Movies Pirates of the Carribbean: Dead man's chest

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by LilyRose, Jul 6, 2006.

1. LilyRose

LilyRose Pocky Junkie

I just went and saw it and it ROCKS. :catgirl: :D :cool:
    Most sequels never live up to the first movie, but this one is just as amazing as Curse of the Black Pearl. The only problem was the cliffhanger ending! Has anyone else seen it? what do you guys think?
    Can't wait for the next one (called Pirates of the Carribbean: At the World's end, apparently)

2. Lance Leingod

Lance Leingod The White Blade

HOW THE HELL DID YOU SEE IT :confused:

The movie doesn't come out until tomorrow (which is my birthday and I'm going to see it :D).

1 person likes this.
  3. LilyRose

LilyRose Pocky Junkie

Cambridge Film Festival :D
    And Happy Birthday for tommorow!

1 person likes this.
  4. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Ah yes, I love those things. I remember going to like one of those to the movies once, but it was where all the newpapers journalist gather round to review the movie.

Hope it's as good as you say, 'cause the first one looks preety unbeatable. Here's a downer in the words of Stephen Colbert from the Colbert Report (Comedy Central show):

"Now it appearst that they've dressed up Keira Knightely (I may have spelled that wrong) or Elizabeth, as a boy, since no one can be as pretty as Orlando Bloom..."

:p

They shouldn't have spoiled that fact in the trailers.

-Seishin

5. Lance Leingod

That's just weird on what they said.

1 person likes this.
  6. Fudge_Monkeys

Fudge_Monkeys www.boards.jp

Sometimes... they release movies the night before they are too be released i think. like superman was released on tuesday but was said to come out wensday?

7. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

Sadly, Orlando Bloom is that pretty. <3 And I've never been a Johnny Depp Fan, but I enjoyed the first one.

8. XeMiLiexJadEX

XeMiLiexJadEX New Member

i saw it, on friday 7th. It was soooo ausum!!!! It's better than the first one, i think.

9. Luffy

Luffy I Can See A New Horizon

im seeing it today and it better be gooder then the 1st one because thats how 2nd movies are ment to be!

10. Fudge_Monkeys

11. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

The only reason i'm going to see it is because of Johnny Depp's sexy self and his apparent stoner appearance..

12. Lance Leingod

I'm stupid, shot myself with Jack's gun for not answering this earlier :p

I thought the ending was cool with Barbosa coming back :D. And I know for sure that Jack is not really all dead! He's going to come back to life some how. You all should know that by now, if Barbosa can come back, anyone can come back! :D

13. Fudge_Monkeys

BTW Something about the monkey

You know why the monkey doesnt die? well in the first movie after the credits it shows a scene where the monkey takes one of the coins

14. Seishin

Seishin Guest

After watching it and careful thinking, I'm writting up a small review, coming....now...

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest-Review

Plot Summary-Rum loving Captain Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp) is at it again, this time, even for a pirate bearing the fastest ship to ever live, Davy Jones himself is on the Flying Dutchman to settle his debt with the good ol' captain.

Although things seemed to end happy on both ends, Dead Man's Chest starts from the beggining with a preety dark story, of course compared to Curse of the Black Pearl.

As excpected, William Turner (Orlando Bloom) and Elizabeth Swann (Keira Knightley) have been charged with treason for helping out Jack Sparrow from his death sentence (at the end of the first film).

All of course leading to a very complicated story, that has the end goal of one thing, which should be obvious by now, the Dead Man's Chest. It's preety much going to become the icon of the movie, but there will seem one, or maybe about thirty points when you just want it to go away.

It's a very entertaining story, and it has all that a summer blockbuster should have, pirate action, special effects, more action, and that's about it. Falling short of an actual plotline, it's just an old action movie that likes to raise questions, over and over and over, and for about at least six parts in the movie, you will think it's about to end, but it's really not. It ends when you least excpect it, or want it.

Hitting the plotline once more, there's nothing really special about Dead Man's Chest, nothing short of what actually made the Pirates of the Caribbean film a success anyways. Although it does have more than the original, it has less of 'A pirates life for me'. In fact, there may be a moment that if it wasn't for Jack Sparrow, you'd forget they were all pirates.

However, the movie isn't as bad as it sounds, it's actually preety entertaining, and it obviously has it's humour parts, mostly of course done by Jack Sparrow, and it always keeps you guessing, right to the very least.

This movie's a definetly watch it once if you've seen the first one, and only watch it twice if you're a huge fan of the franchise, Johnny Depp, or you are tired from watching Superman Returns.

I give Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, a 3 out of 5.

Truth be told, it's Depp's acting what really saves the movie.

I really hoped for better, but with all this, At World's End HAS to be a killer. Even though it oozes to much of a franchise called the Matrix. For those who watched the ending for Dead Man's Chest, and Matrix Reloaded, you can probably guess why :p

-Seishin
    PS:The monkey bussiness is soooo 2003 :p

15. Cherrygirl

Cherrygirl Cherrylicious!

Saw it last friday and LOOOVED it! I am buying it the moment it's out on dvd.

I TOTALLY forgot about that! I was about to get pissed at them for not being consistant hah.

Also...
    ...I know Elizabeth was mad at Jack and all...but he's a pirate! Did she really have to "kill" him? That seemed a little too much to me...he DID come back afterall.

16. Lance Leingod

Knew that, although my parents didn't :D. I ended up explaining about some of the things in the movie that happened an hour ago, like why the heart disappeared from that earth bottle and a lot of other things about it as well. Plus, it made me wonder about the monkey. If he used the gold so that he couldn't die, where's the gold? Is it still in the cave, is it some place else altogether now? I'd just like to know even though it may not have anything to do with the plot.

I know what you mean. I was just shocked, surprised....confused :) and everything else about what happened. Plus, I HATE THE FACT THAT WILL DOESN'T LIKE ELIZABETH ANYMORE T_T!!! Sure, they might get back together but it just really felt emotional to me. They're two of the main characters of this film, they're suppose to be together, and they put in this crap about Will possibly not in love with Elizabeth anymore because she was trying to trick Jack into getting shackled and getting eaten by the Cracken by KISSING HIM!!! :mad:

17. manslayer

manslayer animatedbboywhatareyou

I think it was good to. How the show davye jones and his crew along with captian jack sperow and his crew.

18. Fudge_Monkeys

Well....Will didnt know she chained him to the ship. He Probably thought she was just in love with sparrow now

19. Chane

Chane Audience of One

Easily the best movie I've ever seen. I loved the entire film although it utterly made me hate Norrington and Elizabeth (and I was starting to be impressed with Elizabeth, through the whole movie).

20. Lance Leingod

Yeah, but that's why I just hated it. I like the movie but did they have to put that in! Although, the way that Jack just went against the Cracken was cool! Even though it did nothing :D