Please tell me about Seta !!!

Discussion in 'Rurouni Kenshin' started by Soul Tester, Jan 2, 2005.

1. Soul Tester

Soul Tester New Member

Since I'm a big fan of Seta Soujiro, it's a shame to me not to know his family situation. I read manga and watched anime, but I still don't understand WHO Seta was in that cruel family. There're some theories:

1. Seta's father slept with a geisha (prostitute) and had Seta
    2. Seta's real parents were killed in the war and that family adopted him
    3. Seta's mother betrayed his father and thus he got angry at Seta.

Which one is true ??? Please tell me!!!

Ah, and one more thing: "Seta" is the tenken's first name, isn't it ? People call him "Soujiro," but I think that since he was modeled after Okita Souji, "Soujiro" should be his last name. Correct me if I'm wrong.

2. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

im fairly sure that his father did sleep with a Geisha and produced him, and much like Yahiko his mother and father died leaving him alone only to be placed with this family who all hated him.

his name is Soujirou. in Japanese the family name is given first "Seta" and the given name is second "Soujirou"

3. Soul Tester

Soul Tester New Member

Thanks for your explanation; I wonder how you got it from the story ???

In American version, first names aren't always in front, thus I'm not positive. Did either the manga or the anime ever mention his family name ???

4. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

im fairly sure that its explained in the manga, but you have to have read the Japanese manga. yes it did, its Seta, his family's name is Seta and his given name is Soujirou.