New Ova

Discussion in 'Rurouni Kenshin' started by Zei, Aug 9, 2001.

1. Zei

Zei New Member

Just got this off www.noated.com

According to the latest issue of Weekly Jump, a new Rurouni Kenshin OVA (series?) is scheduled for release in December. The "Seisou Hen" (Passing of Time Saga) will be a continuation of the first "Tsuioku Hen" ( Memory Saga) OVA series and will also conclude the anime.

"That is all the information that has been released so far. It is unclear whether this means we will see Enishi, but that may be doubtful because they [Weekly Jump Magazine] mention that it is an original story."

2. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

Do you mean a new story diffrent from the old one or will it be like part 2 ?

3. UrashimaKeitaro

UrashimaKeitaro Sesquipedalian Mod

I read about this one last month, I think, I forgot where, but it looks like a 'resolution' to the series (something the series needed) So this would mean an OAV before and after with the series smooshed in the middle, chronologically speaking... I hope they do as good of a job as they did with Innocence/Trust/Betrayal/Remembrance.

-UK

4. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

I can't wait 'til December for it to be released. I just hope somebody fansubs it soon after it is released in Japan.

What do you mean by it concluding the anime? Does this mean that it's the last series of Kenshin ever?

5. Zei

Zei New Member

Hmmm, as it says the ova is going to be a new story hence it cant be the Enishi/Jinchuu Arc, an end to the series maybe, but it would have to be some sort alternate ending as the manga contains a final ending which couldnt possibly be added to, the other possiblity is that it is set after the first ovas, during the 10 years he spent as a rurouni before he met koaru, in a kind of seperate story like the movie..

6. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

The second option seems to make more sense. I can't really see what they can add on to the series...

But I'd rather see more of Kenshin as the Hitokiri Battousai... but this means another dark, serious OVA.

7. Zei

Zei New Member

Theres an update on noated about the ova and is as follows:

The realistic style of the previous OAV will be reused. The OVA "Seisou Hen", now confirmed for production, is composed of two segments, and is scheduled for video release at the end of 2001. The placement of OVA "Seisou Hen" is as the continuation of the 1999 OVA production "Tsuioku Hen"(four segments), and is likewise designed on the theme of Kenshin's own answer to his guilt towards his past.

The First part will be realesed on December 19 2001, according to the oficial Rurouni Kenshin site http://www.sonymusic.co.jp/Movie/TV/Kenshin/index.html
    and the second part will be out by February 2002, on the 3rd week