Video Games Okami Ppl!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Suzu, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

I love Capcom games~ <3
    Okami is one game I adore to bits! If you want to know more Check out their site, I can never summarize this one:
    Capcom | Okami ...

Things I like:
    1. Fighting using a brush is so cool, drawing lines on your enemies, and drawing bridges, and mending things! I find this platformer very creative.
    2. Interacting with characters, finding treasure, feeding animals <3!

Things that annoy me:
    1. Language! Actually, I wish the characters talked English instead of gibberish mumbles. I don't thing they are talking in Japanese... I'd recognise a person who speaks japanese anyday.

2. Ame no Hinoiri

Ame no Hinoiri New Member

Okami is by far one of my favorite games. I agree about the talking being incredibly stupid. But in my eyes that's the ONLY flaw. I love the art of it. Most games try to look realistic, but this takes non-realism and makes it into a work of art. Also, the drawing system is very awesome. I would have loved to see it on the Wii. That would have been cool.

3. Sieghardt

Sieghardt Man With the Machine Gun

I got 20 hours into this game and just couldn't see what the big deal with it was. Sure, it was unique, but the combat was absolutely horrid.
    Over-rated if you ask me. =/

4. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

The fighting takes some getting used to. I didn't like the fighting all that much at first, but subsequent playthroughs make it shine. Fighting is relatively simple, and is actually quite fun if you're not just button mashing.

The story line was great, I'm surprised that you didn't like it just for that Sieghardt.

Did no one else not laugh when Waka proclaimed his sword was named "Pillow Talk"? And who else found all the beads? I did, but damn, did I need to use a FAQ for that.... All the little extra things to do for more of those spirit points are cool, and just changing the wolf clan back and forth. :D

I thought the language was cute, but it did get annoying towards the end of the game. It's not japanese, it's just repetitive gibberish.

If none of you have played it, I suggest even just listening to the Ending theme, "Reset". It's a great song. I listen to it in my car all the time. :thumb:

5. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

need to get. a friend from san fran brought his up last thanksgiving (to show it to me...and the golden shower...and the brown attack....>.>)

looks cute and pretty. and the fake talking got me =3

6. Sieghardt

Sieghardt Man With the Machine Gun

Oh I liked the story, Susan-o was hilarious and Yoshitsune is one of my favorite Japanese characters(He was Waka, if i remember correctly.)

It's just...I couldn't get into the game itself. I dunno why.

7. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

BB, I really suggest getting it. I truly believe it will be one of those games that will get more expensive as time goes on....I still have to get my own copy...but, I've been playing off my PS2 HDD.

...this will be just like MvC2 or Castlevania: SOTN!

8. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

I can also recommend, this game was incredible and well worth the money to own it, especially since the company that created it broke up about a year ago. Still, it's really more of an artform than a game, but plays well and has alot going for it. Simply gorgeous.

~W

9. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

crap...i knew there was something we forgot to do with it while he was here >.>