New Soundtrack to be Released October 4!

Discussion in 'Gatchaman' started by Mark, Aug 25, 2004.

1. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

2. Dirk Daring

Dirk Daring New Member

Nice, although i wish they would have included the G-Force theme song as an added bonus, as it is not available seperate from the show (all i have is a CRAP mp3 of the theme song which was obviously recorded from the TV). Come to think of it, a G-Force OST wouldnt be too large. Just 2 tracks, the theme song and the pounding backbeat LOL :p Cant wait for that G-Force DVD to come out and for me to get Anime Network............. Man, i get sad just seeing the status of this board. I visit it almost every day only to find the latest posts being my own :( But until something new comes along thats Gatchaman-related it will remain this way. Its the calm before the storm i should say.......

3. Melek Taos

Melek Taos New Member

My thoughts entirlely.

(PS, I like the GoS theme tune too...)

4. Dirk Daring

Dirk Daring New Member

A question: Do you know if BOTP has used stock Hanna-Barbera music at any point? I noticed a lot of Hanna-Barnera shows back in the 60's & 70's used the same tracks at times. I just finished watching "Mad New Ruler of Spectra" (on Boomerang obviously) and i heard a track that struck a chord with me. I definitely know ive heard it before, but i dont know from where. Could it have been stock Hanna-Barbera music (i ask this because i know Hanna-Barbera had a hand in creating BOTP somehow. This fact probably helped make the decision to bring BOTP to Boomerang come to fruition,with Turner owning all Hanna-Barbera fare and the negotiations between Sandy Frank & Turner which ultimately spawned G-Force) or was it part of the original Gatchaman soundtrack,meaning i could have possibly heard it from G-Force? I dunno, first time i heard it in all the BOTP eps ive seen so far...............

5. Meridian

Meridian New Member

I suppose Hoyt Curtin wrote a lot of Hanna Barbera music, so he could have reused themes he'd previously written (I'm sure one of the creepy themes from Scooby Doo has a lot in common with one of the creepy themes used in BOTP), perhaps with slight changes.

6. Dirk Daring

Dirk Daring New Member

The track im referring to is in the ep "Mad Ruler of Spectra", during the part where the Pheonix dives down to startle some mechanical horses. Thats for those who have the ep on DVD to refer to.