Video Games Nintendo's Worst

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by GentatsuNoZanshi cc61, Jan 25, 2002.

?

Which Nintendo system was the worst?

1. Famicom/Nintendo Entertainment System (NES)

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  2. Super Famicom/Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. Nintendo 64 (N64)

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  4. Gameboy/Gameboy Pocket/Gameboy Color (GB/GBP/GBC)

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  5. Gameboy Advance (GBA)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Gamecube

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  1. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

Even an old-school Nintendo fan like myself knows that they have had a few failures. I want your input on

WHICH NINTENDO SYSTEM WAS THE WORST?

You will notice that I left off the Virtual Boy from the list. If I included that, I doubt there would be any contest for the poll.

2. UrashimaKeitaro

UrashimaKeitaro Sesquipedalian Mod

All of them had their ups and downs.. but if I had to chose one flop... I can't... all of them had their advantages. All of them made their money for the big 'N' the original Nintendo.. I remember playing games on that before anything else..except the atari or Oddessy 2000 system, never got to play a Pong system. Vintage gaming will always hold a place in my heart.
    Actually.. I haven't owned a console (NES, SNES, and Oddessy 2000 aside, I don't have them with me) since about 1½ years ago.

-UK
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    dries a tear at memories of 'Volleyball!' and 'Baseball!' for the O2000

3. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

I had to vote for teh SNES.. What did it improve? Looking back I cannot tell the difference between the NES and SNES sometimes. I mean, Mario 2 for NES was as good as mario for the SNES.. Sure it was a little prettier, but still limited to platform side scrollers and the like. 64 was a real jump, and I don't know about the gamecube, so I can't say.

4. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

well i just dug my Snes out from under the rubble that is known as my room back home and brought it up here to college with me,
    Mario kart rules :)

5. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

I couldn't in good concience vote for any of them. They're my favorite consoles in the world.

I think maybe you should replay them. Compare FFI-III to FFIV-VI, chrono cross, top, and so on. Could you imagine playing Donkey Kong Country, Mario Kart, Star fox, and the rest on your nes?
    I think not.

6. MamiyaOtaru

Yes, I figured someone would bring up Mario Kart. That and Starfox, OK. FF RPG is still an FF RPG though.. and Donkey Kong country was just a side view platform game like any number of them on NES. SNES retains my vote (if for no other reason than I can't take it back)

7. Lady Aoi

Lady Aoi Princess of Shirataki

Lady Aoi only ever owned the old eight bit (does that date me or what, la!). I played with the SNES once or twice at friends houses but that was it.

~ Lady Aoi: does a lack of nintendo make me pathetic?

8. MamiyaOtaru

Not really.. I never owned any nintendo. (That's the real reasonal reason it is hard for me to "imagine playing Donkey Kong Country, Mario Kart, Star fox, and the rest on (my) nes" :D )

Actually, maybe that just makes me more pathetic

9. UrashimaKeitaro

Or perhaps I'm the most pathetic of them all with both an NES and a SNES (and emulators for both now). I think there's still some points to be made for SNES tho, Chrono Trigger had some amazing music, for the platform. Mario Kart, the original, still holds a high place in my book, that one was fun to deathmatch in. They did a good marketing job, we can't blame 'em, can we...

-UK
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    prepares to be stoned

10. MamiyaOtaru

Why, do you have some "good pot?" hehe now it is me with the obscure references..

Anyway, I just glanced at the poll results thus far. Gamecube in the lead? Does it suck that bad? Looks like the market will be left to Sony (and PCs LOL). I mean, Sega is gone, and if Nintendo can only suck, and Microsoft is evil, that leaves us with, well, Sony. I guess that isn't so bad..

11. UrashimaKeitaro

Sorry, no 'Good Pot', but a some 'Whammo' brand rocks would do the trick.

GameCube? Strange... well, so it is with many new platforms... they haven't accustomed themselves with the limits of it, and thusly, haven't created the greatest games that will be played on it yet. PS2 has an incredible advantage in that reguard, backwards compatability. Sell off the old, buy a better, new one!

