Music Online Radio

Discussion in 'Music' started by BakaMattSu, Oct 23, 2001.

1. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Was at work alone the other day, and went to connect to Hitokiriradio, but apparently live365.com was down...

So, desperately clutching for anime radio, I did a quick search and stumbled upon a pretty good online radio...

It's fairly new and has a limited variety right now (a lot of Tenchi Muyo! and Sailor Moon) but it's still a great Anime/JPop station...

Check it out at:
    www.japanaradio.com

BakaMattSu, alive and kicking (but for how long?)

2. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

That station is pretty good!
    I listen to Bigmog and Anime Music Night a lot myself.

Live365 moved around a whole bunch of radio stations to different IP's. Mine is now at :

66.28.48.77:19562

Thanks for telling me it was down Matt [​IMG]

I'll be sure to add some songs. I still have 34 megs of space left for music, I'll add some Initial D. Any other reccommendations?

3. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Lol! I knew youd go for the Initial D! but with only 34 megs of space left, you can't put in the Non-Stop MegaMix, now can you? [​IMG]

4. That guy!

hehe, I'd need 36 for that. It splits the size in half so it can be streamed at 64 kb/s. A lot of stations are going with 32 kbps so that 56k users can listen to it...but it sounds kinda bad [​IMG] .

Oh yeah I believe that regular mp3's are 128 kbps.

Initial D music is awesome, also I'll probably throw on some Trigun and Cowboy Bebop music. I haven't updated the playlist recently...so I have tonnes of new cool songs to include.

5. That guy!

(sorry 'bout double posting)

The new playlist is up for Hitokiradio!
    Oh yeah, Check the radio out at www.angelfire.com/anime3/xenoexistence/hitokiradio.htm

(errrr, I should look into a domain).

I'd tell you all the playlist, but that ruins the whole mystery of what's going to play next. I'm also trying to figure out a way to show what's playing on the station on my site. But so far I'm just getting confused by looking at the source code of sites that do this [​IMG] .

[This message has been edited by That guy! (edited 10-24-2001).]

6. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

put some Berserk in there, me got ForcesII in me head......

Ay yeee aiooo...ho ses...

okay..gotta get the lyrics...

7. That guy!

NYU!!!

After a month of gritting my teeth I found out the code to show the songs that are playing, and it was right in front of me the whole time [​IMG] :

<a name="3">
    <a class=nounder href="http://www.live365.com:89/pls/front?handler=playlist&cmd=view&handle=xenoexistence"><b>Playlist</b></a>
    <br><IFRAME SRC="http://www.live365.com:89/pls/front?handler=playlist&cmd=view&handle=xenoexistence" height="100" width="426"><ILAYER SRC="http://www.live365.com:89/pls/front?handler=playlist&cmd=view&handle=xenoexistence"></ILAYER></IFRAME><br>

of course if you(MO) want to use this you'll have to swap 'xenoexistence' with your live365 name.

Check it out at
    http://www.angelfire.com/anime3/xenoexistence/hitokiradio.htm

Edit: tell me if it doesn't work... I'm worried that you need the Live365 Player to view it.

[This message has been edited by That guy! (edited 11-05-2001).]

8. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

LOL I go check it out, and what's playing but Strange Feeling. That's enough to scare away some new listeners [​IMG]

9. That guy!

I just put that in for humor [​IMG] , It's kinda funny how it was played right when someone checked it out...

Japoness Lonely Heart-Oh!!

10. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

But where's the interactivity with Hitokiradio? Do you have anywhere where listeners (well, me...) can make song requests, rate existing songs, or possibly vote on what goes or stays?

BakaMattSu, liking that there's a lot of SMJ currently... but maybe (dare he say it?) a little too much for the mix...

11. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

wow those are good anime/jpop online radios...thanx guys, but aren't there online radios that play songs from Final Fantasy games and songs from animes other than Tenchi and Sailor moon? (Nadesico, Fushgi Yuugi maybe?)

Luckly I opened Japan-A-Radio and one of Ayumi Hamasaki's songs was playing [​IMG]

thanks again...

12. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

There are TONS of online radio stations! Just jump into www.live365.com and search for whatever your interest is (anime, final fantasy)... hopefully you'll find one that catches your fancy...and if that fails you could always set up your own...

BakaMattSu
    -----------------
    "Too bad you can't buy a voodoo globe so that you could make the earth spin real fast and freak everybody out."
    -Jack Handey

[This message has been edited by BakaMattSu (edited 11-29-2001).]

13. That guy!

Hey thanks everyone for listening to the radio station. Actually you're not the only one BMS...

There have been around 100 listening hours in the past 30 days [​IMG]

I have a section in the forum at my site dedicated to Hitokiradio, but I guess I can add on to it, or make a whole message board to it.

P.S. Ayumi Hamasaki is cool!!

Edit: dare I ask?
    Well anyways do you want to see everything on my playlist so you can reccomend what I should add and take off?
    The reason for the mixes is that other people requested them...

[This message has been edited by That guy! (edited 11-29-2001).]

14. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

Also check out all the hundreds of servers in the built in server list on Winamp3.. latest version available at http://genghis.winamp.com/~brennan/wa3

There. I have done my duty to winamp for the next month at least [​IMG]

15. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

I would like to see the playlist...

Thanks fer the tip BakaMattsu

um does anyone know a song called "Maho Shojo" or something like that. How can I view the playlists of other online radios such a Japan-a-radio?

16. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Playlist display is all up to the discretion of the perosn displaying the radio station...

..For instance, I don't believe Japan-a-radio has a viewable playlist, but the song titles do come up in your player....

BakaMattSu, he's not much help, ne?
    ----------------------
    "I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."
    -Jack Handey

[This message has been edited by BakaMattSu (edited 11-30-2001).]

17. That guy!

*Starts passing out*

I'm finally done............ Hitokiradio website!!

http://hitokiradio.tripod.com

Xeno doesn't seem to want to give the playlist though. It's probly Tripod holding him back... And I'll be sure to include winamp download next update

*passes out from lack of sleep*