Posts?

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by frommyvalentino, Dec 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frommyvalentino

frommyvalentino New Member

Hey, Valentino here...
    I was wondering...
    how come it says I have 20 posts...
    yet when I go to "view all posts from Frommyvalentino"
    it says "Showing 25 of 39"?
    That doesn't make sense...
    and I wanna see it say 39 posts, and what not...*sniffles*

2. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

I don't think the posts in the newbies forum count in your post number..or something like that.

3. frommyvalentino

*does the math now* Well that narrows it down to 28, unless there is another section that doesn't count...>.<

4. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

The Newbies and RPG forums don't count towards you're post count.

5. frommyvalentino

Anything else? Cause...I don't recall posting in the RPG forums...I might of....

6. Fudge_Monkeys

Fudge_Monkeys www.boards.jp

maybe the post you made in the manga ring project thread?

7. frommyvalentino

Ah...maybe...that still sucks....*sigh* I should have like 40 posts....blah, oh well...that kinda sucks, but I"ll get over it. Haha, Fudge, you have 666 posts! ^.^ Congrats.

8. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

i'm pretty sure celebrations doesn't count too.

my question is, why are you useing such a tiny font? it's difficult to read and doesn't help post quality.

9. frommyvalentino

Oh, okay.
    I'm using a smaller font because I really really dislike big or as you would call it "normal" fonts... it drives me insane.

10. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

you know, you can change the font your view via your browser? usually under tools->options. that way, those of us with bad eyes because of the moniters of old, can read your posts, instead of everyone but yours. =3

11. frommyvalentino

Yeah, I know...and it's already set to as small as it goes. When I decrease it, the font remains the same for everyone. Sorry hun...do you want me to use size 2 font instead of 1? I mean, it'll give me a migraine...but I'll do it for everyone else, if need be.

12. frommyvalentino

Blah...fine >.< Happy now?

13. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

I like big fonts :D
    ~W

14. frommyvalentino

I hate big fonts, lol. And I'm glad you're happy User...>.< I can't raise my resolution, it's already as small as it possibly can be...Lol

15. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I didn't understand why the managing only your posts' font helped reduce a migraine when everyone's else's is larger. Anyways, on my husband's 21" monitor at a very high rez.. I'd never be able to read your posts at all. I don't find the text too big or even the banners because I use a higher res than 800 by 600 or whatever err normal monitors use..

16. Lance Leingod

Lance Leingod The White Blade

Here's a question, why are we fussing over fonts? If you have a hard time reading the posts, just highlight them, copy, paste them in a word doc and change the size of them. I myself rather like smaller fonts because it doesn't take up as much space. I post all my RP posts in smaller fonts so that it doesn't look as crowded. It also looks nicer in my opinion if they're in a smaller font.

Oh and here's something. I would have excepted to have a noob ask about the fonts, but a mod? What font you use won't change the post except in size. Does it really matter what size it is? In my opinion: No. Quality in posts is what's in it, not how its formated. Some people like smaller fonts because of different reasons so it shouldn't actually be an issue.

Now, going back to the questions she asked. In RP board, posts don't count toward your post count. I've posted many times in there by now and my post count would be a lot higher if they did count. Maybe the Newbie board counts post but I'm not sure about that. Just to expermient, you could try posting in different boards and keep track of what your post count is. If it increases, they count in that board. If they don't increase, posts don't count in that board. Of course, that would be one way. You could just ask Cloud or a different Mod if you wish but that might take a while since they might now answer your PM right when you send it. Or wait until someone that does know posts here. Either way, you might be able to figure out what posts of yours counted toward your post count.

17. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

thanks for thinking i'm above normal users, but guess what?

anyways, i like normal fonts, because i and everyone else can read them. my screen is at 1024x768, so it's damn small and annoying. and apparently, I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE. i point out what others think is rude to. i asked, we've given suggestions, if you can't get a resolution of over 800x600, it's not mine, or anyone else's fault. so, lance, i'd appreciate you understand that the people behind the keyboards don't all use the same resolution and don't feel like taking the time or effort to copy and paste every single post with tiny-ass fonts.

if i can't read it, how do i know the post is quality?

and the question was answered about what forums don't count in the above posts before bringing up the fonts.

18. frommyvalentino

Blah, guys...please let's just not fight over anything...it's not really worth it. I'm just gonna keep my font the way I like it, and you guys can keep the font you guys like it. No fighting, please?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.