New Virus Alert...

Discussion in 'News' started by Zanza, Jan 2, 2003.

1. Ark

Ark Praise Judas!

Well, your friend is PARTIALLY right. There are virii that exploited a security hole in Microsoft Outlook Express to execute code and implant a virus into the system, when you click on the email to read it this code runs and you're infected. However, after the hole was discovered, Microsoft patched it. Many similar security weaknesses have also been patched. As I mentioned, going to http://www.windowsupdate.com to patch your email client will protect your pc from virii that use these holes to infect you.

- Ark

2. Phalanx

Phalanx Long Live M2A!

Well, I use Yahoo mail and don't even bother with outlook express. Is there any danger there either to my computer or the e-mail account?

3. Mika-chan

Mika-chan New Member

i have been getting those emails too. I got one today, but i scanned it and it came up as a Virus so I deleted it.... i'vegotten50 of those emails in3 days.....

4. Phalanx

Phalanx Long Live M2A!

Jeeze, Mika-chan. What is you e-mail handler (yahoo, hotmail)? 50 in one day, makes me wonder how many I have (I dont' have a anti- virus program).

5. Guts

Guts 100 man slayer

Hey I just got a private message from Yamigirl so should I open it or delete it and how do I scan messages and e-mails.

6. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

don't worry about pm's...they can't carry anything really...email on the other hand, that's where you get paranoid...for that, a virus program like mccaffey or norton should catch anything if it's up to date

7. Phalanx

Phalanx Long Live M2A!

Can you download something good online? I don't have any money to go buy one :(

8. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

you can check downloads.com(it's that cnn site thingie...) and look for a freeware prog. not sure what's good tho...

9. FireDragon_16

FireDragon_16 A Sionbosys Unit

WHHHHAA??

What? KUPA???? is yamigirl a virus sender?

10. Lady Shadow-san

Lady Shadow-san New Member

It annoys me becuase I get alot of those and they clog my e-mail. I've been recently getting annoying e-mails disguised as surveys. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.....