Noticed more little problems with the journals...

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Reisti Skalchaste, Feb 2, 2006.

1. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

[​IMG]

Well, the problem isn't immediately noticeable. Anyway, this screenshot shows the problem to some extent.

The Journals record the journal owner with the username they used when they started the journal. This does not change when the username changes. You can see in my screenshot for yourself:

My journal entry is listed as being Shinryu's. User18's is listed as being Stevie Ray Vaughan's. Kaiyon's as KaiyonTormentor, and *~Blue~* as Seeshylover1#. And of course Ангел вчера's as "????? ??" though that one is clearly a result of him using foreign characters in his name.

There's obviously more than that, too.

I don't have any experience with the journal plugin, but I imagine it wouldn't be terribly difficult to alter these. I notice they show up the same on Planet BJP, and the complete journal for a given user.

Just something small, really.

One other thing is the "visit_xs_journal" error is still around, it looks to me like a missing phrase, and nothing more.
    http://www.boards.jp/forums/memberlist.php?&order=DESC&sort=posts&pp=30

That's about it, I think. Something to mention to the creator of the plugin, I imagine.

2. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

The names will be fairly up to date now.

The main page will update when Planet BJP does...

PHP:
    update journals left join user on journals.journalist_id user.userid set journalist=user.username;

3. Reisti Skalchaste

Awesome stuff, Cloud. I was getting so sick of seeing that old name of mine. :) Thanks!

4. Yossarian

Yossarian Yossarian Lives!

what about the people who actually want their old name on their journal?

5. Reisti Skalchaste

I guess they're left out to lunch, lol.

Myself, I'm glad to get rid of that unsightly thing. Right now Skype is all there is that's still got it, and I am thinking about changing it.

Edit: I should ask, is this going update automatically now or do you have to do it every time a member changes their name?

6. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

It's not automatic but maybe I can run it periodically.

7. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Another quick problem. With the Wiki's this time. It's kind of the same.

Although in the main page, when I update my Wiki it comes up as "Seishin", when I have to log in, I have to type "SakataKentaro" instead of "Seishin", and the main page in the Wiki also says "SakataKentaro".

Not that I'll die over it, but y'know, wondering just like the journals.^^

-Seishin

8. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

Same thing with me. Journals and Wiki show me as KaiyonTormentor. (ahh the days...)
    Dont do it if it takes a while to fix, just wanted to point out that Seishin isn't the only one with the name-change problem.

- Kaiyon

9. Reisti Skalchaste

Well, it's not like people change their names every other day. Perhaps just consider it to be like the other Maitenence scripts and just run them whenever you need to? I'd probably do it that way, but I don't use the journal add-on. :p

That's because the Wiki is completely separate from the forum. You registered on the Wiki as SakataKentaro, and so it sees you as SakataKentaro. It's a completely unrelated system.

As for why your page comes up as Seishin, it's because I moved it there for you. :p

10. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Is it possible to do name changes on the Wiki? Typing SakataKentaro all the time is oh-so-long!

What I don't get is that if Seishin is but a redirection of SakataKentaro, why doesn't Seishin appear on the Main Wiki Page? I'm gonna take my guess and think that Cloud has to update that manually?

-Seishin
    (Yes, I'm a VBulletin Noob. I don't have it! oO)

11. Reisti Skalchaste

I'm not experienced in MediaWiki, so I couldn;t tell you. I'd imagine it'd be possible, but if not you can always reregister.

Correct. Same reason Shinryu still appears there and Ragnarok doesn't, despite being two separate pages, and one of them *still* being locked.

It's quite easy to learn, once you do. I've had it only a month and a half and I already know it quite well. :p By the way, the "v" is lowercase. "vBulletin" is the correct spelling. :p

12. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

I could've sworn there was a thread about the Edit part in the journal system o.0

I tried editing a comment of mine but it refuses to update. Kinda gives me a blank screen after clicking on "save changes". I tried it with both firefox and IE..

13. Reisti Skalchaste

Still a problem on my end too. I remember I think Cloud tried it and it worked for him.

Maybe it only works for admins or something? I could PM you my password and you could try it as a regular user, Cloud.