Poll: Which Code do you follow?

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Kaiyon, Apr 3, 2005.

?

Do you follow a Code?

1. I follow the Jedi Code

27.8%
  2. I follow the Sith Code

22.2%
  3. I follow neither

16.7%
  4. I follow some of both

33.3%
  1. Orion

Orion Gears

That's true, the Jedi do become corrupted, starting to doubt. They doubted Ani in Episode I, and they were right about him; he wasn't the Chosen One. The Chosen One wouldn't have become a Sith, he would have stayed loyal to the Jedi. Or was the Chosen One stuck in a constant battle between both sides? Maybe. Oh, I picked neither, I'm a loner by nature.

2. me_dreaming_zzz

me_dreaming_zzz ¯\(º_o)/¯

Im very emotional, so i dont think the Jedi code would suit me. I think that Sith code suits my personality way more, but i disagree with some parts of it...so i choose neither.

3. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

And tell me, where do the Jedis come from? Sometimes don't they fight people of their same species? That means they're not perfect, they're not saints, they make mistakes as every living being does. After all, the Jedi were originally a philosophical organization, and Sith came from that same organization, not from nothingness. If you say that the later Jedi were dark because of their arrogance, then they always were.

Or better you say, you choose the best of both :anime:

4. me_dreaming_zzz

me_dreaming_zzz ¯\(º_o)/¯

I like how you put it. He he, why not? me_dreaming_zzz's code...hmmm.. :rolleyes:

5. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Um, what does species have to do with anything, especially when it's a multispecies organization?

So when the Jedi routinely had a routine number of drop-outs and became incredibly strict, dogmatic and inflexible, that wasn't a form of corruption? Look at how they handled the prophecy. They assumed it would work out in a certain way, and never even bothered debating its meaning.

There's more to it than just arrogance. The Jedi didn't ever do anything. They just sat back and let things happen. Why couldn't they go back and buy Anakin's mother her freedom? Why couldn't they make a speech to the Senate about consolidation of power in Palpatine and its dangers? The Jedi were not an active force; they were entirely reactive by the time of the prequels, willing to let things happen and THEN act. They never pushed the Senate to, say, work on bringing planets like Tattooine closer to the Republic so slavery could be abolished. In essence they locked themselves up in ivory towers, arrogant and distant from the common person.

Consider: Obi-Wan says "Only a Sith deals in absolutes!" and then goes on to say "The Sith are evil!" Is that in itself not an absolute? Thing is, Anakin, in becoming a Sith, had STOPPED dealing in absolutes. He had begun to view the world in shades of grey - he viewed one evil (using the darkside) as lesser versus another evil (letting someone he loved die). The Jedi, whether they'd admit it or not, dealt in absolutes all the time. Look at the Jedi code and just try to tell me there are no absolutes in that.

The Jedi willingly led armies against worlds who only wanted to seperate from the current government, and given what the Republic was becoming, who can blame them for wanting to seperate?

The Jedi were an organization full of hypocrisy, arrogance and self rightousness.

The wisest Jedi knew that not everything said always worked out that way. Consider: Obi-Wan said that Jedi should never kill prisoners. Yet later Windu tried to kill Palpatine, because he knew Palpatine was too powerful to be trusted with the justice system, and too powerful to even imprison. In this action, Windu was being realistic and leaving dogma behind. Windu, it seemed, was one of the better Jedi.

6. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Still, after all said, what Kreia said about the Jedi being a Dark is true.

Like, what she said about the Exile. He was just stripped of his Force abilities when he became a threat (too powerful), no one would mention it, another little Jedi Secret.

Let's face it, we're not all perfect, everyone has Darkness within their hearts.

-Seishin