Noob Alert!

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by MeatProduct, Mar 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MeatProduct

MeatProduct New Member

Hey Folks!

Joining you lot from boards.ie (the Irish Boards). Looking forward to getting involved in the forum. I'm heading to Japan in June :)

I play the drums and guitar, would love to get stuck into a band when I move.

Arrr!

Nick

1 person likes this.
  2. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Welcome, and make yourself at home.

Mind the occasional pocket of spam and you'll be fine. :)

What's on your agenda for your trip later this year? I've always wondered what the high points to hit would be, since there seems to be quite a lot to see in Japan and too little time or budget to cover it all.

3. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

I'm not sure how much of our boards will help 'prepare' you to go to Japan, but hey, have a seat, crack a beer and enjoy yourself. Just keep an eye out for BakaMattSu (that guy is insane).

~W

4. MeatProduct

MeatProduct New Member

Thanks guys :)

I'll be staying there for at least 3 months so plenty of time to see a lot. The plan is to really immerse myself into the culture so whatever it takes I'm there!

From talking to various people living there it looks like it's easier to live in or very near to the big cities. I was talking to a guy who lives in the country side and the nearest city is 40 miles away and the speed limit 60kmh most of the way. So I reckon Tokyo is the place I should settle into initially.

Nick

5. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

Heya. Gawh I remember certain people I didn't like having a party every time we had a newbie back in the day. Feels good to see like four posts of just welcoming instead of seduction.
    Aloha and welcome aboard. We aren't normal and we have terrible debate sessions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.