Official BMG Japan Tomita classical reissue album page

Discussion in 'Tomita' started by ndkent, Aug 20, 2004.

1. ndkent

ndkent Moderator

http://www.bmgjapan.com/tomita/

as you can see, the first bunch will be out in a couple of days, the rest 9/22 (with no Bach Fantasy or anything unexpected)

2. Andrew

Andrew New Member

I wonder if this release will be an improvement over the Pictures at an Exhibition RCA Dolby CD mix (missing parts, etc.). Hopefully so. :dizzy2:

3. ndkent

ndkent Moderator

Okay. I've not had the chance to play the five August released remasters but I have examined them. They have paper sleeves of the Japanese covers with regular CD format booklets (not the 4 fold larger sheets some of my previous Japanese have. The booklets have the US covers with black and white interiors with some Japanese notes, presumably the original notes and the U.S. notes. All have gearlists and list the CDs in the series at the back of the booklets. They use JVC K2 96K/24bit technology and are NOT in Dolby Pro-Logic. Some odd details I've found. They all say "ADD" is the digital format (rather than the more common "AAD" or "DDD" so I'm not sure how they wound up being mixed in digital as that's what that seems to imply. I noticed the "Firebird" U.S. cover (red firebird on white background) is credited to "Unknown" - looks like the American office kept poor records or found that artwork somewhere. "Daphnis and Chloe" has a 1976 date - thats why the reissue came out out of sequence I guess. The discs are printed like giant RCA Red Seal labels.

4. Andrew

Andrew New Member

Thanks for the info, Nick. I wonder if in this case ADD means that they remastered it in a computer, and it was originally mixed in analog.

Neither here nor there, I seem to remember that the SPARS code was not going to be used anymore. Maybe that was a US thing.