OVA made a big mistake

Discussion in 'Rurouni Kenshin' started by *Fabee*, Jul 19, 2001.

1. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

OVA made a big mistake by how Kenshin got the scar...In the Ova Kenshin got his first scar while fighting Tomoe's fiancee. Kenshin continued to kill people and when he met Tomoe and got the second scar .. Tomoe was the reason why kenshin vowed to not harm another soul.
    In the series The Battousai was recognized for the x scar on his face..
    Why did they ignore this fact?? [​IMG]

2. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

You know my dear FAB,
    I should ask that Q, cuz I who noticed that!
    So guys, how do you think they forgot that fact?
    [​IMG]
    *zzzzzzz*

3. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

They forgot what fact? what fact?

??? Kenshin: Yes, my dear Kaoru, it was my previous wife that gave me this scar. I vowed to change after I destroyed her."

//Confusion leads to Heartburn

the scar is subtle, the reason for the OVA was to give background knowledge behind the man called Kenshin and how he became what he is in the series. its like Episode 1 of Star Wars in that its a prologue.

4. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

The Hitokiri Battousai was recognized by his "red hair" and "cross-scar" (prolly where the title Samurai X came from...), because, and read carefully here, after he gets it is when he turned the tide for the Ishin Shishi.

I dunno where you get the idea that Tomoe dying stopped his killing. It would make sense, and, sure, she was his "Sheath", but just watch a bit farther where Kenshin is slicing up guys left and right at the OVAs end...I dunno 'bout you, but if he gave up killing, would he really be doing all that? No.

Kenshin joined the war effort (against his master's will) to stop the endless killing going on in the war. In doing so, however, he stained his own soul. No matter which side he joined, Seijuro assured, they would win the war. Even though it was driving him insane, and even though he lost his love, he still stuck with his original goal - to end the war at any cost.

It isn't until the war has ended that he gives up killing...and receives his first Sakaba sword.

Hope that clears up your confusion...

"SakabaMattSu"

5. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

thanx for clearing it up