Not Dead!

Discussion in 'Gatchaman' started by Mark, Aug 10, 2006.

1. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

After months of work, I was finally able to get hold of someone at Sandy Frank Entertainment. I asked if there was any news on "Battle of the Planets." This is what I got back:

"At this time we have no new information, sorry to say. However, we are hoping for something special on the internet soon!"

Of course, I'm prying for more information, and you'll know what I hear as soon as I do!

2. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

Where the hell is everyone? :confused: :confused: :confused:

3. Dirk Daring

Dirk Daring New Member

You know us BotP board'ers Mark. Constantly lurking in apathy, only coming out of the shadows when something really catches our interest. :cool:

The Gatchaman scene has been pretty dead for awhile now, even with the GatchaCon almost a month ago. Speaking of which, here's a re-cap of it:

http://www.chronicsite.com/gatchaman/gatchnews.html#gatchacon

- The last volume of ADV Gatchaman will be released in October. The dub itself was wrapped up awhile back.

- "G-Force: Guardians of Space" marked its 20th anniversary this summer, with the expected whimper. Though the participants of GatchaCon did wear T-shirts bearing the GoS logo this year.

And I found out that the rights to "G-Force" owned by Turner & Hearst reverted back to Sandy Frank back in 2003, and now SFE owns it lock,stock and barrel.

Aside from that, nothing else. Mark, have you attempted to e-mail Jason Hofius? I believe I send you his e-mail via private message awhile ago. Perhaps he'll invite you to chat on the Gatchaman BBS board, where many Gatchaman fans (including some of the webmasters of the prominent Gatch fansites out there) frequent from time to time. You could ask him some Sandy Frank questions, but be very careful in which questions you ask as some stuff he can't disclose. Later.