weeks away from any net activity of anykind, and had caught up with the entire site in 3 hours afair. And that was while simultaneously IRC'ing again for the first time in 2 weeks, and checking multiple sites.