Video Games Pokemon Pearl and Diamond

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Fushigi Rockna, Aug 14, 2007.

1. Fushigi Rockna

Pokemon is still cool dudes. No I don't care what your grandma says. Pokemon still rules! O:<

At least the games do.

I bought Pearl on friday and am having a blast. <3 I started out with an adorable Piplup whom I named MaesHughes (FANGIRLISM LULZ) and have been travelling around Sinnoh. So far I've beaten one gym and caught 10 pokemon. The one I spent the longest time catching was a female Pachirisu named Desu~. :3

Anyone else playing it? The new pokemon are pretty cute compared to the oddish ones of the Third Gen games. So far I like alot of the aspects. The newest one I'm quite keen on is the abilitiy to battle friends through wi-fi and have voice chats. In fact, the wi-fi was the main reaosn I bought the game (tho I don't have it set up yet).

If you have it maybge we could battle once I set my wi-fi up! O:

And Piplup is love <3

2. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Another pokemon game. I really do like the pokemon games.

It is just one of those games that you like and don't want to tell people.

So what are the pokemon to raise this time?

3. Fushigi Rockna

Well, the starter pokemon are an adorable little trio: you first have Turtwig, a grass type torteise who reminds me of Bulbasaur what with the tree on its back. You then have Chimchar, a mischievious fire monkey. Finally you have Piplup a water type kamiaze penguin.

As usual, there is entire new types of pokemon to catch. These seem to have more charm than the third generation did. (although, nothing beats the charm of MUDKIP.)

Oh, Eevee also gets two more evolutions, Glaceon (ice) and Leafeon (grass). Personally, i think it's about time they gave Eevee a grass evolutions. :>

4. Basher

<3 Chimchar looks to cute. I would choose Chimchar.

So what one lets ya play Chimchar? Unless they changed that...yes it has been ages since I played.

Eevee has two more evolutions...sweet. Glaceon and Leafeon are just to cute. Umbreon is still the best tbh.

5. Fushigi Rockna

Hmmm?

Uhm...no matter which one you get you can pick between either Turtwig, Chimchar or Piplup. o_O; Because they're the three starters....

it's not like how some pokemon are available in one game but not in the other (hence encouraging trade) You can pick between either of those three in each one.

Piplup for me. <3 I'm sorry but....PENGUINSSSSSSSSS. <3 <3 <3

I've never been able to pick a fire pokemon as my starter. I pretty much always choose water except in gold/silver, because Totodile was ugly as sin. (I picked Chikorita that time <3)

6. Basher

If you watch Farce of the Penguin you may change your mind...

I guess I go for what I think is cute at the time.

So is there any word on the special thing when you match up Pearl, Diamond and Ranger?

7. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

You will get a special pokemon if you do that. I think it's Manaphy that you will get if you do that.

I like the game alot (Played every pokemon game that has been out), but I really think that GameFreak could have at least expanded the graphics a liiiiittle more.

But still, it's the charm of Pokemon that makes me giggle like a little schoolboy.

8. Iya

Iya HIP ATTACK!

I got Diamond ages ago but I haven't beaten it yet.
    I haven't had time to get around to it.
    I have Piplup too.....I always get the fire-type pokemon but I hate monkeys.
    At least Piplup is super cute.....well at least in the first stage.

I agree, Umbreon is my favorite.
    When Umbreon and Espeon came out in Gold and Silver, I was trying to get an all Eevee team.
    Now that they seven evolutions, I don't know which one to leave out. They're all so pretty. :(

9. Sigurd

Sigurd New Member

I miss when there were only 150 to catch :/ There's too many now.

Blue and Red 4eva~

10. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

That's almost the entire point with the Pokemon franchise.

MILK THE FANBOYS/GIRLS !

11. Basher

There is much love to the Eevees.

Teddz is right.

As long as they come out with RPG style of playing I will play it.

12. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

I just like the first 150 ones....

13. Fushigi Rockna

Ya know, I loved the first 150 too...and the next batch of 150. I didn't like the third batch ('cept mudkips), but actually this fourth batch is pretty good. I loves my new pokemon.

I'm getting a decent team right now :B I have a Piplup (MaesHughes. He's leveled up enough to evolve and I like his last evolution but I don't wanna evolve him just yet. ;.; ), a Pachirisu (Desu~), a Starvia (at least, I think that's the evolution of Starly....either way, it's name is Fwoosh. :3), a Drifloon (Shippou), a Buneary (Laplace Ma) and a Budew I'm tyring to evolve in a Roseilia (Shinku). :3 I needs my Eevees, Mudkip, Sneasel and a fire pokemon to name RoyMustang tho (maybe a ponyta, lol X3) before I'm happy.