Opinion on DBGT?

Discussion in 'Dragon Ball' started by neoblacklady, Sep 26, 2003.

1. neoblacklady

neoblacklady ~*Tpyo Godedses*~

Well, I havent seen it all, so I shouldn't really judge it too much, but its pure just eh. Besides seeing everyone older and whatever, powers, and what not. Its not that great. I have bought some of the dvds, not much are out in my area, I probably will finish getting the series just to have, but man this one is just straight up crap. I prefer the old stuff.
    What do you think of it, from even from seeing one episode-to them all, whats yoru opinion on it?

2. AiRRaiD33

AiRRaiD33 New Member

DBGT > DBZ

I've seen all the episodes (DBZ and DBGT), and so far the DBZ series is far more better storywise. The dbgt series had some decent fight scenes but DBZ had a lot of memorable ones. I'd prefer buying DBZ movies though than the episodes since they made 975,216,246 of them. :D

3. Novus

Novus Gone

Given that it was made after Toriyama sold out and stopped caring, I'm against the whole idea.

4. sephiroth1134

sephiroth1134 New Member

The first like 15 episodes reminded me of Dragonball. It has the essence of the fun and weirdness that Dragonball had. I enjoyed the DBGT saga but not as much as DBZ. GT had some cool fight scenes but a lot of the characters were stupid. Like that big purple dinosaur thing. I thought that was stupid, but seeing Trunks in a dress was pretty funny. I saw the Japanese version so I got to see the cuss words and all that. It was pretty good considering that Akira Toriyama wasn't involved in making any of it. I like Pan. She's spunky and fun to watch. The series got really cool when Bebi Vegeta came into play and Goku gets his tail back so he could go SSJ4. Yet something about SSJ4 just didn't cut out as a Super Saiya-jin.
    I enjoyed watching it overall. It was interesting seeing what other people could do with the series. But this is just my opinion. If you're not interested you dont have to buy it. Hell, I got the tapes from my best friend, who got them off of Ebay.
    Well that's my .02 cents.