J-Pop orange range.

Discussion in 'Music' started by yakamashi, Jun 6, 2005.

1. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

well, i guess this'll be j-pop... anyway, what do you guys think of orange range? any favorite songs...?

2. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

Orange Range first caught my eye... and I'm sure most other people's when they sung the opening song to the anime Bleach called *Asterisk*... very catchy song with a good rythum. Then there came Hana, which to date is probably one of my favourite japanese songs.

Other good songs include Rakuyou (I prefer the acoustic version of this song) and Locomotion. Though to tell you the truth, I havn't been 'that' impressed with their newer songs.

Asterisk and Hana are definately my favourite songs by them.

- Shen

3. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Ah Orange Range..Yamato, katchan, Naota, Ryo, Hiroki and yoh.

Probably one of the biggest bands in Japan. Got a first touch for their music when I heard the catchy *VIVA rock and Shanghai Honey. musiQ and First Contact have so many great songs, and it's hard to tell what songs are awesome.

Hana is probably their most successfull song, making them #4 on the Top 100 single sales in 2004.

The future just look awesome for OR, with a third album coming up :)

- Teddz

4. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

yeah... hana was an awesome song. but some of their other songs are some what... not as impressive. like papa...

5. Teddz

Well, people say that it's better to buy Orange Ranges singles rather than their entire album. 1st CONTACT had some weird songs, but musiQ was better.

- Teddz

6. Teddz

...And now, Orange Range is on the Soundtrack for the hit movie Fantastic Four. Sadly, I have no idea if the song will played during the movie, but man, it's awesome that they are on the soundtrack.

Song? Well. It's "Kirikirimai", their first single, going through a "Fantastic four remix".

- Teddz

7. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

I've only heard 2 Orange Range songs, *Asterick* and soe other song that i don't know the name of, the start of it has a real Surfer feel to it, almost like something from the Beach Boys. I would like to get my hands on some of their albums but i don't think that going to be to possable without a credit card, which is something that i am definatly lacking at the moment.

8. Rokuemon

Rokuemon New Member

*asutarisuku* is great, i got the cd of that in Tokyo ^^. there is a version called "romantikku" on it with the vocals spoken (kind of emotional, almost shouting at some point) with a more more electro type backing, but still plenty of guitars. this mix is brilliant, I cant stop listening to it.

i wouldnt mind seeing them live.

9. sapphire_deity

sapphire_deity New Member

I'd say Hana would be my favored song.

10. Teddz

Apparently, the drummer, Katchan, has decided to quit the band. Reason behind is yet needed to be clearfied, but he has been suffered lately from a left-hand tenosynovitis injury.

- Teddz

11. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

hmm.. now I *have* to watch this movie.. just to show how much I love thoes guys. Sadly, I don't agree with most of you, I don't like Hana as much as everyone here.. "Orange Range - Viva Rock" is still my favorite. This song is the first I ever heard. I loved it. I loved Orange Range, and still do ^^

12. Teddz

Well, apparently, the reason why Katchan left was that Katchan had been worried for some time now about the direction the band was going in and their music style. So, when he got that left hand injury, he decided to call it a day. He was the who created the band...so from now on there are no plans to replace Katchan, as Orange Range will only use Studio Drummers.

Good luck in the future Katchan.

- Teddz

13. sapphire_deity

sapphire_deity New Member

Alright, scratch that. As of now, I like Onegai Señorita, Locolotion and Asterisk.