News From Sfe About Battle Moving To The Anime Network

Discussion in 'Gatchaman' started by eagleclaw, Sep 27, 2004.

1. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

News flash battle fans i just got an email from sfe about battle moving to the anime network abd they said quote Our contract with BOOMERANG was only for 24 episodes for 6 monthe. THE ANIME NEYWORK will not only be running all 85 BATTLE episodes as well as the 85 G FORCE and 105 GATCHAMAN, newly du=bbed into Englaih.
    thats all from here if i hear any more i will surley report

2. Dirk Daring

Dirk Daring New Member

sfe= Sandy Frank Entertainment? How are you able to get emails from them? Do tell, and keep us updated. This is quite exciting............

3. elizabeth1

elizabeth1 New Member

Sorry guys, I cant see much to get excited about. BOTP is off the air in New York as far as I know and its questionable if and ever we will get the Anime Network. I still have tears in my eyes writing this because I miss BOTP so much already. I will buy the box set so I don't feel so BOTP deprived.

4. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

Thanks for the update, Eagleclaw!

Dirk, go to the Sandy Frank Entertainment website and contact them there to be added to their "Battle of the Planets" mailing list.

I think SFE should have stayed with Boomerang a while longer until more markets picked up The Anime Network. Unless you are into a show like we are that will be on TAN, you probably don't even know it exisits. I hope this blunder does not slow down the BotP momentum that has been building the past few years.

Mark

5. Dirk Daring

Dirk Daring New Member

If this does come to fruition than that would mean that this would be the first time G-Force would be run completely in more than a half-decade on US shores! I wonder though, how & why does Sandy Frank have anything to do with GoS? Didnt they give up the rights to Gatchaman to Turner who retranslated it? From the recent G-Force eps ive seen Sandy Frank was mentioned in the credits (copyright). So im guessing Turner gave up the rights to GoS (they werent doing much with it either. I think i can count the number of series runs GoS has had on US TV with one hand).......or something. The knowledge of to who's the owner of the rights to G-Force is as much of an enigma as the show itself, or so it seems to me......... And if the contract for BOTP on Boomerang was for 24 eps then why werent the last 4 aired?

6. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

The rights to GoS is very confusing. I don't think Sandy Frank gave up complete rights to anything, which is why his name is in the credits. He absolutley would not let Turner use the names of the characters or Hoyt Curtin's score, but did allow them to use the name "G-Force." (The use of the name "Phoenix" could be linked to the original "Gatachaman," so Frank may have had no say in that.) I really wish Turner used a different name for the team and ship just to reduce the confusion. But, Saban did that for Eagle Riders, and that series was completely rejected.

7. Dirk Daring

Dirk Daring New Member

Not only that, but he (Sandy Frank) didnt allow Turner use of the attack names/terms either which made for some mixed results ("Whirlwind Pyramid to just "Tornado" or "Tornado Formation". Original Japanese term: Tatsumaki (Whirlwind) Fighter. BOTP wins that one. "Transmute" to "G-Force,Transform!!!!". Original Japanese term: "Bird Go" Pretty much even here. "Sniper Missile" (?) to "Bird Missile. I think the original term was "Bird Missile" as well so GoS wins that one). I wonder what prompted a second translation of Gatchaman I. I know it wasnt for Cartoon Network as it was nonexistent circa 1986 and the only channel Turner had was TBS at the time. You think they would start working on a translation to Gatchaman II or F which are more than 20 years overdue *is ignoring Eagle Riders as its mostly an Austrailian product and an atrocity overall*.

Perhaps third times will be a charm for Gatchaman I in more ways than one, as its success may or may not prompt the dubbing of Gatchaman II & F and it may finally leave BOTP & G-Force in the memories of each of their respective fan's camps,for there finally is a definitive dub. Ive never checked out an ADV product yet, but i hear their work is a mixed bag. I wonder if they will do a better job than Sandy Frank/Hanna-Barbera & Sparklin' Entertainment did with Gatchaman I. Side note: For as much looking up as ive done, ive never found anything on this "Sparklin' Entertainment". Perhaps it was a dubbing company made especially for G-Force? Anyone else heard of any other works they might be related to? I did however find out whos possibly behind the much-maligned "backbeat": Dean Andre. Dean Andre, wherever you are today, know that you are on many a Gatcha-fan's hit list for the musical masterpiece that you have brought into this world:the "pounding backbeat" :p