New Homepage

Discussion in 'News' started by Cloud, Aug 9, 2005.

1. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

It's always bad or good (depending how you look at it) when I have some free time on my hands! I've been away at Wikimania for the past week, and in the evenings I had a bit of spare time to devote to a new BJP main page.

As you've probably noticed, the main page has been reskinned and redesigned.

Ciel's gateway image has been incorporated up-top, which leaves more room for new posts and filtering options on the left.

Recent blog posts also now appear on the main page, replacing the less updated news section.

I think we may also look at some anime images on the left or right to jump to some of our popular forums.

Hope you like, of course your comments (positive and negative) are welcome as can only improve...

2. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

It's very nice, if sterile looking at the same time. Your suggested popular series image links should give it a good sprucing up.

What happened to the news feed, though? ^^

3. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

It's nice to have a change once in a while Cloud. I wonder if the icons of Albums to Wiki could get a colour scheme change to fit the rest of the layout.

I think the News section is important and there may be too much emphasis on the Blogs. Perhaps you could change the small 'Newest Blogs' window on the left to 'Newest News Threads'? I'm one to miss out on a few contests and such since I don't go to that forum as often as I should.

Anyways, looks great! I'm sure you'll hear many more comments in this thread soon.

4. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

Yes some ideas for the buttons would be great, because I (obviously) didn't spend that much time on them...

I was thinking on the right hand-side we could have rectangles linking to diff. anime and manga, around 150x50 or something - what you reckon?

Maybe the news should return somewhere...

5. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

Nice, everything looks very orderly. Gives Boards.jp a fresh feel.

Other than the news section, what would be nice might be to add some Anime character pictures? I always thought they looked catchy on other Anime sites.

Just a suggestion...

- Shen

6. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

Yes I was hoping some anime characters could serve as quick jump images to forums.

7. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

Okay made some of the above proposed changes. Moved latest blog entries to the left, brought back the news, added latest albums and wiki entries to the right, and we can put some of those jazzy anime images above that.

Maybe we can redesign the buttons too - just changed them from brown to blue for now - they're 66px x 66px to fit with the banner (7 x 66px buttons + 6 x 1px spacers = 468).

J.
    --

8. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

It was definately a shock and no mistake. The only thing I could think of at first was "What the hell?"

Anyway, it's nice, if a bit plain. It seems just like the rest of the forums now. Perhaps if you incorporated some of the old colors or styles in it? Or at least if you could have the forums skins work there, as well? I dunno, it's not bad, I'll miss the old one, but it's nice.

9. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

So I've put on some anime images too - they are 160 x 30 if anyone wants to design some, with a 1px black border and using text generated from:

http://kalsey.com/tools/buttonmaker/

10. Seishin

Seishin Guest

I was surprised when I entered the page. It sure looks a bit much like the IE main page (At least it resembles it in a way). This some real awsome job.

As for the Icons, can I make a Star Wars one, or it's all quick links to anime?

-Seishin

11. Sieghardt

Sieghardt Man With the Machine Gun

Ooh, I really like the looks of this. Wonderful job. ;)

12. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

It looks great cloud. Everything in orginazed. ^_^

13. Fushigi Rockna

This is like the total awesomeness man, it looks great. It's about time the front page was updated. :)

I love the idea of pictures for the popular forums. They look splendid and it's such a great idea! ^-^

Very nice indeed. :)

14. SoraStrife

SoraStrife New Member

When I first came on here to post something in the morning..I was like "OMGosh it's a maricle!" but I was so fasinated and its a great thing that you made it a lot better loooking! ^_^ better that I have ever seen so far...heck its better than my old fourm back then! AWESOME WORK! I love it..thanks for the updateing!

1 person likes this.
  15. Nightmare

Nightmare Chaos Rules

Looks very nice Cloud. I like the whole picture idea for the some of the main forums that are well known.

16. Orion

Orion Gears

I like the new homepage, and things can only get better with the new design! ^_^

-Ian

17. Hacker

Hacker ~Richie Rich~

It's wonderful! the first time i seen it i said, "Ooopsie wrong pla-......cool" lol.

18. Yossarian

Yossarian Yossarian Lives!

i really enjoy the new homepage. it's a lot eaier to get where i want to go striaght from the homepage.

so Great job on the new homepage, Cloud.

19. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Whoa. I have sure missed something here. Nice design and I like the idea of " popular forums ". Nice going again Cloud!

- Teddz