optional fields are p00f!

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by darkFighter, Oct 24, 2003.

1. darkFighter

darkFighter New Member

for some reason, in my edit profile, whenever i fill something in one of the optional fields (like, birthday or a sig or something), it goes away, and isnt there when i come back to check. the sig doesnt appear below my posts either? and yes, i am clicking submit modifications. anyone know how i can fix this? any help is appreciated.
    edit: o_O apparently, it started working. but it really wasnt before. sorry for the false alarm.

2. Sesshomisao

Sesshomisao Poison Girl

first off this is in the wrong fourm for this inda thing..and if the problem persits pm one of the admin. Cloud or Matt...

Misao

3. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

Hm. If this was originally posted in Support / Suggestions, yes, it's in the right forum. Hmm. I edited my profile during lunch break and it did exactly what I wanted. Strange.

PS: Your sig doesn't fit the guidelines. 300 x 125 is the maximum size. Thanks. - DS

4. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Odd. What browser do you use, and at what security levels?

5. C-chan

C-chan New Member

Hmm... without knowing more, I'd guess that your browser isn't set to automatically refresh the cache every time you visit a page. If that's the case then the page you're seeing is the page that's stored in your computer, and not necessarily the updated webpage. If you're using Internet Explorer, here's how you can set the cache so that it will check for newer versions of a page every time you visit it:

1. Go to the menu bar on your browser window, click "Tools" then click "Internet Options".
    2. In the "General" tab, go to the section on "Temporary Internet files" and click the "Settings" button.
    3. Under the heading "Check for newer versions of stored pages:" click the box (or circle) next to "Every visit to the page". Click "OK".
    4. Back in the "General" tab, you have the option of clearing the cache by clicking the "Delete Files" button in the "Temporary Internet files" area. You don't have to do this, but it's better if you do.
    5. After doing the previous step (or skipping it; it's your choice), click the "Apply" button, the click "OK".
    6. Now you're all done! ^_^
      [/list=a]

If you're using some other browser instead of Internet Explorer, the principle's still the same. Just poke around in the settings for either something named "cache" or "temporary internet files". If, after doing all this, the problem still persists, then get back to us on it, but with more info next time around. ^_^