Video Games PC Gaming...

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by SaberJ2X, May 17, 2011.

1. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

what's worth waiting for in 2011 or 2012!

I'm so out of PC gaming it's not funny, I even made a retro gaming PC because my last own being Win7 it's not so good for Glide games.

2. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

The..witcher 2? loliono...
    I think PC gaming is slowly becoming grounds for those who demand the best available graphics.

..or RTS' (which I totally love)
    Still, I wont be payin 60 bucks for wings of liberty if i know a zerg and protos campaign are lacking, and no LAN mode.

PC games just dont have the gaming industry's focus as much as they used to.
    Its why the devs demanded better hardware at GDC 2011

3. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Duke Nukem Forever, lol!

Depends what you look for in your gaming. I've picked up a few things this year that haven't disappointed - Dragon Age 2 and Portal 2 that is (yes, both are available on console as well, but you can get them for PC).

I know I'll be pouncing on The Old Republic when it hits the street.

Also on my radar for this year - Batman: Arkham City, Alice: Madness Returns, Might and Magic Heroes VI.

Looking back at it, this year has really been a year of sequels for me, hasn't it?

Haven't been a big fan of the series, but there's also another Elder Scrolls scheduled for the end of the year, Skyrim.

4. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

well, I have been playing american McGee's in the retro computer I built lol...
    but it plays a bit slow on the Voodoo3 I installed in it ;)

arkham city and that new alice, both sound nice~ so I can plan on upgrading my computer then... Haswell core.... get released already~

5. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

I disagree on DA2 not disappointing. Because I called that game "sidequest central" with a side of "recycle friendly areas"

Portal 2 was fun, but unfortunately the expectations after Portal were set too high.

Second on dat Ol' Republic. I dont care if it's cliche, im jumpin on board with the Jedi Knights.

Also, that Skyrim trailer seemed pretty sexy, even though I've never finished an ES game. But im soo gettin skyrim

6. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

We can agree to disagree, then. I welcomed the change of a down to earth approach of being more involved in more personal affairs than the standard run-of-the-mill "save the world" story. Felt more engaged with my characters and their development whereas I more or less just left everyone but my main group at camp in the first game.

The reuse of pregenerated areas was a slight annoyance, but I've grown used to it from many years of Neverwinter Nights and World of Warcraft. The contents were what were important anyway, and the layouts were diverse enough that blocking different areas and using different start and end points kept some variance.

The original Portal still takes the cake, pun intended, but Portal 2 is still a fun romp, especially with both single and coop campaigns.

7. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

All being said and done, lets focus on PC exclusives. How is Mcgee's alice?

8. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

I haven't been able to play it much, it is in a second computer I use sparingly... but so far I love it, and it's nice to change the pace from the usual FPS.. and solve some jumping puzzles and feel frustrated at your own lack of control, although alice's controls ARE a bit floaty.

9. Firefox

Firefox Member

I've paid little attention to PC games lately, aside from Starcraft 2 and the odd offering on Steam. It is kinda funny. I built this monster PC that can play anything, and here I am running games that were released in 1996. :p

And I'm not even gonna buy SC2 until all three campaigns are available, I think.

10. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

lol monster PC... I had to upgrade the 8800GTX cause it wasn't adequate already lol, I also could OC my cpu to your speeds :D...

but it's still holding strong

I think I'll wait for upgrading until Haswell Arch comes around

11. Phalanx

Phalanx Long Live M2A!

My friends and I play a few games. I'm looking forward to playing Diablo 2 with my little sister (who I helped convert into a gamer :D ) and Dota 2 with my friends.

Not to long ago, I loaded Doom 2, Age of Empires 1 and Unreal Tournament on my laptop just for old time's sake. Oh man.... memories of a gamer.

12. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

I have all those lol...

[​IMG]

I used to own one of these babies... that **** was awesome

13. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

My Library is super-massive. I wont get an X-box or PS3 game if I can get it online for the PC. I'm a slave to the finer controls of the mouse and keyboard.

Original McGs Alice is always fun.

Amnesia is scary as hell, good fun.

Assassin's Creed II was good, the brotherhood one was slow.

Dead Space 2 is win all around

If you like DA:O, then give Divinity II - The Dragon Knight Saga a run. You may enjoy it.

Super Meat Boy was hard.

The Witcher was long. I started playing Wed Afternoon. I didn't finish until Saturday night, stopping only to sleep and eat. It was fun, but damn was it a massive endeavor. All that so I could play Witcher 2, whose combat system makes the baby Jesus weep.

If you want Lucas Arts style of point and click adventure, check out the Run Away series, starting with Runaway: A Road Adventure, followed by RA: The dream of the Turtle and RA: A twist of fate.

Shank is incredibly entertaining, albeit short and a mite repetative, for your side scroller hack and slash-ems. Like Penny Arcade meets Machete.

And, as always, Mass Effect 2. I can't wait for three to come out. I'm so excited~ :x

~W

14. Firefox

Firefox Member

You know... I live close enough to BioWare's HQ, I could apply for a job working on Mass Effect 3 :3

Well, if I had any kind of experience or education in game programming and what not.

I dunno, I'm waiting for Torchlight 2 to show up on Steam so I can play co-op with my friends, and I've been playing Risk: Factions with 'em when we can manage it.

It's a shame Gothic 4 had to lose so much of the series' appeal; I was a big fan of 1 and 2, and I'm still slowly making my way through Gothic 3, but from what I've heard, 4 is crap. :/