Square Enix Once and for all: Cloud/Aeris or Cloud/Tifa?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Inu-loves-Kago, May 15, 2003.

?

Which couple is better?

1. Cloud/Aeris

17 vote(s)
    37.0%
  2. Cloud/Tifa

26 vote(s)
    56.5%
  3. Both stink.

3 vote(s)
    6.5%
  1. Inu-loves-Kago

Inu-loves-Kago New Member

Okay, I kept having this argument in the past with my friend and we could never agree which one was better, Tifa and Cloud or Aeris and Cloud.

I told him the reason I liked Aeris and Cloud was because the game was originally going to be Aeris and Cloud (and because they look cute together anyways). But then the mom died of one of the people working on the game so they changed it in the end to having her die (but Cloud's feelings didn't change). FF7 was going to be the romance based theme game, but then they changed it to FF8 because of the mom dying.

So now once and for all I want people's opinion on who's better, then tell me why please.

2. Star Princess

Star Princess Haters are retarded.

To be honest, I think Tifa is better for Cloud. Here are my reasons:

1.) Cloud loved Tifa since they were young, and she loved him.
    2.) Tifa is lonely and is a very sweet girl (regardless of what others say).
    3.) She's more calm than Aeris (Aeris has a VERY bad temper).
    4.) Aeris was in love with Zack in the beginning and deserves him instead.

Now, I do NOT want to hear anybody say these things to protest my reasons.

1.) But Tifa ignored Cloud! (THEY WERE KIDS, REMEMBER?!!)
    2.) But she dresses like a little slut and she was jealous of Aeris (Tifa IS NOT a slut!!! And Aeris was the one who was jealous of HER)
    3.)Aeris did NOT! (she SLAPS Cloud at the play in the dating scene. Cloud was just trying to be silly and she took it too personal!!)
    4.) You wanted Aeris dead, didn't you? (no, I was sad when she died, but she an Zack were a perfect match).

3. Zanth

Zanth New Member

Tifa, all the way man. :) She was just so much cooler than Aeris ever could be. I mean really, she kicked butt. ;) Not to mention better endowed.

4. the wanderer

the wanderer New Member

tifa and cloud, easy choice.
    BTW i WAS happy to see aeris die! I now that you think im cruel, but i never used her and she was more of a liability to me then a help

P.S. i got aeris's death on tape, i watch it when im sad to cheer me up.

5. Inu-loves-Kago

Actually, he wasn't in love with her when they were kids. He just wanted to hang out with them and be a part of the group.

The play part was sort of optional and just because she slaps him doesn't mean she has a temper. I'm sure everyone wants to do their best in a performance (I should know cause I was a drama student for a while and no one in my class thought it was really funny when they messed up. They all wanted to do their best and when someone messed up, it was okay, but not funny). It's the person handling Cloud who can make him mess it up.

And actually TIFA is jealous of Aeris cause she can see how Cloud was falling in love with her. Cloud never loved Tifa in that way.

And as for the Zach thing, okay, can't really argue with that but sometimes it's okay to fall in love with someone cause they sort of remind you of a past love. It's natural. Besides, I'm sure that after a while Aeris saw Cloud as who he really was so she loved him for him and not cause he reminded her of Zach. That was only in the beginning of the game when she said that.

It does??? O_O Scary...

Anyways, drat, I can't believe people are actually voting on Tifa. I was pretty sure people liked Aeris/Cloud. They make more sense and it was SUPPOSED to happen anyway (not that that's the reason I like them). Aeris and Cloud just make more sense. Look at Kingdom Hearts.

*SPOILERS*

I recently found out that he was looking for Sephiroth (not Aeris, that happened as a surprise for him) but I think the reason is because he wanted revenge for Aeris (aside from wanting to get rid of him once and for all).

You all think about that for a while. ;)

6. Star Princess

Star Princess Haters are retarded.

"And actually TIFA is jealous of Aeris cause she can see how Cloud was falling in love with her. Cloud never loved Tifa in that way." -Inu-loves-Kago

Yeah, yeah... Tifa and Cloud- and that's final. Nothing any Aeris fan says can change how I feel (don't get me wrong, I love Aeris too). Cloud loved Aeris as a friend NOT a lover. You hate Tifa, don't you? I'm sick of people hating Tifa. :( You're reading too deeply into the game.

7. Amarhyllis

Amarhyllis New Member

I've always thought that Aeris was just right for Cloud. Cloud was in love with her too after all. And besides, I think that Cloud and Tifa would be better off as friends, I just can't picture them together as I would Cloud and Aeris. If Aeris didn't die, she would be with Cloud rather than Tifa.

8. UFOtaku

UFOtaku Wachu loorkin at?!

I actually never really picked one. I mean, Tifa ignored him when she was little, but then again, teh two of them shared a bond Aeris and cloud never did.

But Aeris just loved him because he was cloud, and she did leave a lastign impression on him. He never forgot her through the whoel game. (I'm assuming so, I'm on teh third disc, almost done,)

9. Inu-loves-Kago

I don't hate Tifa too much. Hating is such a strong word. I just sort of dislike her crush on Cloud. Other than that, I like her attacks ans stuff and she's practically always on my team cause I like her last limit break.

And actually, he DID love her as a lover or else he would have said what he wanted in the end.

*SPOILERS*

I think it was somewhere along the lines of "I can meet her there". As in if he looks for her, wherever she is (he mentioned the Promise Land though) then he'll find her. He wanted to look. And Tifa's eyes softened because she could see how much Cloud loved Aeris.

Sorry if it seems like I'm trying to convince you to switch, but actually I'm just saying reasons why Aeris is better for Cloud.

10. Battousai

Battousai New Member

Tifa, They friends since childh00d

11. UFOtaku

UFOtaku Wachu loorkin at?!

Friends? Not really. "Aquantances" I'd call them.

12. ::ZodiacStone::

::ZodiacStone:: New Member

I love Cloud/ Areis.

I think that they were the cutest couple ever and that Cloud really loved her. I see Tifa as more of a Barret kinda woman...

13. Inu-loves-Kago

Yeah that's what I thought at first too. She would go good with Barret so she could become a mom to Marlene. It's a little bit of destiny there ^_^

14. ::ZodiacStone::

At the beggining of the game I thought she was Marlenes mom and was married to Barret.... :)

15. Inu-loves-Kago

It looks like it huh? They just had this connection that made you think that until it's discovered later her feelings for Cloud and their "relationship".

16. ::ZodiacStone::

I have just realized it! Tifa sleeps around! She doesn't desreve ANY of them! :mad:

17. Inu-loves-Kago

O_O Sleeps around how?

18. SpaceCowboy

SpaceCowboy New Member

She sleeps around with me.

I think cloud and tifa are good for eachother.

19. ::ZodiacStone::

Well first she's making all nice with Barret. Then she see's Cloud and tosses barret out of her life and ushers in Cloud!

20. Inu-loves-Kago

Oh yeah, you're right! Lol. I think Tifa's okay though even if she does that, but we'll still go with Aeris/Cloud huh? ^_^