Old Star Wars or New?

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Sabrina, Jun 23, 2005.

?

Old or New?

1. Original Trilogy (Old Star Wars)

11 vote(s)
    84.6%
  2. Prequel Trilogy (New Star Wars)

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  1. Sabrina

Sabrina New Member

Hello there for those of you who don't know me! (I am fairly new to this site.)
    I come to ask you, now that there are three new and an equal number of old, which trilogy of the Star Wars saga do you like better? Personally I think that episodes IV-VI contain much better acting and more well-known plots. However, I do think that the most recent three are much more visually appealing(duh). Well, what do you think?
    Sabrina

2 people like this.
  2. Seishin

Seishin Guest

I am going with the Old Trilogy as well. Much more memorable scenes, and like said, better plot. It's simple really, nothing to give so much explination to.

-Seishin

3. Yossarian

Yossarian Yossarian Lives!

I really enjoyed episode II, but i would have to go with the old ones.

this would be cooler if it had a poll.

4. Dr. Nick Rivera

Dr. Nick Rivera New Member

This thread is a joke, the old ones will win by a landslide, and for good reason.

5. Seishin

Seishin Guest

True. Unless than you're with the "cool kids" that think Chewbacca is dumb (or something like that :D), and that you only watch the NEW Star Wars for the saber fights. But then again, to each his/her own.

-Seishin
    (Chewie rules! Ha!)

6. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

I preffer the old Original Trilogy. Why? Because its the regular epic futuristic space battle between good and evil. A rebbellion trying to fight against an entire Galactic Empire.
    Its original, and all of the three had great endings. Wether its Luke and Han getting medals, the dramatic ending for Episode V, or the happy ending with the Ewok celebration.
    I mean, sure Episode I's ending was a happy one, but then it was just lovey dovey mixed with the formation of the clone army, and OMG oh no the empire has come!

- Kaiyon

7. Seishin

Seishin Guest

You know, thinking carefuly about it, there's only 1 thing i like better on the prequels:

BAM!

Now, that piece right there is looks much more better than the sequels. At least that what i think of course.

But like Dr. Nick said, I don't think there MAY be a point to this, since it's clear we all love the originality. Then again, that's just me thinking....

-Seishin :D

8. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Old trilogy. The new ones are...well...they just don't "match" up to the standards that the old one had.

The only movie that is "decent" from the new ones is probably Episode III.

- Teddz

1 person likes this.
  9. KaYasha

KaYasha I'm Boelak Yrubron

Not all...
    I didn't care much for the Old Star Wars... or the new at that. I would rather choose the New Star Wars to the Old ones. I my self am more on visuals and that maybe why, I prefer the NEW Star Wars, rather than the old ones. I will say that the new ones didn't match up all-in with the old ones, but I thought that the old ones were, how should I say this without upsetting you fans, dull and boring.( Now come the e-mails and the Im on msn.) I liked the action in the New Ones and how it looked while they were fighting or even walking around for that matter. This is just my opinion though.

10. Dr. Nick Rivera

What, you're that shallow that only the flash and show of the newer episodes appeals to you? They have terrible acting, terrible stories, unmemorable characters...

And for the first ones, "dull and boring" my ass. Just because there aren't 17 minute long lightsaber fights over digitally creadted lava doesn't make the movie less entertaining.

You're only like 14. Grow up and realize that good movies aren't built on special effects.

11. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

When close to thirty years old these new movies reach, look as good they will not, hmm?

I like the old trilogy more, I grew up on them and their just part of who I am, eh? And it's always nice to see the good side win.

12. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Now now Doctor, remember, we all have a free thought on this. But you did get me on the whole Mustafar thing there, that battle will take forever to end, when only the beggining was super fast, and only Yoda Vs. Sidious had so much Force use!

Nevertheless, i stick to the oldies! With memorable characters like Jabba the Hutt: The Original Gangster! :p

-Seishin

13. Dr. Nick Rivera

OK, we have free though, but my opinion is right, and he needs a good thrashing to be brought over to my side.

I'll be damned before I sit idly by and hear something I enjoy be mocked.

14. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

I agree with you. The only memmorable characters in the new movies are practically only the bad guys.
    I know Darth Maul will go down in history.
    But nevertheless, now one will be as popular and as original (for the most part) as Darth Vader.

I consider the original Trilogy the best not because of the semi-coreographed battles, but because of the originality.

I agree with the Doc's point. Flashy lightsaber battles were cool, but nothing beats the old acting and amazing plotline. If you call Natalie Portman's (Padme Amidala) acting good, I hardly agree with you. Only Ewan McGregor, Ian McDiarmid and Samuel L Jackson did it for me on the new films. The rest was a cast of washed up Republicans and Sith.

So please, do not mock the oldies. The late Sir Alec Guiness did not act in any of Episodes IV V or VI for more than half the movie, yet Obi-Wan Kenobi is my favourite. Why? Good acting and plot.

- Kaiyon

1 person likes this.
  15. Seishin

Seishin Guest

True. Doesn't take the coolest lightsaber to make you a good actor.

Besides, the man was had an award for Best Actor already, so you could excpect no less.

Nevertheless, i also think Count Dokou was a good character, yet i doubt he'll be remembered as the Dark Lord himself.

-Seishin

16. Dr. Nick Rivera

Dooku is the worst name ever.

17. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Agreed on that. Also, i don't think the "Count" was really necessary. I don't think anyone needed to know that he was rich at some point, because if he WAS a Jedi, then he had to let go of all of his belongings, therefore not being a Count anymore. Unless of course, he took it all back when he went Sith.

Darth Tyranus is also kind of an odd name, but better than Dokou.

The major thing that i loved about him though, was his lightsaber. Unique in it's own way. The twisted Hilt of the saber was awsome, and his fighting style was unique. (Like Maul's)

But i won't love a Trilogy for some good characters. Old Trilogy 'till the end!

-Seishin

18. Orion

Orion Gears

I gave it up for the newer trilogy. I really liked the them a lot, the effects have improved, the acting is still great, and the villians are awesome too! (Grievous) :) So yeah, I liked the original trilogy too, but I just liked the newer trilogy better.

Yeah "Count Dooku" was a bad name, honestly. It just doesn't fit in with the Star Wars mood!

1 person likes this.