-UK

12. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

Just a funny little anecdote regarding the Gamecube and the X-Box. My uncle (that is, my dad's younger brother) and his son (that being my cousin) are both die-hard Nintendo fans. So, to encourage my cousin to get good marks in school (he's in grade 8 or something like that), my uncle said he would buy a Gamecube if he got good grades, but if he failed, he'd get an X-Box!
    Sorry, I just think that's hilarious.

Seriously, though, the Gamecube's not that bad a system, but it has serious flaws, like the controller design for one thing. It's just stupid. Why can't it be like a PSX/2 controller, or a nice Sidewinder or Hammerhead FX for you PC guys out there? I've played a couple of games for it, and sure, the new Smash Brothers was more fun than ... well, I can't think of a good simile, but it was really fun ... but I just don't see why it couldn't have been made on the N64.

I'm actually pretty surprised that this thread hasn't become a warzone ... maybe I underestimate us all? I should have more faith, methinks.

13. Lime

Lime Claude ish MY honey ^.^

::pokes GentatsuNoZanshi cc61:: Nee nee...Whats a Purazuma..?

14. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

Too true!

Thanks to my brother, I've owned the original Nintendo. I've played Double Dragon and Mario 1-2-3. As for the others, I have a SNES Emu on my computer because of Chrono Trigger. As for 64, I've never owned one, never will. I hate that system! What's with those big ugly controllers? When I do play, I'm surprisingly good, but that's beside the point. And Gamecube...they tried too hard. Microsoft IS evil. Beware... 0.0...I love Sony! Yay, yay! (Cheers Washuu-chan style)
    Sony will always be where my loyalties lie. And with Squaresoft!

15. Lime

Lime Claude ish MY honey ^.^

._. Ive been convinced...

16. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

Purazuma (n) - 1. (Japanese) Plasma, translated to Japanese. 2. (Whatever it is you'd say I speak ...) Synonym for the occasional intelligent, philosophical, poetic or comical ramblings of GNZ, or a work possessing similar qualities. 3. (Japanese/English) A reference to Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon, a.k.a. Ganbare Goemon, in which this word is the catch-phrase of the Plasma Fortune Tellers who guide the paths of Goemon and his friends.

Just a stupid nonsense word.

Now, as for the comments on Nintendo's apparent lack of intelligence in the controller-design department, I have to agree entirely. I was playing that Super Smash Brothers game with my cousin a while ago, and I actually had to pause the game and look at the controller, saying to myselves, "what the hell is with this thing?". The controller proceeded to dance around the room yelling curses in Latin ... Nintendo must be manufacturing console-demons again (see Virtual Boy for details) ... Either that or somebody slipped something in my drink ... I thought that Coke tasted funny ...

Anyway, I've already said too much ... Or haven't I said enough?

I'm outta here, y'alls!

17. MamiyaOtaru

ne, Lime, what have you been convinced of?

And gnzcc61, thank you! I have been wondering wth Purazuma is :D

18. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

the original nes sucked cause of the way the games went in. you had to beat the damn to to get it to work half the time...
    SNES has awsome games.. and still does.. the RPG's were the best..

The 64 had promise but the games just licked ***.. thats why Sonny became everyone fav...

As for Game cube.. Sony 2 has them beat before they even thought of a game cube

KaMe

19. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

My thoughts exactly! I remember in grade five, a classmate and I were constantly at war over which console would emerge on top of the clash of titans ... he was pro-Sony, and I was pro-Sega ... how the tables have turned ... I heard he got a Dreamcas.st, and here I am with a [malfunctioning] PS2 ... the irony is delicious, ya?
    I remember years ago borrowing Captain Skyhawk (a cool airplane action game) for the NES from BakaMattSu, and the thing got caught in my system the day he asked for it back ... I had to bang the thing up a bit to get it out ... I wonder if he noticed ... Well, if he didn't, I guess I just told him, eh? Oops ...