Art Oh gosh, I'm going to die... Anyway, keyblades.

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Ame no Hinoiri, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Ame no Hinoiri

Ame no Hinoiri New Member

So, I'm VERY intimidated by the awesomeness of drawings I see. Nevertheless, I wanted to show you guys some of the keyblades I've drawn, because as I've said, I'm a HUGE KH freak. In chronological order:

Fallen Hourglass- Drawn for a Kingdom Hearts role-playing game I took part in. Controlled time with it. Pretty cool for a first attempt.

End of All- I soon grew tired of the very oddly-shaped Fallen Hourglass and replaced it with this. Much more snazzy. Once it cut through the skin of someone, it would eat away at the flesh around it, dissolving and eating away like a parasite. Very awesome.

Beginning of Ages- Always used in conjunction with End of All, this was basically the light to End of All's darkness.

Gummi Thruster- I was very bored after a test and doodled this. Based on the Gummi Ship from the KH games.

Daystar- I drew a flaming sword earlier that year, and when I got into KH I just drew the flames out into teeth of a key. Love it though.

Walk the Razor's Edge- We come to the more modern age. Drawn a couple months ago, it was supposed to be the first in a set of three. I always loved the chain on the keychain in this one, but overall NOT my best.

As the Raven Flies- The second in the set. I absolutely ADORE the ribbon effect with the floaty things around it, but the teeth out of the raven was a stupid idea. (After drawing this, I hit a block and my friend ended up drawing the third in the set.)

Industrial Arcadian- Drawn just yesterday. This one is by far my favorite and my best. It's very tech, and I love how parts of it just float, and aren't really connected to the rest of it. Also, the teeth of it took me FOREVER, because I suck at drawing circles.

I don't pretend to be an artist, but when I have drawn, these were the results. I always love feedback, and advice from real artists. What do you guys think?

2. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

Your a growing artist..These are nice. The only one I disliked was Daystar..really didn't look like flames to me. It just looks like mush to me. xD
    Good work.

3. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

I couldn't disagree more. Pardon while I derail this thread with my own interpretation (i.e. my own rough, rough sketch) of your As the Raven Flies, Here. I think it was a fine idea, and I love the implementation you chose to use. I threw on a little bit of flair here and there, but overall I think it's one of your better designs. Sorry but my edges got cut off a little along the top. ^^;

Keep up the good work. Your keyblades are great.

~W

4. Ame no Hinoiri

Ame no Hinoiri New Member

...Wow, Wert. You really pumped my key up. Thanks a bunch.

Yea, my friend is gonna come over on Saturday and teach me some of the finer points in making new keys up, so chances are I'll have a bunch more by the end of next week.

5. Alchemy_Dude

Alchemy_Dude is addicted to bad ideas.

I might just have to try a Keyblade of my own, crazy as it sounds to me.