Computers Nvidia Drivers

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Project191, Aug 25, 2005.

1. Project191

Project191 Black Wind

When i go to Download new Drivers from Nvidia Website, i really don;t think these Drivers support FX 5200 =/, i am having 71.89 now. My point is do these drivers belong to fx 5200 --> www.nvidia.com --> Download Drivers --> Graphics Driver --> Geforce and tnt2 --> windows Xp for me, right? or these for the new Geforce like 6600 and 7800, because i might waste my time on downloading these Drivers for nothing and i dunno if they really do improve my Graphic card... :confused:

1 person likes this.
  2. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Erm, doesn't Nvida cards have tweaking applications when you install the card for the first time and from there, you can update? o_O

- Teddz

3. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

I always suggest the latest drivers.. which are 77.76 if you go to nvidia's own site www.nzone.com and go to drivers in the download section

but the 5200 was never a good card.. decent but not wow
    it's slower than a Geforce3 but it was made for entry class of the GFX enthusiast world

tweaking wise... your better of downloading pre-modded drivers...

I recommend the NGO 1.7776 http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1152

1 person likes this.
  4. Shinigami-Sama

Shinigami-Sama New Member

guru3d has lots of good drivers and even beta drivers
    but the fx5200 blows
    it;s slowing down my whole pc when I play games

5. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Project191: To answer your first post's question - yes, Nvidia supports all of their GeForce cards in that one download package - be it the latest and greatest, your 5200, or the becoming-archaic-GeForce2.

Should you expect to see blazing fast improvements or visual greatness after installing an updated driver? No, but there will be fine-tuning and fixes that you will want.

If you're looking for a good tweaked out driver without needing to muck around with settings yourself, I urge you to give http://www.omegadrivers.net/ a go.